Politics in Game

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/bad-boy

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/badboy_ccleaner

Plug a handful of key phrases into these and Trade will become much more tolerable.

Or /leave Trade. That works great as well.

1 Like

not at all, i dont stand around in main city afk im usually doing something when i play

This is very helpful. Thank you!

Ugh, I hate waiting, I want my crying compilation from either side.

Need to make sure every vote counts. I’m ok with it.

3 Likes

What happens in trade and general isn’t political commentary, it’s two sides raging at each other without actually discussing anything; it’s typically just trolls using politics as the fuel to start fires because lul. It’s like the comments section manifested into an environmental boss mechanic.

Easy 100 parse to just turn it off. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yea, fair enough. I’m just an impatient little gremlin that wants the chaos to start and finish up.

Oh I know, that’s what will make it so entertaining whenever the results come in.

I suspect we won’t actually have to wait that long. The moment either of them pulls slightly ahead in any state, twitter’s gonna become an absolute crapshoot.

1 Like

You are uh…mistaken, if you think the chaos is going to settle right after the election. Either way it goes, it’s going to be a poopstorm!

6 Likes

or people could actually act there age and quit trying to troll politics and thinking they are a good troll imagine. the only reason they ain’t on real political sites they get laughed off in less than a minute.

2 Likes

Best thing to do is shut down general and trade for a few months. You won’t achieve anything, and the only winning move when dealing with ideologically driven zealots is not to play or give them any serious consideration.

We may see a measure of normalcy return in March of next year. I hope. I pray. Unless it turns out that 2021 is a worse year. …Which frankly, I have a hard time visualizing; but reality will probably just say “Challenge Accepted” at the rate we’re going.

If we get to that point, I’d say signal V-Ger and pray the Vulcans show up to save us.

1 Like

just send them to eat some garbage and go do something else…
worse than politics for me, its the equality moralists that should stop bothering wow.
Take your Lbgt, female privileges, racial color and take it away in real life far away from me, in a hell hole idk…the worse for me, the better

It isn’t even just due to election. Even out of election season politics is coming up more. It’s more that politics has wormed itself into every other facet of life that it just invariably comes up. Been how things have been since like 2014 when everything began to get hyper politicized.

Yes, this is unironically the “I just wanted to grill” meme, but really that’s pretty much what it is. People don’t care for politics, meanwhile some people it’s like their whole internet existence is to bicker about politics.

People need to vent. Luckily, I have other avenues for venting my political grievances.

1 Like

There are no “Real” political sites. If you want political discussion, ironically the best place to find it is /pol/ board on 4chan even if it’s a bunch of degenerates LARPing or trying to say the most imflammatory remark they can muster.

Every location that involves political discussion, and moderation of any visible degree is always a bad mix because you get stuff like /r/politics on Reddit. Which is basically both sides will just ban away people with opposing viewpoints rather than have discussion. Or you say one thing slightly out of line and they’ll dig through your entire reddit account just looking for something they can throw in your face.

Go to the comment section of any news site that still has comments, if you speak out against the political slant of that company’s audience, expect to be attacked or banned for “trolling” which now in politics is “stated a different opinion to my own.” Go on Fox News and talk about how great Sanders is. Go on CNN/MSN/Reddit and talk about how great Trump is, you’ll be harassed by the users and swiftly banned.

For the sake of being fair, it is a trend on both sides. I imagine if you posted on thedonald.win with a negative view of Trump you’d probably get dogpiled too, or banned. Though objectively speaking one side engages in this a lot more.

Lately? It’s been bad for years now :confused:

Politics are big news right now, the bulk of the NA playerbase lives in america, and there is potentially the most important election of a generation just weeks away.
Even for those of us who don’t live in america, we do still get affected by American foreign and economic policy (working in the film industry in canada I saw the effects of american isolationist economic policies on my industry first hand)

I understand why it sucks if you don’t care about it, but with how major a topic it is right now, you can’t expect people to NOT be talking about it. just give it a month or two and trade chat will be right back to normal with all the windfury and carry run spam you could hope for.

Till then, just turn trade chat off if it upsets you that much, I promise you, you aint missing out on much else right now.

1 Like

People looking for the next meal, looking for job, or where they will live in 2021 aren’t talking or interested in politics.

Keeping it real!

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

If you want real political news, do what I do. Listen to C-Span on an ear-bud, or just watch the day to day otherwise dull government in action., Forewarning… It’s like watching concrete dry, but it’ll be more accurate than most news outlets.

As a bonus, you’ll hear things in their full wording (which again, as a warning is usually more than a edgy sound-byte but rather a full blow 20 minute speech that vaguely resembles a Sumerian droning ritual).

Then once you have the original text of the statement you can think for yourself, rather than being told what to think by other hominids with a desire to manipulate you, or incite you to anger and irrational thoughts against your fellow man.

If we pass no other laws this century, let it be one that makes it actionable libel to snip / rearrange words in audio feeds or text statements, in such a way that it fundamentally changes what the meaning or spirit of what is said.

I mean if we are truly an educated people, and if we really intend to hold individuals in this bold new age to account by their words on places like Twitter or other social venues, then it seems to me that when we allow someone to black out a paragraph or snip an entire speech down to 15 seconds, instead of requiring they play the full statement…

I dunno folks, seems like the editor in such a case is saying in no uncertain terms this. :stuck_out_tongue:

https://youtu.be/KpKJXhmC-cM?t=3

It will all be over after the November 3 election.

Right now, there are only two possible futures; if Biden wins re-election, everyone will be talking about how wonderful it is, how we’ve got a return to good manners and decency, while in reality civil liberties are eroded.

If Trump wins, what’s going to happen is that there are going to be mass protests on the streets, people smashing cars and trashing people’s property, and then people blaming Trump for it, I think Trump is a bit of a loose canon and there’s no question his manners and social skills are somewhat…lacking. But I’d choose personal freedom over sacrificing liberty for security, but that’s just me.