Polymorph: Why Does It Heal?

Can it please stop healing now? Warlocks and rogues are much worse with CC in to burst.

7 Likes

it needs to have 2secs less that i will gladly trade, maybe a pvp talent to make poly a fear would be fine

Fear and poly are the same duration.

1 Like

no, fear is 6 sec poly 8 secs

I do support getting a PVP talent that makes Polymorph have duration similar to Cyclone / Fear or a CD, but remove the healing component. This way, it has a tradeoff that does not make it a must pick talent and it can just have its niche of making Mages better in 1v1 and maybe 2v2 without mostly affecting 3v3, where normal Polymorph might be better.

2 Likes

Stop making stuff up. They do not in PvP or PvE.

Because it is spammable.

1 Like

It is the best hard crowd control in the game. The one downside is you don’t use it on your kill target unless you can secure a kill from it out of a stun or something…

Yes, the heal has messed me up when my head was not screwed in straight, but it’s an amazing skill as-is.

2 Likes

[Fear] is 6s and there are many anti-fear abilities, [Sap] needs the target to be outside of combat and the Rogue to either be in [Stealth] or [Shadow Dance]. [Polymorph] is strong enough as it is already.

Oh, and [Fear] lasts for 20s in PvE.

The one case people can make is ask why Druids are immune to [Polymorph] if the spell specifically states that it works on humans, beasts and critters.

1 Like

Fear is spammable. They both have DR.

1 Like

I know, but he is practically asking poly to be like hex

You all are missing on vanilla battlegrounds when mages would poly an entire team and the polymorph was permanent. Warsong Gulch had flocks of sheep running around.

It was a sad day for the shepherds when Blizzard fixed that.

1 Like

You complain about every class even your own lol. Poly heal is actually amazing I use it on spell reflect all the time for full self heal

2 Likes

Important to note that you can’t just compare an ability with another class ability and say it’s undertuned.

For example any movement a DK gets will be weak compared to a monk because dks make up for the fact that they are slow with grip and slows.

Back in the day I played a mage on a pvp server and I would use polymorph to heal low hp warriors/rogues so they wouldn’t have to eat and drink.

Someone already mentioned the spell reflect trick (easy to bait that on a warrior). However, the other day playing as mage/rogue with my buddy, I realized that when he is mind controlled I can sheep him to heal him up lol.

1 Like

They need to make polymorph permanent like it was back in Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness!

1 Like

Poly shouldn’t heal the person if that’s the case then damage should break warlock fear. Two way street

Arcane had a talent in Cata that would cause poly to stun the target for 3 sec whenever damage broke it. Think we should bring that one back.

2 Likes

Like evoker sleep or lock fear or cyclone?