Poll over here

First time through an expansion I read nearly all text only skipping side quest text that doesn’t grab my attention.

1-Yes but it is inconsequential.
2- Yes but we choose what we want to do anyway.
3-yes but only if we are customer service and we get paid to.

Subscribers would like to know if they are just throwing their money down a rathole.

My work has me trained to think that the broken second link is like supposed to be some kind of spearphishing education deal or something :dracthyr_uwahh_animated:

1 Like

I sometimes read quest text, but it depends on the quest. If it is a daily, it is usually not thoroughly engaged in the lore - and I will see it again tomorrow.

Sometimes the text helps in completing the quest, sometimes it’s more about the story/worldbuilding. Most dailies are about how to complete it, I would think, but clearly I haven’t done ‘em all to make a blanket statement.

I would prefer quest text that requires input from me, more like a dialogue between my character and the quest giver. So, you may get a few sentences of dialogue from the NOC stating their plight, and then you acknowledge it or tell them “I’m full of plight now, so, I can’t help.” Then if you give them an affirmative, they then explain the quest/what they need, you acknowledge, and, well, I think it’s self-evident how the rest would go.

That feedback ain’t nothing but a peanut! YEAH BUDDYYYYY!

my answer from the main thread

I also answered in the main thread. Thanks Kaivax for drawing it to our attention. :dracthyr_uwu:

Nope, haven’t read quest text since like 2006-2007 - I always skip skip skip thru it

Only time I read quest text is if I’m lost/confused and need some clues on the objective (…sometimes found in the quest text), but other than that I completely ignore quest text

But, more like to happen, I’ll just open up a new/fresh tab and lookup the quest in question on wowhead (if I’m confused/stuck) and scroll down to the “Comments” section to find out exactly what I need to do to complete the quest

Back in our day we had to thottbot everything. It was the grand daddy of wowhead.

1 Like

It’s a role playing game , of course I do.

I always read quest text on the first few play throughs.

I really hope this poll isn’t some attempt to gage the community reaction to removing quests. Especially bc a majority of the community doesn’t even come to the forums.

They also posed the question on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/1695108532482318720?s=20

Why would they do that? Remove quests I mean

Basic questing is still the bread n’ butter of every lowbie and leveler, also a staple for alts (questing is faster for DPS classes than dungeon-spamming)

I literally go where the arrow tells me to go and start killing things indiscriminately until I see a 1/X progress notification.

2 Likes

Always. And if I’m in a dungeon for the first time, I WILL read it even if the group kicks me out for lagging behind; however, I don’t do dungeons for that very reason. Can’t enjoy the dungeons when it’s go go go and I will never do a dungeon more than once. Don’t care about gear, I care about the dungeon experience - which I will never have in a group due to the go go go. No I’m going to create my own group as dungeons are not that important to me.

1 Like

Poll needs “Yes”, “Mostly”, “Rarely”, “No” options

Addenda: I’d like to point out for those “We should poll the users” advocates, that after 4 hours, this poll has had 434 votes. Out of the zillions of WoW players.

Just a data point.

I’m more scared they’ll start adding pseudo-secret “follow some cryptic hints in a wall of text” quests where you basically have to look up a walkthrough to decipher what it’s actually asking.

1 Like

Kinda squirmed a little. Are they feeling around on if they can get away without writing quest text? Yes, I read the quest my first time through an expansion.

i did thru dragonflight on my first toon i took thru it and shadowlands the first toon i took thru it. other than that no.

I do kind of miss how on elder scrolls online it’s all voice acting for quests.

I only read the main storyline quests. The rest I can’t bother, sorry.