Poll: Choosing a Covenant

BLIZZARD! please makes polls for what to put into the game and see if the players want it in ! Opps sorry I ment the $$$$

I’m a returning player as of a few months ago. And taking the game casually. I’m sorry my opinion harmed you like that. I can assure you most Normal people regardless of the level of content they choose to do also want to perform well at the level of content they’re doing. So whether I get back into raiding or not I’ll still want to perform well.

But nobody is stopping you from choosing whatever you like and taking the performance hit for doing so.

Make covenants a new talent tier.

3 Likes

My Z-Troll Druid main is going Necro.

Survival of the fittest.

Not surprised the blueberries are at the bottom. Just like in the real world, being overtly “good” is the dimmest flame there is.

No need to call the dude a sheep. People who push high end content are going to pick the covenant that makes their character the strongest. If you don’t do content that requires that then that’s fine. Sorry people aren’t having fun your way.

and make that talent tier a second page with 4 options per row to match the for covenants. if there are too many options, thats fine. make it like the Warmode pvp talents. and we can fill in the blanks under the selected covenant load out. then swapping a covenant combat game play wise. doesn’t have to be cannon wise should work fine without locking people out who need different covenants for different specs.

Yup unlocking a new paragon talent level with four options is Blizzard’s best way out of this mess while satisfying most people.

1 Like

So, they repeated the poll over on Alpha feedback as some of you insisted was the only thing relevant and important-- and only 38 people responded. (yes, I realize it’s a smaller pool of players to begin with, BUT-)

I’m really feeling like something is wrong with Blizzard’s Alpha process and player pool, right now.

If nothing else, these testers should be greeted with mandatory polls on the launcher when they go to play alpha so Blizzard AT LEAST gets feedback on things they WANT feedback on.

That said, I am HAPPY that those of us who are WATCHING all those streams and reading the articles by third parties GOT this poll and got to give OUR feedback, because so much is being received BADLY by so much of the playerbase in live that isn’t getting caught WELL ahead of time.

Covenants need to change and ALPHA needs to change.

1 Like

YOU.
STILL.
PICK.
IT.

(body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence? wtf is that?)

What? How is that at all related to claiming there’s no “agency” in picking the covenant?

Nah. Not if you want to be taken seriously at all.

i thinki can jump farther than the teleport so i guess ill do whatever i want

I’m probably going to go Kyrian for lore reasons.

Maybe I’ll let you know when I play the game whenever that comes out.

1 Like

Because we get the ability to make choices removed. We essentially just lock ourselves into a bad situation in most scenarios.

3 Likes

Precisely - if we could swap covenants freely, we’d be able to make all kinds of meaningful choices to not only help our groups, but also to make the game more fun.

But with the restrictions - all of that player agency doesn’t exist. No choices.

2 Likes

Picking a covenant is like being asked to pick which jail cell you most enjoy the decoration of.

It’s still jail and no amount of pretty wallpaper is going to change that.

(Like talent tree specs being mandatory and STILL FEELING TERRIBLE ALL THESE YEARS LATER.)

2 Likes

And all they need to do to fix it is make the abilities a separate more fluid system UNRELATED TO the covenants themselves- because PLOT choice is still FUN and the wallpaper IS pretty.

It’s two systems that somehow ended up rolled together into one horrible maldraxxus-esque amalgamation.

4 Likes

This would just be a disaster and WHEN THEY CAN BE FLUID about it WE SHOULDN’T BE LOCKED IN.

INEVITABLE nerfs are just one of many reasons every gameplay-related aspect of the current covenant system just belongs in the trash.

1 Like

The thing I keep pushing for (and will keep pushing for) is this. Why do we need to ‘give up’ or lose anything we worked for? Time investment is important in MMOs and should be respected. Instead, we should be able to move to another covenant after we conclude the story on one, and help them in turn.

Does it really matter if a player is able to experience all four Covenant stories on a single character and unlock the transmogs? Why is Blizzard so hell bent on taking away things players already legitimately earned?

Valestia sums up the nerf/buff problem well enough. Imagine if there is a penalty for swapping Covenants and then the Designer goes. “Yeah… I’m redesigning mid expansion this ability. All of you who went X? Too bad.”

Don’t say that Blizzard won’t break from tradition and keep their hands off of our characters and their abilities this expansion. We all know they will. Lets face it. Blizzard changes abilities, seemingly on a whim to gin up character boost sales etc.

But the bigger problem here is that very few players will ever feel any nerf is “is fair and well deserved”. Rather they’ll say what one Blizzard employee said about Diablo 1’s Dev. “Oh yeah. ---- that guy.” Then they will look at all the work they did and ask “Is it worth it to run that hamster wheel again”? Most likely won’t.

Blizzard can very easily only allow a player to access a single covenant ability at any time, and they could gate how much they can change that power in a vein similar to what the Zandalari racial entails.

Covenant Transmogs should follow the rules of Transmog.
Once unlocked, all characters may use. The End.

If Blizzard is really worried about players consuming content, make it so after you do two Covenants there is a serious grind to prove yourself to the other two. While it should be possible to prove yourself to all four Covenants, maybe the grind rivals “The Insane” or Timbermaw Hold, Classic?

Either way, Covenants should not be something a player can be penalized for leaving / returning to. When BC came out, penalties made Aldor / Scryer rep a problem. It wasn’t a “I just destroyed this character’s forward enjoyability this expansion” levels of screw up, but it was enough to merit benching some characters if you got it wrong.

This was showcased heavily with the Shattered Sun pendants. Scryers rocked. Aldor did not.

That is why I say that the only solution to this quandary and the one players should demand is this. If you finish the story (say Kyrians etc.) for one, you should be allowed to go to another and prove yourself to them also. We are playing as the Heroes of Azeroth. We’re trying to restore balance. Logically we want all of the Covenants playing nicely together again.

Any story that Blizzard has developed counter to the above? Scrap it and redo it. Won’t be the first time lore had to be altered. Gameplay > Lore is your watch word, remember?

Either way “losing” transmogs when/if you swap Covenants is pure bull----.