Poll: Choosing a Covenant

Or do you mean currently? The current iteration locks aesthetics and questlines with gameplay. There are two solutions to this.

1. Make covenants easy to change so that people have freedom of choice in gameplay. The problem with this is that it is counter productive to wanting covenant choice to matter. Or
  2. Make covenant abilities talents, since that’s really all they are, and have their appearances/animations change based on your covenant of choice. This one makes more sense to me, because imo covenant choice matters without it restricting you to using certain abilities.
2 Likes

“Based on this information and the choices your character has made in life” More like Based on the numbers and utility value of the different abbilites, which will you chose. Please blizz reconsider this, I wana be an edgy Necolord. If I end up having to be a Fairy boy because #s say so im gona cry.

3 Likes

There are some of us RP people that don’t have that sense of entitlement.

We don’t need to have everyone else forced into playing the game the way we want in order for us to enjoy the game.

Switching that talent will be very meaningful based on what content/role you’re doing.

There is still consequence either way - but in the former case the consequence is tied to the content you’re currently running rather than the whole expansion.

The big thing people are noting is that anyone can still play with the long term consequence if they choose to. There’s no need to make everyone adhere to that mentality when the RP players still have that option available to them.

3 Likes

Ill wait for the DK disc to sim whats best

Im not a theory crafter and im bad at determining whats good and bad

Please don’t lump us in with him. It sounds lile most the RPers here in this thread are on the other side of the arguement.

Believe me, I don’t want to have to pick between my rp immersion and my gameplay.

2 Likes

Really dont care will level up as fast as I can get the gear i can get then got back auto pilot and back to ESO, wasn’t to excited about anything shadowlands related.

Because of your idiotic choice to tie player power to covenant choice I don’t get to make a choice. I get to be the covenant I actually dislike the most because gate and cheat death are too dang good. So thanks for that. This one choice is going to screw up what was looking to be an amazing expac.

8 Likes

Can’t wait to be the only player on my server in the Kyrian Convenant and having the whole area to myself!

2 Likes

Legends

Sorry you get conflated