Population in pvp is wow dead?

Hi all, I have been playing this game for quite some time. It is Friday night and I log on to do some pvp arena/rbgs. There is only ever 3-4 rbg groups going at a time and a hand full of arena group. There use to be over 10million players playing the game. Has the populations shrunk that much that there are no one playing pvp? I just cant understand, it is world of Warcraft how can there be only 4 groups in LGF in the entire world? my question is what happened? where are the group? is wow officially dead? or is it because I’m Alliance do you have to be hord? (if so I don’t want to pay $40 dollars per toon to transfer) can anyone enlighten me? what has happened out of 4+ billion people in the world there are only 30 - 40 in lfg? ok ill end it there pick your question.

4 Likes

What would YOU do for a Klondike bar?

2 Likes

There are quite a bit on the horde side in LFG but I think the vast majority of players in PvP are not pugging for partners .

2 Likes

Just need more leaders imo. People just don’t want to lead. Toward the end of legion if I didn’t see a yolo group in there I would just start my own and it would fill in 10 minutes.

The game is definitely not dead even though the latest fad is to hate on everything.

Also, with the rise in popularity of discord and the communities feature, a lot of groups form outside of LFG.

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s that people don’t “want” to lead but trying to lead people with “internet tough-guy syndrome” is usually not worth the effort for most people.

On the flip side, there are people who try to lead but are seemingly just throwing mud against the wall to see what sticks and are taken with a grain of salt (kosher-friendlyof course).

4 Likes

I know my sample size is small but out of the 25-30 games I played in Legion, I maybe saw one or two internet tough guys.

1 Like

Internet tough-guys are not always vocal. Many will see someone (for example) say “go defend that flag” and think to themselves “pfft, you can’t tell me what to do” and ignore them and do their own thing.

1 Like

nods repeatedly

Yea Grey!

continues to nod and look for eye contact of others

3 Likes

Ok?

/10char

No.

PvP has never been as popular as PvPers want to believe, and the reason for it lies squarely on their own behavior.

1 Like

Yes and no. Some people are terrible, get killed once or twice and leave. They feel overwhelmed and just leave. PvP’ers are no more or less toxic than PvE nerds who pretend Raiderio and AOTC means the world.

2 Likes

randoms are super popular which is what 99% of the population plays. there are so many horde that alliance queues are a minute only.

1 Like

Eu/us had 1.7mil subs.

How many of those pvp?

Then split in to arena/world pvp/bgs/skirm/epic/brawls.

Then time zones.

Games dead.

2 Likes

The population, especially in NA alone, of WoW is currently believed to be around or below 1 million. Possibly as low as half that (NA region only).

WoW has fallen quite far from its lofty peaks. Thus the new focus on player retention through cheap to develop grind increases and removal of QoL features. Time gating, longer loot acquisition, forging making BIS gear almost impossible to ever ‘finish’, more micros, etc.

this is the new wow, which is very likely on a slow transition path to F2P

5 Likes

and cellular phone gaming. I think its headed for that personally. Mission boards, outpost upgrades, followers doing your stuff. All hand held device platforming.

Pet battlez

Dead is an overstatement :roll_eyes: there is less people playing the game in general so yea there are less pvpers too.

Dead is relative though. I love swtor, great story and I love Jedi. Have you tried queing PvP in that game? Holy smokes… Trust me, dead is relative lol

3 Likes

Wash out your mouth with panda tallow soap!

Yeah man I did, I got sick of fighting the same people all the time.

How ever this game is starting to get that way.

It’s not there yet, but the writing is on the wall.

1. You are Alliance. Horde have maybe 10x as many available groups, especially in PVP.
  2. It’s kind of a slow time since Conquest rewards will become obsolete next week. I expect it to pick up a bit over the next couple weeks.
  3. World PVP at assaults are, frankly, way more fun than rated, so I think a lot of Alliance are there instead.