Poor response for XP buff

Just read the Blizzard post here The Winds of Wisdom 50% XP buff should be extended until Dragonflight releases - #21 by Kaivax and all I want to say is boo. It’s actually silly that this buff was a benefit for those preparing for Season 4 - like… for real? The gearing aspect of preparing for Season 4 I can get but I didn’t see any increase in gear quality or drop percents. An xp buff is just for leveling lol.

What benefit is gained by removing the buff during “Season 4”? I was enjoying that buff quite a bit - it lessened the pain of Shadowlands for my alt army but now that it’s gone I’ve lost the motivation to play retail again.

86 Likes

I completely agree. Making the XP buff apply to season 4 would give the non-seasonal players something to enjoy as well. Right now, these players don’t get much out of season 4.

I actually made a thread about this a month ago in the TL3 forums. It was this:

I would like to request an XP boost event like the one you had before Shadowlands. I realize that the intention of the 8.3 xp boost was to make leveling worthwhile even though people knew that leveling would be faster in Shadowlands, and that the circumstances are different because there is no announced leveling time reduction for dragonflight.
But I thought it was a great idea and I think end of expansion XP boosts are a fun way to revitalize the game for open-world players at the end of the expansion. I think it would be a really sweet thing to do for leveling fans while the seasonal content players are enjoying season 4.
Here’s hoping you will consider doing something like that again. Thank you.
Rita

28 Likes

If it’s any consolation, the initial post on the thread has plenty of the :heart:

1 Like

It’s sad to see that they reply to this through the CM because reddit is angry with them.

5 Likes

I’m sure it’ll make a return “in preparation” for DF :stuck_out_tongue: They’ve done it almost every expansion now for the past 2 or 3, right?

“to specifically benefit players who were preparing for Season 4.”

Who does that constitute? Who are these elite players lifting weights in preparation?

Because near as I can tell, anyone with a friggin subscription is “preparing for season 4”.

Seriously, what the hell does that sentence even mean?

22 Likes

Translation: “We don’t care what our players want, no changes will be made.”

24 Likes

Seasons are specifically geared towards eSports such as the MDI. So if you don’t participate in those, then you’re not the target audience.

3 Likes

I wanna know, who at bliz thinks people are just gonna randomly make new characters to power level to do raids/mythics for a friggin micro-season

Pull yer heads out of yer butts with the eSports junk in wow Bliz devs. Seriously.

22 Likes

I’ll just point out that I currently can’t wait for the XP buff to be over today. I’ve literally been holding out on leveling my alt because leveling with the buff is way too fast, and you can’t get remotely close to finishing an expansion storyline before you have completely out leveled it.

Leveling in Retail is insanely, break-neck fast with the buff. Do people really think that it is too slow without it??

Yes, yes I do. I’ve seen the story, done it a few dozen times since 2004. Now I just want to be max level.

10 Likes

At that point you may as well just add a level 60 template at the character creation screen like they do in PTR and remove leveling from the game entirely.

It would be nice to know if they ever even consider players who don’t raid or do M+ in literally any decision they make at all. They constantly say themselves that the majority of players don’t participate in that content, but then also constantly ignore player feedback from that same supposed majority and seem to only make decisions like this to benefit the minority.

It doesn’t make any sense at all. Can we ever get an explanation on this? These things do not add up, Blizzard.

13 Likes

That reddit post makes me sad :confused:

2 Likes

The only purpose of the xp buff was to keep raiders playing until today.

4 Likes

Your terms are acceptable.

I don’t particularly like Shadowlands so by the time I got to alt 3 I was over it and ended up leveling lower characters until they hit 50 and then stopping. So anything that speeds up Shadowlands part is nice.

6 Likes

If the people who don’t raid are the majority according to Blizzard, you’d think they would care about keeping those people playing by continuing this buff after a bunch of feedback from those players saying to keep it going.

Are we the majority or not, Blizzard? Why does it seem like they never care about our feedback?

8 Likes

I 100% agree with you on leveling through Shadowlands.

With the XP buff I could do threads of fate and get most of the way to 60 by doing the help each zone, torgast once, and world quests throughout . . . and a few side quests here and there. Having that buff kept me motivated to power through it. Not having that buff? I’m done with it.

Another alternative is to just enable Cromie time through 60 right now. That would make it 100% possible for me to level all the remaining characters I have to max level. No questions asked and no xp buff required.

3 Likes

I wonder what’s going on at Blizzard this is the third L in a row they have taken after such a promising start for DF

First they lied about LFR being included and waiting until the last minute to quietly change the wording of the achievement instead of coming out weeks ago explaining they didn’t mean for LFR to be there, apologize and move on.

Second they nerfed the flying speed of the new race pretty much ruining the very thing myself and many others wanted to play it for( to finally fly around like we wanted to on DHs) only to now be forced into using the mount because they nerfed its speed by like 300% for some of the dumbest reasoning I’ve ever seen

Now thirdly they go and give us two weeks of a buff almost everyone enjoyed and wanted to keep around as it makes the absolutely dreadful grind from 50 to 60 actually bearable.

I’m starting to think dragon expansion might actually suck because they are clearly ignoring player feedback again like they did for all the prior expansions and look how they turned out …

13 Likes