Politics in Game

I don’t know about you, but I come to Azeroth in large part to leave the chaos of the real world behind. Lately, this is becoming harder to do because fanatic adherents are infecting the game with real-world politics. This is, in a word, uncool.

I expect this problem will get a lot worse over the next few weeks, and I don’t expect Blizzard to do anything about it. I mention it here because it is definitely having a marked impact on my ability to enjoy the game.

Anyone else noticing an uptick of political trolls lately?

15 Likes

do what i did and move to the torny grounds and quest for a few weeks

1 Like

I just leave general chat. Or trade. Nothing ever worthwhile there is said anyways.

5 Likes

I’m not sure why you expected anything else. This happens every election and the upcoming one is rather more contentious than most.

4 Likes

It’s part of life that politics will be in chat… if you can’t have self control to ignore the comments, leave the chat or /ignore them. You’re not being forced to stay in chat.

The problem is that it isn’t limited to chat. It’s everywhere.

1 Like

This is only going to get worse come November ;(

2 Likes

Trade chat and politics are natural enemies.

Like trade chat and Chuck Norris jokes.
And trade chat and thunderfury spam.
And trade chat and anal jokes.
And trade chat and trying to sell things.

Damn trade chat, they ruined trade chat!

But in seriousness, just leave chat. If you don’t want to inconvenience yourself by rejoining trade later, you can just make a new chat window that has everything but trade (and maybe general or world defense, depending on how spicy they are).

2 Likes

Honestly, if I could mute a handful of words or phrases, that would solve this and a myriad of other problems. :thinking:

1 Like

Try the addon Bad Boy

1 Like

No matter who gets elected on Nov 3rd, it’s only going to get worse for awhile, buckle up.

6 Likes

I think you’re right about that. :neutral_face:

Well, you know, there is an election coming up in a few weeks, and politics is a big deal in the U.S right now.

Kinda on people’s minds at the moment.

This!
Just leave the chat.
K.I.S.S.

It’s going to be very contentious for a bit, especially if it’s a close election or has to go to the courts for some reason.

1 Like

Nope because I leave trade & general chat on every toon I have. I never see any thing political when I’m playing WoW. Only time I see it is on these forums so I usually just mute the threads & move on.

2 Likes

Pretty much this. I’ll sometimes log on to an alt where I haven’t turned trade and general off yet and then go to Stormwind and BAM lol I don’t know how people play with either of those channels viewable.

1 Like

if you are already annoyed by politics god I hope you aren’t on the forums or are playing wow when the results come in on the 3rd. It will be hysterical.

More like the 6th.

Many states are extending the mail in ballot to 3 days after the election to allow for slower mail, as long as it’s postmarked by election day.

I think badboy can do that.

Though that’s just secondhand experience, since that stuff never really bothers me.

1 Like