Policy Update for Input Broadcasting Software

Of all the things that are sad, the total lack of reading comprehension in this thread is prob the worst.

According to Bliz’s own words:

Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our Terms of Use.

this is stated in the following post: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/24258

the main problem with the rest of this post and the other blue posts on this … is that it is incredibly vague (which is pretty much par for the course for multiboxing … and always has been).

From what I am reading … things like isBoxer is toast. However, I am also reading into this that use of AutoHotkey is still a grey line. People use Autohotkey to rebind keys (which is allowed by ToS) … they also use Autohotkey to keyclone (which is now against ToS).

My interpretation of this change in policy is that:

• If you have 2+ of the same toon … and press 1 button to make them both fire the same attack … its against the ToS.
  • If you have 2+ of diff types of toons … and have simply setup a multi-layered keyboard so that modifiers (alt or shift) send diff keys to diff windows to say … tank and heal at the same time … this is within the rules.

I personally fall into the second category. I wrote my own code that allows me to control multiple characters at the same time w/ out key cloning. I fully intend to continue playing as I have, and if/when I get a PM from a GM I will happily discuss the finer points of their vague ruling with them.

3 Likes

I’m in favor of banning boxers… and briefs.

It’s commando or nothin’ for me, baby!

5 Likes

Christmas came early. Looooootttta salt bout to hit these forums.

4 Likes

The amount of herbs required to craft a single crafted thing can now be reduced to a reasonable amount. The Devs can now balance this, they could not before because of multiboxing.

edit: In addition: if what you say is true (that reasonable herb prices are dependent on the existence of multiboxers) then this is prima facie evidence that multiboxers were adversely affecting the game. The game’s economy and consumable supply should NEVER be dependent on multiboxers. If this is true, then this is reason enough to ban multiboxing and correct the balance by adjusting the materials required for a consumable or increasing the drop rates of materials (or both) so that normal players can participate the crafting and the economy.

2 Likes

time for you to set up a guide for the people that need hardware now.

There is still WAY too much grey area in their statement for me. Will I get banned for using AutoHotKey for broadcasting keystrokes only?

I’ve linked my script in this post:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/waves-im-that-multiboxing-hunter/272593

Can’t say I care much about the opinions of players on this; I’d need clarification from the folks that are actually in charge of the game (not players, despite what some of them think!). :smiley:

I do that to Rp NPC while roleplaying, hope that is not ilegal

A lot of you are missing the point of this. Your reactions to this are “I do this to be efficient, I’m not hurting anyone!” …but you are!

When people are trying to quest & they can’t kill 10 of X mobs because a botter is 1-shotting everything in the area, that’s not cool at all. Your ‘efficiency’ is at the expense of all the other players in the game.

If you want to do this sort of thing without software & literally babysit multiple accounts at once, then it should be an inconvenience to you, since you’re creating inconvenience for everyone else in the game.

3 Likes

BUH BYE MULTIBOXERS AND BUH BYE WHITE KNIGHTERS CAUSE “iTs NoT iN tHe ToS”

3 Likes

But the ore and herbs you do gather will be worth much more. It all evens out if you actually play the game.

I can think of a number of players I’d like to see in boxers or briefs. I’m sorry though - none of them are undead.

Not judging.

<3

I wouldn’t get too excited. Unless they ban multiboxing completely, there will always be a way around it. It saddens me because I enjoy it. Ohwell.

Thank you, it’s about time this happened. There are multiple reasons to be against multiboxing and people have complained against it for years. I’ve only seen it get worse in Retail over the years and it was even worse in Classic WoW.

Thank you Blizzard for listening.

Fabulous news!

1 Like

Wow. So much animosity from the users. As a multiboxer, I’ve always gone out of my way to not impede other’s play. I also am not a gold farmer. If I am farming for mats, it’s for my own, or guildmates, use. I enjoy multiboxing primarily because it can be often difficult to get groups for some of the multiplayer content. Further, when a group is FINALLY mustered, the player personalities can make for disappointing experiences. In the end, I’m sad to see the community has become such a judgmental group of petulant children. Truly a reflection on how our society has changed since the game’s first release 16 years ago.

6 Likes

About time!

1 Like

Yeah but they won’t.

we’ve seen an increasingly negative impact to the game as this software is used to support botting and automated gameplay.

So, its not specifically multiboxing or multiboxing software that you have an issue with? You only have an issue with it because it’s often used to support botting and automated gameplay?

… So basically you’re only doing this because you don’t know how else to reduce botting?

2 Likes

I rarely if ever buy mats or consumables, I have an alt army (that I play separately) and farm my own stuff.

2 Likes

In Legion I had 8 Demon Hunters and had mining on all. What I did was have 7 follow me and when I reached the node I would click mine on each client and not straight away as I knew I had to wait for each to mine. I didn’t multibox legion to farm. I did it for the roleplay, the ability to feel like I was in a group yet I have social difficulties.

Ask yourself how can a player solo roleplay?