Politics in trade chat

When will blizzard step up and do something about the near infinite amount of political talk in trade chat on most servers, its getting down right ridiculous. i dont play this game to listen to cspan all day long. i was under the impression that talking politics was a bannable offense but i guess its not being enforced any longer.

1 Like

Have you reported it? Because Blizzard isn’t going to sit and watch the chat channels all day long.

8 Likes

multiple reports over multiple days

i dont see how hard it is to add in a filter to auto mute certain phrase, similar to what microsoft did to their chat features

1 Like

Because using alt chars, misspellings or using different words ain’t going to be used in their place.

7 Likes

I’ll be honest, as long as the general rules about no foul language or personal attacks, or chat on a rp server stays with in the rules for rp, I don’t believe it is forbidden. However it would be something you could report in game for, and GM staff will investigate and decide if the rules are indeed broken. However, trade does not mean it is only for trade, again as long as the other rules are followed…

There already is filters for some words and foul language, as well as spam blocks in some channels, but how far do you think that will go before no one can talk. You can’t block all language in game to be honest.

Blizzard does not proactively monitor chat, and if no one reports it, assume the chat is with in tolerance of the server’s particular population. Again though, rules violations definitely should be reported by right click in game.

7 Likes

Report it - and /ignore the player, in that order.

9 Likes

i mean i would consider calling people a racist or personally attacking them because of their views a breach. i just dont ever see any results from the reports.

1 Like

Nor are you likely to - unless you notice them disappearing from chat. If enough people on your realm object, they’ll find themselves without the ability to talk.

9 Likes

In most cases you won’t see the effects of your report, as it is a private matter between Blizzard and the account holder being investigated. That does not mean that violations are not investigated, they certainly are. Rule breakers can find themselves with out chat abilities for sometime also.

6 Likes

i do understand that as way back in the past ive recieved said mute, it just gets really old logging in daily and seeing trade chat full of hate speech and political rabble.

1 Like

thank you for the prompt responses though, i will continue doing as i have.

1 Like

Unfortunately, that is liable to be something we have to deal with for a while longer, Big. Don’t blame you.

2 Likes

Where there be people, there be politics. Gotta learn to live with it

3 Likes

No we don’t. Unless it’s a discussion about Azeroth politics, Real World politics has no place in this game. I report it when I see it as it is rarely civil.

8 Likes

Groovy. Doesn’t mean it’s gonna stop though. I say you’re wasting your time, but that’s just me

Not really, we get complaints here all the time from players silenced in game for discussing politics.

6 Likes

I’m curious as to what definition it is reported as. Spam tends to mean someone posting the exact same message over and over in a very short time. How is an ongoing discussion spam, by that definition? Don’t get me wrong, I’d find that sort of stuff annoying as well but I’ve seen other blue posts saying that talking about non-Trade subjects in Trade isn’t against the rules. So I find it a bit confusing.

I usually report it as language, as the discussion is never civil and a lot of innapropiate language is used.

6 Likes

You necroed a thread three and a half years old, to talk trash and whine?

9 Likes

Blizzards sandbox their rules! Want to talk politics do so on a site that allows it!

Many people who play do not want to hear or read about politics! From any side!

Even at work places would object to talking about politics, religion and one other subject i wont say.

4 Likes