Policy Update for Input Broadcasting Software

You mean I can go out and farm my own mats instead of feeding into the degenerate cycle of whales buying gold to fund multiboxers F2P legions who then turn around and sell them back their own gold?

This is such great news! Thank you for finally taking a stance and one that helps better the health of the game.

1 Like

Oh thatā€™s good. Like real good. Blizz thank you so very much!

Woah there buddy. Botting is cheating. Because Blizzard defined botting (the action of a computer program playing a character instead of a person) as cheating. If you need more information about why multiboxing isnā€™t cheating click my name, search my comments and look at what I replied to the guy right before you.

Multiboxing means a person is responsible for requesting each action. Botting means a human only starts the program and a computer does the rest. Botting is known as cheating and to equate the two is logically wrong for making an argument and distasteful.

2 Likes

Thank you. All you need now is to remove ā€œFollowā€ and remove battle net to allow only one client at a time.
/woot

1 Like

I got one without cata engineering, what?

Did they change something recently?!

Holy hell I actually have some shred of hope for the future of the game now

https://media.tenor.com/images/13c4532503b1a8099cc8f41e2475097c/tenor.gif

2 Likes

Letā€™s not get crazy, now.

2 Likes

Are you going to actually do things about it or is this a PR stunt like making advertisements for boosts/sales in the premade finder against the TOS?

Thank you. I also respect your perspective on the game, and I can see how other people playing the game differently may change your experience for the worst; breaking immersion or changing how the content works. If Iā€™ve ever done that to you, I really do regret it.

I just canā€™t go back after nine years of running three accounts, and thatā€™s okay. Thereā€™s a big game library out there on competing platforms.

Enjoy Shadowlands!

2 Likes

Thank you! So glad I will never see a pile of druids farming herbs again!

Hey, why donā€™t you go farm some herbs in Nazjatar?

Oh, waitā€¦ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Until and unless they specify a ban on muti-boxing in general there doesnā€™t seem to be an issue with mechanical, or really any, method that doesnā€™t use keycloing software. Obviously multiple PCs with multiple keyboards wonā€™t be using keycloning software, or even appear to be running multiple clients. The only way to stop that would be to limit the accounts a person can have logged in simultaneously. Really Iā€™m not sure how theyā€™d even stop/detect someone that does the same thing using mutiple VMs.

If they are just modelling behavior (having multiple clients that appear to be synchronized) then there would be the potential for a lot of false positives.

Iā€™m guessing that they are looking to cut back on the ā€œeasyā€ casual, large scale muti-boxers, but that is just a guess.

5 Likes

I run 38 characters on this account. At least half of them are Herbalists/Miners. And I RP in both Discord and in channels on the game.
Iā€™m someone who, back when you had to fish up a certain number of fish/in a certain number of pools for the guild Fish Feast, I did three different guilds.

People who want their stuff to be cheap, are going to go farm it themselves, or pay other people (like people used to do in Cata contracting out to buy fish and herbs) to farm it for them. The only thing that is going to change, is now you arenā€™t going to get insta-gibbed in WM trying to farm, or pay tens/hundreds of thousands of gold for recipes, in order to make 100g on a flask that the mats cost you 400g to make.

3 Likes

Weā€™ll probably still have to manually report them.

On the plus side, itā€™s A LOT easier to confirm than a bot.

2 Likes

Well as he looks in that pic, Iā€™ll gladly call him King because godamnā€¦

And suddenly when Blizzard realises they cost themselves a large sum of money each month as the 40 man multiboxers stop paying for their other accounts, or the thousands of 5+ man multiboxers also stop paying for their other accounts.

Just chalk this up as ā€œHow to lose money 101ā€ because multiboxing has nothing to do with botting and thereā€™s literal flying and teleport hacking bots on classic going unbanned for months, but yeah this will totally stop that.

2 Likes

Ha ha ha

You think you matter that much.

2 Likes

Anyone else hear that? Itā€™s the sound of multiboxers getting sniped

https://youtu.be/5ajn2kK0ftA

3 Likes

100% to control the econ more. Ideally to bring the econ back in line, but also (bet underlying thought) to get more people to buy wow tokens.