Poll: What is your favorite game mode in WoW?

Do you legitimately think there’s a large number of people that would do that?

Because old zones are leveling content. Turning an expansion feature like Arathi Highlands and Darkshore warfronts into permanent PvP zones means high levels and low levels can’t go there together. Flight points are permanently broken in such phased content. When suddenly the player you are grouped with is in trouble and you can’t help them because you can’t see them, that’s an issue. This has happened earlier in other leveling content, too. In Legion your passenger may fall off the mount and parachute down into elite mobs intended for end game world quests, but you can’t rescue them because some quest you did years ago means you’re in a different phase. BfA was notorious for retroactive phasing, where if you’re eligible for a quest that you didn’t take, you can’t complete the druid Legion class hall. I have a druid who can’t go to Nordrassil because of a broken artifact questline that locks her into a scenario she has to be summoned to get out of.

1. PvP

2. Open World / Mog Collecting

3. M+ (Though I’ve stopped M+ in DF because I just don’t have enough spare time for another activity)

Should be an option to select all of the following:

• Classic Dungeons
  • Burning Crusade Dungeons
  • Classic/BC/Wrath Open World PvP
  • Classic/BC/Wrath raiding. Cata was also fun, but I think too many mechanics and overall wipe mechs were introduced and to keep up with “pro” and “esport” gaming Blizzard made the game unfun for the vast majority of players. Introducing a bunch of different modes/levels of content was dumb.

Shame Rp is only for Other.

Travel times to dungeons are greatly improved. Party formation tools are greatly improved. M+ offers a lot more room for 3rd party businesses to exploit. The main thing that lifted the insane stress headache of group formation was the removal of server locked parties. M+ is not the same game mode as wrath dungeons. One is virtually unusuable, one works relatively well.

M+ is a wholesale clone of Fractals from Guild Wars 2, it’s more interesting, it’s more diverse, it’s something for the people who enjoy progression raids to do that is like a middle ground between wrath classic style dungeons and heroic/mythic raid that offers a balance of group formation complexity and mechanics complexity that appeals to solid fifth of players. There is nuance to explain why one doesn’t work at all and one works a bit over par with the other popular activities.

They have happened a handful of times. I think the poll feature was one of the reasons this forum software was chosen.

Example that stands out in my mind: When 8.3 was released, a lot of people who had gone on break sometime during 8.2 came back, only to find that the only new content was Horrific Visions. While a lot of people now will tell you that they really liked them, they were not universally accepted. The quest chain was boring as all heck, and pointlessly bloated with travel time and mob grinding. People who only came back for the new content left until 9.0. People who had been planning on getting the cloak and leveling it on all their alts got it on some, or just their main, or only leveled it on their main, or didn’t level it on any.

Even though it was possible to cleanse corruption on the PTR for a character that didn’t have the cloak, on release this wasn’t possible without getting the cloak AND running a horrific vision. Thus casuals who weren’t interested took a giant gear nerf as their content gave lots of unusable corrupted gear.

The next week we saw a video on “how to get your legendary cloak”, as though the reason players who hadn’t got it was because they couldn’t figure out how. And a forum poll, on “vote on your cloak progress”. 80% of poll participants claimed they had gotten the cloak and had already begun to level it on all their alts. That was absolutely preposterous, given the blowback they had gotten.

Later they even removed the ability of alts without cloaks to earn the echoes they would have needed to buy the essences earned on their mains.

I’d like to see Classic+. Do some class tuning to make other classes and roles viable. Boomkins, Prot paladins, 2H Enh shammy, etc. Raid and dungeon adjustments as well? Flex raids maybe. More like a wish list here lol.

1 Like

Are you delusional?

A few of the choices listed here were pretty close for me.

Classic raiding edges ahead just a bit, if simply for being or perhaps simply feeling like a more evenly-paced experience. I’ve enjoyed (for the most part) the process of gearing and progression a little more, nevermind that it’s all through nearly fifteen year old content.

Mythic+ follows somewhat closely behind, though I’ll admit it’s fallen a bit as a result of my experiences in season 1. I pugged my way to 3k rating as an off-meta spec with no prospects of or at a team, which made pushing a bit of a rollercoaster even on good days. Keys are fun, but dooley if they don’t also have the potential to be exhausting. All that said, I’m sure I’d have far different opinions if I’d been running with a team, so… pinch of salt, I guess.

Last on my list is dragonflight raiding. It’s most certainly felt smoother, if perhaps a tad demanding at times, than when last I played. Fights are (or were) interesting, and overall, I enjoyed the dynamic of being able to build talents and even gearsets around encounters. Likewise, the removal of server locks for mythic raids wss a huge boon to building and maintaining teams. That said, it was also very quickly outpaced by mythic plus insofar as character progression went, and I really disliked the tier-set grind this go around—I needed three weeks of the creation catalyst to get my full four set, and that’s to say nothing about key drops/vault rewards being better than even mythic raid gear. Spending more time gearing out of raid than I did, from it was a little strange—and it made prog feel a bit more like grinding for achievements than upgrades, excluding maybe the final two bosses. VotI was just a bit of a mess in a lot of respects.

Season 2 as a whole is looking better from the outset, though, so maybe my opinions’ll change.

PvP supremacy and please remove that crystal bg from the rotation its horrible.

1 Like

Everybody knows that every PvErs wet dreams is to boast to PvPers and tell everyone that is not a gamer how they own everyone, even though they know that this is impossible.

1 Like

Not really. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated: Keys are at the top, as expected, and pvp has always been popular just because you can queue for it at any level and don’t need a group, no ilev requirements, etc.

6 Likes

Notice how Raids have so many little votes compared to PVP & M+

It’s not a loot problem. In M+/PVP there is always action

In raids, you spend 50% of the time walking back, waiting, drinking, etc.

This is why FF14 raids are better

1 Like

now i know why i don’t remember that: i was one of those people. took a full year off during BFA, came back to discover that the amount of grinding it would take to level my cloak enough to be useful (i.e. actually use any good corruptions) was ridiculous and just kind of gave up until SL launched.

1 Like

Classic ERA! Classic made wow hard in every aspect. It made raiding, questing and dungeons worth it and fun. gear items were smaller but more valuable upgrades. Having to use all sorts of crafting material to craft end game items is also a fun aspect. Seeing other expansions where entire swaths of the game go unused is just sad. Classic Eras gear and abilitys to me just has more worth. It would be realy cool to see Classic Era expanded on keeping the Gear, talents and abilitys the same in a sense. introduce more gear and raids/dungeons/quests keep the same principles as the rest of classic has if Classic + would ever be an Idea. IF not ill be playing classic era and probably leave retail alone. Retail is just easy mode where you raid as a chore. Dragonflight was a good step to bring more to the game instead of the same old raiding and pvp grinds but the game is to easy IE leveling/questing etc.

Everybody that voted for Greater Rifts should be playing D3.

2 Likes

of course, this won’t convince the haters. they’ll continue to insist it’s just like, twenty of us voting for m+ on the 50 alts that each of us have that we run keys on weekly to pump the numbers up artificially

everybody that wants player housing should be playing The Sims.

1 Like

World/outdoor content. Because the game is not called M+ go go go dungeons of Azeroth.

You probably would have had to be a forum regular at that time or you would have missed it. I think they took it down soon afterwards.

1 Like