Popular Realms Updated -- 11:30 a.m. PDT April 16

At least Blizzard’s “solutions” still adhere to their old ‘it’s ready when it’s ready’ mantra. Pity in this case that it’s ready when it’s too bloody late.

That’s awesome, and totally applies to guilds with literally hundreds of players, who 2 weeks before launch were coordinated to all focus on a certain server, many of which actually had to pay 2 weeks sub to nothingness in order to reserve names. Those guilds can easily move as easily as you and your 2 RL friends.

Again, lets just pretend that entire guilds with members with reserved names can just say “F it” and move as a single unit, and are willing to give up every single one of their reserved names.

Your “myself and 2 friends” example is pathetic.

Prove it.

So the only guilds capable of doing this are the hundreds or thousands that transferred recently TO servers like Whitemane and Incendius and caused most of the queues?

Somehow paid mass transferring TO servers is the primary cause of everything bad but mass transferring OFF servers is impossible even when it’s free.

2 Likes

This is a very interesting move and more in line with what the original team would have done.

Thanks for the update!

I have zero idea what point you are trying to make, and don’t even know what you are talking about.

Where did I say any such thing?
There is no "primary cause’, but rather a laundry list of things that blizzard owns:

• Allowing multiboxers
  • Not dealing with bots sufficiently
  • Players using various things to remain in game when AFK
  • Retail players getting to hop between the two games whenever they get bored with BFA
  • Releasing major raid content 2 days in a row during a pandemic, which already caused the servers to be artificially bloated

You were saying transferring off isn’t an option for most people and organizing a guild to transfer is almost impossible.

Yet a primary cause for queues is hundreds of guilds paying to transfer TO these servers. Somehow they all managed to make it work, even paying, $25, but leaving a server is impossible even if free.

4 Likes

Nowhere did I say “most”. I gave a pretty clear reason why many are unwilling to move, and why large guilds see it as a major risk.

I’d love to see your source cited that shows that the majority of players taking the transfers were anything but pubbies that were barely attached to their guilds.

How did that work out when the target servers were utterly destroyed by the migration, and many of those people had to sacrifice their very names to do their moves?

“The devil you know” applies in a big way.

Sounds like if the name of your character in a video game is more important than actually playing the video game guess you get to enjoy the queue.

3 Likes

what exploits are those? oh, black lotus hoarders and rmt goldsellers might find their wares lose some value? gosh, I’m soooo sad for them.

1 Like

I this the only update we are getting??? there are several other servers that need help now. Are you bringing layering back? Or does activision just want every guild to toss blizzard $1000 to xfer to servers?

This isnt a fix just implement layering already stop tip toeing around the problem and just add it to the servers impacted. people who dont play on these servers who try to voice an opinion about layering their opinion does not matter.

1 Like

Thanks for the glass of water to put out the fire you created

Some people take their names seriously. Many even take the name of the server their on seriously. In fact, if they had more “good” names (rather than names that came off as lame) at release, the population would likely have been more evenly dispersed. The server names were a huge point of discussion prior to opening day. And that is the SERVER name. So yeah, character names carry weight when players are making decisions.

2 Likes

I don’t doubt it with servers names, despite the popular ones literally being scarlet monastery bosses…

Complete throwaway names, not like Illidan, Arthas, etc

I guess q’s starting at 2-3pm EST every day on HEROD is not enough to warrant the same change here?

World bosses would be the biggest concern. Layer exploiting can also be used to escape PvP. I’m sure there’s many others I’m not thinking of.

1 Like

You mean the same problems they had already addressed when layering was still in the game? And no people shouldn’t have to log in 6 hours early at minimum to beat an 8 hour queue.
Take your fear mongering nonsense else where, especially since this issue doesn’t even impact your server.

1 Like

make world bosses only spawn in the main layer. problem solved. escaping world pvp… who cares, the people after you can layer hop same as you.

Do you even go here?

This is the most retarded [Censored] I’ve read, lately. Imagine paying $15 a month to be governed by these rules. No thanks.

1 Like