Poll: What is your favorite game mode in WoW?

Not surprised that raiding participation is kinda low. Trim the mechanics bloat a little and maybe participation will increase.

2 Likes

Nope, but no one cares about LFR and the new raid is coming out… no reason to do it anymore, the gear is lower than what you can get out in FR.

Outdoor Questing/leveling.

Mainly because i can control the pace and immerse myself in the world while making my guy powerful at the same time. :slight_smile:

And RP as well.

3 Likes

Lol dragonflight raiding getting beat by classic era and almost doubled by pvp.

2 Likes

lol sure thing.

no option for Scarab Lording?

my options isnt here: collecting stuff, mounts pets toys mogs and achievs. Oh and another option: gold farming. I suppose ill go with outdoor option

1 Like

I marked classic hardcore, but I’m begrudgingly getting back into retail so that I can gear up my priest for raid next week.

By the way, loving the rares of the new zone. Killed ten rares because they supposedly drop loot and my priest walked away with an agility dagger. Real classy. Tempted to go back to classic.

2 Likes

This really shows how clueless you are when you think of questing and leveling as the same.

My favorite mode is forum trolling!

1 Like

lately i have been mostly leveling alts and doing battlegrounds while leveling alts. it was pretty fun. but i haven’t played much the past week.

I chose Classic Hardcore for the following reasons:

1. I enjoy some degree of consequence; it’s exciting!
  2. I haven’t been this engaged with the world itself since original vanilla.
  3. While grouping for dungeons, everyone seems VERY engaged; and that’s healthy.

Classic is also a simpler time. Your mind can easily comprehend what is going on at any given minute and when you die, YOU KNOW what happened and where YOU went wrong. Unlike Retail lately where who actually knows what killed you without going to the logs. I’m not bashing on Retail; I’m very happy for those who enjoy it.

But when I see the way people are reimagining Classic (even redesigning it; for free no less), I just find my happy place. No 17 currencies to farm, not being packaged up into a specific “number”, and not being stuck on some arbitrary wheel for what seems like ever… it was just a simpler designed game that still held the attentions of literal millions. Seeing people trying to take it just one more step forward (Classic+), just excites me.

2 Likes

lol this is a wow poll and its mostly pve choices. also people who only do random bgs/epic bgs are voting the same choice as someone who only does rated arena. so you have casual stuff in the pvp vote too with your logic

Yeah I’m surprised. By the results of this poll, we’re approaching a 55/45 split for DF/Classic. I thought I was in a minority for preferring classic content.

I think a properly done Classic+ would leave retail in the dust.

4 Likes

Please brig back RDF in WOTLK you are killing the game with your unnecessary decisions now it’s harder for new characters to find heroic dungeons because of H+ and there is no social interaction from 1-70 since you Nerf dungeon xp instead of doing your job and taking down bots you messed up WOTLK so hard that the current state of this game is soulless

1 Like

Yeah, buddies tried to sucker me into going to WoTLK Classic. I told’em if you are not on when I am on the leveling will be a nightmare, I was right.

1 Like

Imgur

Blizzard, I hope you realize something about these results. Mainly, Mythic+ is BY FAR the most rewarding use of time in terms of gearing (short of absolute Mythic Raid ilvl BiS, which most players are not shooting for).

When something is objectively the most effective use of time, it’s going to rank highly in popularity and participation.

While I don’t doubt Mythic+ would still be popular if it were more in line with other activities - it’s padded here because it’s just the endgame PvE thing that you absolutely 100% HAVE to do if you want to keep up with everyone else.

Have you paid attention to the gear people use during raid progression outside of the World First race recently? It sure as hell isn’t raid gear, by and large. It’s like 75% M+ gear, with maybe a trinket or now tier pieces from the Raid (and even then, you can get those from M+ too in Dragonflight, and of course later on with the Catalyst).

That’s the state PvE Gearing is in and has been in since at least BfA (I kind of ignored M+ in Legion so I’m not sure how big of an impact it actually was then).

Its poll numbers are going to be bloated as a result.

If Raiding wasn’t almost literally worthless for gearing, it wouldn’t be below “questing”. The fact that Classic Raiding is beating Retail Questing should make it clear that there’s at least some interest in Raiding in this community still, but it’s just not worthwhile in Retail.

“Raid or Die” is not a good thing. But “Dungeon or Die” isn’t any better.

Anyway, for my Poll Answer:
Imgur

I got KSM last patch and basically disappeared for almost 3 months out of lack of interest in pushing further than that in endgame PvE and not wanting to redo the same process on multiple alts.

After that, a couple months ago, I came back and made a level 10 PvE Twink. And that’s basically what I’ve been doing since. I have just as many Twink characters as level 60+ characters right now (ranging from 10 to 20), and that’s still what I’m having fun with right now. Maybe it’ll wear off and I’ll check out the current patch, but right now it’s holding my interest enough for me to not want to do that.

Personally, I get bored of endless M+ spam and tend to alternate seasons where I actually try to push into decently high keys. I did that in S1, so I fully expect to not be into it in S2 even when I eventually get back into endgame. And given how prevalent M+ is in the game, that’s kind of an issue for playing at all seriously. I do respect the rotation of dungeons to help that aspect of the feature a bit, but ultimately it’s still the same gameplay so I don’t expect it to matter much to me. That and Brackenhide + Underrot sounds like the most un-fun combination of dungeons to have in 1 rotation imaginable.

5 Likes

In fairness, Hardcore Classic is a fairly recent craze and is almost fully propping up Classic Servers atm. If that hype dies down, we’ll likely see Classic in general at a lower position on polls like this (though it’ll never be dead, there’s always been interest in Classic).

1 Like

is there even classic hardcore servers ?

Not yet. There’s been some datamining implying that it’s probably coming. Players are doing it themselves right now with addons and some amount of support from Blizz if I heard right.