Poll: Choosing a Covenant

Bastion kyrian wings please.

I don’t have ‘‘a character’’ unfortunately … no main … but Kyrian is where I’d envision of my character going.

Ardenweald if a druid. Or even Monk.

Its just made up BS by Elitists to make the run faster . Does Augment runes make the run faster? Yes , Do you need it ? No

If you get declined from a group for not having a single ability . That is one player deciding you will not join their group . Soon others will follow and will form a community . You will then feel the pressure of being left out not able to progress. This is not Blizzard issue this social contention and this also causes a lot of ppl to rage and be vulgar

I do understand why you guys make that decision. However the truth was never about being optimal here , its about being accepted.

1 Like

I guess Kyrians getting nerfed

1 Like

Did you guys learn nothing from BFA launch until now?

Did you enjoy getting your best Azerite trait, having fun using it at any level or content, just to have it become worthless because new tier/season came out and now you have to re-acquire a trait you already had before? No?

How do you think you’ll feel when you join a covenant and its great but you want to try other content and you’ll have to re-acquire new abilities to suit you better with a grind and lose your other abilities you already had?

23 Likes

Yeah so you pick one ability and use it in fights where it applies and other fights it doesnt.

Some classes have abilities that totally make fights way easier for them. Should we just give every class every utility buff in the game so everyone is equal?

1 Like

Of course.

I laid it out best here:

13 Likes

Or maybe, just potentially, Blizzard wants to see how many people are unhappy with the system and are using this poll for multiple purposes.

Considering that the covenant spells are the biggest point of contention for the expansion after timed Torments (which were fixed) and were actually a point of debate at the VERY FIRST alpha interviews, they know people don’t like it.

Discussion about the abilities is healthy and constructive, and threads like this are definitely monitored by devs. They know people feel pressured: people need to get as angry about it as they did about Torments, while staying reasonable of course. Like you just did. But they aren’t ignoring players or being tone deaf just because they aren’t making threads that say “Do you like covenant abilities being exclusive?”

Edit: Also, I have seen many, many people on other sites insisting that every player is going to feel pressured to play Venthyr over the teleport. This poll should provide interesting data regarding that.

2 Likes

Idk what covenant I want yet because there is a huge wall of research I have to do in order to figure that out and they really haven’t really been too exciting yet witch leads me to having a lack of motivation in covenants. LUL

pukes.

2 Likes

I’m Team Venthyr.

It’s pretty clear you’re trying to convince us that the only right way to play the game is being happy about the warm and fuzzy feeling you get from the aesthetic of the covenant you joined and sharing that feeling with others of your ilk.

Actually, most people spend most of their time playing the game, not pretending to play the game. If my spec is trash and there’s no covenant that can temporarily fix this with some bandaid I have to grind out, I’m not going to hang out being happy about having no game to play.

14 Likes

Wise you are.

Teach me you must.

2 Likes

Sounds like a personal problem.

3 Likes

Or worse spend tons of time investing in something and blizz comes along and says “sorry guys we got the math wrong we’re gonna have to nerf it by 50%”.

19 Likes

I’m still tempted to roll randomly for each character and rationalize it after the fact, just to avoid falling into cliches. But Night Fae does call strongly to this character.

Also are these covenant abilities permanent like Talents/spellbook abilities or will they be going away come the expansion after next like Azerite traits? Cause I ain’t getting too attached to the abilities performance wise if we’re not keeping them for the long haul.

2 Likes

Everything that has to do with covenants will be gone with the prepatch of the next expansion.

1 Like

Necrolord was an insta-pick for me.

1 Like

I choose Kyrian because I although I don’t know exactly which character will end up where until I explore each Covenant and get a real feel for their theme, purpose and goals, I know at least one will end up there because it has the most posibilities.

It’s hilarious to me that after all the years of players saying “Fun detected. Fun nerfed.” in regards to Blizzard that now it’s a vocal minority of the players trying to nerf fun.

1 Like