Population - INCOMPATIBLE, Cant log in

Hello, just tried logging in and it says the population is incompatible. Thats a new one. Anyone know whats up?

2 Likes

You may see incompatible realms after logging in to World of Warcraft after a patch. This occurs because your game client does not match the version on our servers.

If your game does not update automatically, restart the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app. Follow these steps if the update doesn’t start.

1. Close the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app.
  2. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager.
  3. Select Agent.exe and click End Process .
  4. Restart the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app and let the update finish.
  5. Run the Scan and Repair tool.

Reset the user interface if you’re still seeing incompatible realms after following the above steps. If that doesn’t work, check BlizzardCS on Twitter for more information.

8 Likes

Try closing and re opening the battle.net program, there might be an update. That’s what worked for me when I had this problem.

4 Likes

A small update was recently released to address some issues. If you are getting red realms/incompatible, it means your client hasn’t been updated.

As the others mentioned, usually restarting your client will push the update. If it does not, try the steps in the support article that Kyzera linked. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It worked! Thanks all!

4 Likes

i haven’t had a thing pop up yet

Cool another night of not being able to play seems to be a running fashion with blizzard lately

Did you follow the advice in the Support Article?

Here are some additional troubleshooting steps.

• Check for Downloads manually.
  • With the WoW tab open in the Bilzzard Desktop App, select Options > Check for Updates
  • Restart the Blizzard Application
  • Ensure Agent is closed.
  • Close out the Blizzard Desktop Application
  • Open your Task Manager with Ctrl+Shift+Esc
  • Look for Agent.exe and hit End Process if present. If using Win10 you need to look under the “Details” tab.
  • Reopen the Blizzard Desktop Application and allow it to update
  • Run the Scan and Repair tool.
    Open your Config.wtf file (located in the WTF folder) and make sure your ‘SET portal’ line has “US” listed.

• If the issue continues or does not download, please create a new topic in the Tech Support forum with the attempted steps and we’ll attempt to assist!

To confirm if you have the most recent game build (which realms will show available), you should see Version 8.2.0.30920 in-game during the login process.

3 Likes

why doesn’t blizzard offer manual patch downloads?

The launcher has been required for some time to run patches, stand alone patches probably would not work if the launcher doesn’t, and it means they can push smaller fix patches if needed.

2 Likes

just going to uninstall

1 Like

Smart thinking that will definitely get the patch to update when you reinstall ;D

1 Like

very frustrating

the instructions vrakthris gave should do the trick. if that seems complicated, usually restarting your computer (actually off, not just sleeping), then opening the launcher and trying to update again should also do the trick.

if this doesn’t work then there is probably security software of some variety blocking the updater from working, and I’d suggest posting in technical support.

6 Likes

same, and worked

I realize your a new poster, but please be mindful of the dates of last replies in the future.

1 Like