Policy Update for Input Broadcasting Software

/sigh

One more time for the people whose lips move when they read:

Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our Terms of Use.

2 Likes

Honestly the timing seems more like it’s to prevent possible community outrage about how all the top end players multibox 4x class: one for each covenant. Not so much because it actually affects much, but because perception would inevitably be that the central feature of the expansion is fundamentally made for multiboxers. With leveling being relatively quick and the headache of trying to conform to the new rules for multiboxing, most top end players that want multiple copies of a class probably just speed level them, so there is no “MULTIBOXING REQUIRED!” nonsense floating around.

Still allowing multiboxing seems like an attempt to keep some of the multiboxing community. It would have been much easier to just say multiboxing is banned. Easier to detect on basic setups, and still easy for players to report people using VMs to avoid automatic detection.

What about software that lets you use multiple mice, as in gives extra pointers. So I have 3 mice plugged in and 3 pointers, one for each screen. Would this be outlawed?

If each mouse is giving one input, there is no broadcasting going on.

If the software lets a click on a “master” mouse also click the other two mice, then you’re broadcasting.
If you attach a physical stick across the click of all three mice, you’re not software broadcasting.
etc etc

2 Likes

i’m going to give them a few more days before i cancel 4 accounts, and ask for refunds of BFA and Shadowlands, and 6 month subs on them all…and character services. I’ve been loyal to blizzard since Day 1 of vanilla and have been playing 16 years.
Very likely Blizzard has now opened themselves to lawsuits for this blatantly discriminatory behavior. This is a shameful attempt to avoid dealing with the real cheaters and botters in the game. They do not condemn multiboxing, which they definitely should not. Solo multiboxing dungeons/raids in wow is a niche yet fun part of this game, when raiding and regular m+ with strangers gets boring or when the m+ community is too toxic to invite based on RIO. Watch Multidayz on youtube and see for yourself. He may not have a lot of viewers but it shows how challenging and fun multiboxing can be with a lot of practice AND the proper software (ISBoxer). Multiboxing is not as nefarious and activity as that which the people in this forum portray. If i decide i want to pay for and play 4 characters at the same time, there is nothing wrong with that. I dont grief or abuse people in pvp or interfere with questing or do any raw gold farming. Occasionally when bored of some aspects of the game, actually enjoy leisurely farming herbs and ore. However, they are condemning input broadcasting software including ISBoxer. This decision by blizzard to ban input broadcasting software essentially discriminates against those with disabilities. Those paralyzed from neck injuries or with other disabilities (crippling arthritis) might require input broadcasting software to play, and this will make it impossible for some of these people to enjoy the leisure of this game moving forward as a direct result of this Blizzard/Activision policy change. Someone with Twitter or a much broader audience should voice these concerns to get the message out. No matter how good a change Asmongold claims it is. Funny how his anger of pay to win shames multiboxers, yet how has he gotten most of his items/transmogs…given to him for free from his viewers. I actually enjoyed Asmongold until he made a video on this topic and he seemed misinformed.
Lessons to be learned:

1. Make informed decisions and know the consequences of policy changes such as this that discriminate against those with disabilities.
  2. Make informed decisions or you might elect a president in severe cognitive decline, simply because the media didnt think you had the right to know the truth about the decline or about the mountain of evidence from the New York post that was censored by almost all media including a 2 week ban from twitter right before the election.
3 Likes

I’m all for dispelling myths coming from the “multibox = cheating = bots” side, but I’m also going to be equally against nonsense coming from the side of legitimate multiboxers.

They banned input broadcasting software, not input mapping software. Things like GSE which are designed to help those with disabilities by allowing them to play with fewer unique inputs (e.g. key 1 might have a key map that rotates from frostbolt to ice lance so the player can use both skills by pressing a single key multiple times—a very big deal for people who may have mobility issues in their hands or may be missing digits) and should not be affected by this change in policy as it is currently worded.

Edit: I think GSE actually uses clever macro rotation/mapping, but the point/effect is the same.

You’re not going to get a refund on BfA. Shadowlands, probably (unless you prepurchased a version that came with boosts or in-game goodies that you’ve already used or redeemed).

Depending on how recently you purchased the gametime, maybe, but only if you haven’t actually used any of that game time. You definitely won’t be getting any character services refunded.

Irrelevant. That doesn’t bestow any special privileges upon you.

LMAO

Oh, you’re serious. Awkward. Who exactly do you assert they are discriminating against?

2 Likes

Never seen a thread blow up like this before.

people are sus about this and others are eating their victory over botting cake. everyone is motivated to add their 2cents.

I am obligated to say that the cake is a lie.
botting is still a thing multiboxing is still a thing.
Chromie time added 13 addition phases of any bot farm. The profit bots make now is uncontrollable. this reactionary change on blizzards part isn’t going to change much as long as chromie time is a thing

1 Like

But who would have thought there are that many multiboxers out there.

1 Like

multiboxing isn’t an issue at all outside of pvp.

anoying though it might be to try and do something that a multiboxer is hogging but a multiboxer goes to bed a botter doesnt

1 Like

I really honestly do not understand why you keep bringing up Chromie time. I leveled a dual gather on the realm my classic guild wanted to play on and I decided to level classic herbing and mining and was getting an absolutely ridiculous 35g per sungrass. There was no oversupply and market crash. This was on Skullcrusher - a high pop realm.
Also - regarding PVP - I agree that it really shouldn’t permitted in war mode or battlegrounds.

You mean that majority which you don’t really see because they aren’t interfering with your gameplay at all and instead just enjoying a different type of experience? :thinking:

5 Likes

the issue is more so raw gold and less so crafting materials

https://www.wowhead.com/item=132199/congealed-felblood

anyone earning 500K an hour for a month straight is going to ruin the game

1 Like

I think your point about raw gold is a legitimate one, but I’d say that with the new SL approach to reduced gear quantity in end game, it would be a pretty decent time to undo the shared tag looting madness.
Make quest items a shared drop and the rest of a mob drops 1x it’s normal loot distributed randomly between all players with a tag.

This doesn’t interfere with the already fixed loot of legacy raids, world bosses, etc. It really just kills off grouped raw gold and PARTY farming of open-world legacy transmog (solo farming, as I suspect is 99.9% of cases as you don’t really need 2+ people to 1 shot mobs, would be unaffected )

Sounds to me like the solution is to reduce the vendorsell value of items that many people don’t even bother to loot anyway. Bonus - it also makes it more cost effective to list armor on the AH rather than simply vendor it because the level is too high and won’t sell before you spend more on listing fees than the item is worth. Also - it would make items worth destroying again instead of selling them to a vendor being the appropriate way to make the most out of them.

i was talking about those with disabilities that multibox, but it also applies to non multiboxers.

Also, obligatory “nice”

but now you can never post again or it will be ruined!

Multiboxing is tantamount to cheating, plain and simple. The “fun” in multiboxing is to turn the game into easy-mode, to level more characters faster than regular players, to out farm, over-power them, to turn the game into a single player game basically. Everything good for multiboxers is bad for the game and should banned - to accomplish this with software vs hardware is not relevant; it is cheating either way.

3 Likes

Except no. They aren’t discriminating against disabled multiboxers. Disabilities don’t factor into the equation at all. You’re just being sensational and reactionary because you feel like Blizzard did you dirty.

You’re taking the policy change personally. That’s just a you problem.