Portal to Blasted Lands was removed, replaced with a port to Hellfire, and the Dark Portal is broken

The portals for Alliance and Horde to go to the Blasted Lands has been removed, and replaced by a direct portal to Hellfire. This would be fine, but the Dark Portal outright doesn’t work. You can walk into it and nothing will happen.

Horde now has to wait for public transit to reach the southern eastern kingdoms, in addition to taking more travel time to reach Kara, which is the only relevant instance in that area.

This change has added probably 45 minutes of wait time/travel to my weekly routine, and it’s not welcomed at all.

Fix it. Horde has no portal to southern EK from any city and you can’t even go from Outlands to the Blasted Lands.

5 Likes

Are you in Chromie time?

I am level capped, and just want to farm Kara on all my level capped dudes, like I have been doing for the past few months. Chromie time isn’t available at all to any of my characters that I’ve attempted this on.

The BL portals were removed quite awhile ago. The travel time’s about the same though. Horde can take the Orgrimmar zeppelin to Stranglethorn and fly over. It’s about a similar distance as Alliance flying from Stormwind, maybe even closer.

3 Likes

It quite possibly be just working as intended, unfortunately.

There’s no way that the Dark Portal in Outlands actually just not working at all is intentional.

You can run directly into it and nothing will happen.

2 Likes

They removed a lot of portals, this may have been collateral. I don’t know.

No, they haven’t. you would talk to the Thrallmar/Honor Hold mage, and they would teleport you to Thrall and Meraad outside of the portal. I did it last week.

Now that NPC takes you to HFP in Outlands, and the Dark Portal doesn’t work.

This change was made over the last week.

1 Like

I noticed the change as well.

I can’t see anyone on the Alliance side to get there…sheesh I am trying to help. I can see you’re frustrated, but to come here and get an answer that’s not what you wanted.

You may as well use your time to afk fly there and do it or continue complaining here.

Or keep complaining here for something you have no control over.

1 Like

Just logged in to confirm this, what a stupid change, we have 2 outland portals now.

I am glad I am done with zul’gurub and kara mounts, to fly from SW to both zones is a huge pain in the back.

I’m explaining the objective situation, and trying not to get gaslit by people who don’t know where the portals were during BfA. I’m not in the wrong. Don’t interpret my frankness in the face of blatant misinformation as rudeness.

1 Like

Just remove all portals and give them to the mages .

3 Likes

The mage doesn’t take you to blasted lands anymore.

2 Likes

I am not gaslighting you. Calm down.

I wasn’t even replying to you with the previous message, i was responding to Asana, who is blatantly wrong about said portals having been removed, is speaking authoritively, and for some reason, has people upvoting their nonsense.

You kind of are gaslighting him.

There is no clear reason why Blizzard removed the portal. Do they save a few bucks on the electric bill or something?

1 Like

Yeah, I have zero idea why the dark portal functionality is removed, it’s frustrating

2 Likes

I’m not though…I am not sure how you think I am.

I am literally saying that you don’t know why and MAYBE (heaven forbid an opinion to open some insight) it was just accidentally removed. just because a point of view differs from your own is not gas lighting.

Undercity. Set to before BFA. What use to be the Zeppelin to Stranglethorn, is now a portal.

The Dark Portal not working is another issue that shouldn’t be happening.

1 Like