Portal to Blasted Lands was removed, replaced with a port to Hellfire, and the Dark Portal is broken

Getting a mage to send you to Stonard?

2 Likes

Hi Drakov: I noticed this unusual occurrence myself yesterday when I went to talk to the NPC in the tower of the mage district for a quick port to Blasted Lands, however she was not present. It then dawned on me that Stormwind was in the midst of a scourge attack at that time and zombies were running amok in the tower. I waited until that cycle ended and the regular NPC that always ported me to Blasted Lands in the past had suddenly returned and I was able to once again take my favorite shortcut to fly to Kara. Perhaps when you were trying to access the NPC mage in Orgrimmar the city was actively under attack by the scourge? Maybe try again once you can verify there are no zombies around. I think this is a direct effect of the current pre-patch event and will be a short-lived annoyance for us mount farmers. Hth!

1 Like

There is a ring you can get called the Violet Seal of the Grand Magus that will teleport you to kara. But yes it seems odd that the dark portal just stopped working all together. many times I would port to shat, and fly back to portal to get to blasted lands. I hate waiting for a zep.