Poll: Choosing a Covenant

To me that’s like being a football coach and having to decide between two good players. It’s a good thing.

And the answer to your question is because having all abilities to all covenants would defeat it’s purpose of giving a special covenant flavor to players of same class.

Would you rather have no new powers at all? Or no covenants altogether? Just go through Shadowlands in a linear way with no choices?
Not me.

1 Like

This poll closed way too soon. I missed my vote :frowning:

But Venthyr and Night Fae are definitely my top 2.

1 Like

Not surprised Venthyr won, vampire people are always popular. Followed by close second with night fae having the most beautiful zone in SL. Necrolords should havebeen 4th, its the ugliest zone by far.

Dont feel bad I missed the poll too. This is the second time they posted a poll that I missed. I think the time should have been extended. Oh well.

Covenants would still have their own special flavor if they could be freely swapped.

And I don’t mind the covenant system, provided that they can be freely swapped. OTherwise- keep these kinds of systems away from gameplay/power aspects of the game and only let them impact the story/lore.

RPers have already commented about how they gain nothing from the restrictions this system has in place and how it even makes them dislike the system because of how punishing it is to other players.

Once you get each of the versions geared, it won’t be sub-optimal. And the “sub-optimal” status would be offset a bit by having the better covenant while I’m in the process of gearing them.

With multiple versions - there will come a time when no sub-optimal situation exists.

But with the covenant restrictions and one version of a class - sub-optimal situations will pretty much always exist if you play across PvE and PvP and across different specs/roles.

Not at all - but that’s the situation we’re being pushed into with how the covenant system is playing out.

Frankly, I don’t think this poll should be in the WoW General Forum. In the ALPHA/BETA forum? ABSOLUTELY!!!

But how much of a new expansion is exposed, discussed, and/or revealed here is a bit of a slippery slope. I think the burning of Teldrassil should have been a major “MOMENT” in WoW to be EXPERIENCED AS IT HAPPENED… and yet every dimwit and their brother talked about it to death here on these boards BEFORE IT WAS RELEASED!

And the only thing worse about that: it’s technically AGAINST THE TOS!!!

So now, not only are we pushing against the door again… but it’s from a BLUE???

Sorry, this doesn’t belong here.

No, it wouldn’t. Blizzard could give covenant-specific aesthetics to spells (along with having the transmog armor they already plan on doing) and still keep the “covenant flavor” for people while keeping player power seperate. Everyone wins.

And that’s just one idea off the top of my head, I’m sure there are many more solutions to make a covenant have flavor while keeping player power separate. Blizzard is a big company with a lot of talent working for it. In a game where transmog is pretty darn popular one would think that they would have learned that lesson already.

4 Likes

Also for the record, that’s not a great analogy for what I was referring to. It would be more like a football coach having to decide between two players, one is a great player but is ugly, and the other isn’t a good player but looks like a Greek god. I know which one I’m going to pick if I’m a smart coach who wants to win games.

It doesn’t have to be an either/or like you’re making it out to be. Both sides can have what they want. Why the pushback on a compromise that benefits both sides?

3 Likes

That’s fair. My argument was more about paying them when you dislike what they’re doing. Would be hypocritical in that case.

I guess we’ll find out of you’re still around when sl hits.

Because players like myself want everyone to have to make choices like that, and we spam the blizzard devs, via here, reddit and Twitter louder than anyone else.

You don’t get to play how you want because you don’t put a fraction of the energy we do into providing constant feedback to the devs.

Basically you don’t want any consequences for your choices. That would make them meaningless.

Blizzard wants people to weigh down what’s important to them and choose. They don’t care how they choose, what criteria are they using.
Like when you picked your class, was it because it was op? Was it’s aesthetics? The lore about it? It’s abilities? It’s the same here.

If all classes could do the same thing with different class-specific aesthetics, this game would be garbage (actually, that’s one of the problems with the game right now, it’s homogenization).

Those are not the only options.

Great. You made your choice considering what you think is most important.

I bet many people will choose the pretty player in Shadowlands and be happy about it.

So you don’t want us to have nice things because you don’t think you have nice things? Or you don’t think we deserve it?

A really gross mentality to have Imo. You are the kid that kicks down another kids sandcastle because your mum tells you it’s time to leave the beach.

Having the power separated from the mogs or the ability to swap them or the ability to earn secondary ones to toggle or whatever doesn’t take away from the people that just want the coolest mog.

1 Like

Choosing a covenant is not about the coolest mog, it’s about a bunch of things that you have to weigh down what’s most important for you. It can be about the mog if that’s what you care about the most.

Yeah, you don’t get to tell me what I do or do not want. That is not what I want. I want player power to not be tied to aesthetics. I don’t want to be OP, I don’t want there to be no consequences for my choices. Heck, I many not even pick the best covenant for player power, I’m going to pick what I like. I simply don’t want my game play power to be tied to aesthetics, especially when it comes to a transmog that I really love for my priest main.

Anyone can comment on Twitter, the forums, and Reddit. I’m not sure what you’re getting at here. I’m making myself heard on those platforms just fine.

I don’t believe that you are a dev, are you? Unless you are, then you don’t get to dictate what choosing a covenant is about. You can voice what you’d LIKE them to be about personally, and I encourage everyone to do so. Both sides are voicing their opinions on what they would like covenants to represent. Nothing is set in stone until launch, and even then time has proven that Blizzard will change things if people make themselves heard.

2 Likes

I will gladly join Kyrian Covenant in Bastion