Plunderstorm isn’t Warcraft

The biggest issue I have with Plunderstorm is that they advertised it as World of Warcraft content. But it has no connection to WoW beyond a cosmetic reward, same as Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm have had. It isn’t a game mode, it’s a separate game uses WoW art assets. The biggest issue I have was that they called it Warcraft patch (implying new “World of Warcraft” content) when it doesn’t actually offer any.

83 Likes

This is why they cant do anything new with this game lol

25 Likes

They didn’t do anything new with the game. There is zero connection to the game other than cosmetic rewards same as Hearthstone and HotS. Heck, they should at LEAST have let you use one of your existing character skins be a template for your brand new Plunder character. There is zero connection to any version of WoW it’s a separate game completely not WoW content.

47 Likes

Their hands really seem tied, huh.

Come on. :dracthyr_crylaugh:

2 Likes

You can design a character this way

It is the new WoW 2!

They can’t everyone is in template gear so the engine can handle more players.

• Hearthstone has a narrative link to WoW.

• Heroes of The Storm has narrative links to all Blizz games.

• Plunderstorm has a narrative link to WoW.

It is all literally right there, you just have to read the story. No one can do that for you. I mean, the whole thing come with a slew of patch notes for everything else in Dragon Flight, so I don’t see how it isn’t a Warcraft patch.

You can’t pretend that these physically real things don’t exist.

4 Likes

No I mean see my transmog. Also why is it in its own separate clients? Because it’s a standalone game. I’m not saying it’s good or bad. I’m just saying it’s not a World of Warcraft patch.

9 Likes

Zaralek, time rift, dreamsurge, ED, HS event. This like the big non endgame stuff they have released since i started playing. So many ppl whine that it is just the same wow they have played for forever. They release a unique event, with a surprising amount of care and effort put into it: “gib me real wow1!”

I actually feel bad for the people who made plunderstorm. It is well made.

9 Likes

When they release a Hearthstone expansion do you call it a Warcraft patch? No? Then Plunderstorm should not have been called a World of Warcraft patch either.

13 Likes

Lmao no. No it does not. That is just absurd to say, friend. There are no narratives tying this event to the over arching story of WoW. Its just a bunch of pirate references. Thats it.

16 Likes

Just unsub the game and stop pointless complaints. Complain about everything isn’t even cool anymore

I’m definitely not a big fan of the PVP aspect of the game. I wish there was a PVE version of Plunderstorm. I really despise PVP content aside from WoW stuff. Would really wish that the Devs would take into consideration both types of players. Both PVP & PVE.

8 Likes

I was hoping for new fish to catch in game.

3 Likes

https://imgur.com/a/Pt2JwDc

Care and effort, indeed.

3 Likes

I was hoping for some new content in game, like perhaps we get invaded by pirates or something. Not a… Battle royale game.

12 Likes

If they want to make a BR game hey cool good for them. But calling it a “World of Warcraft “ patch was the mistake. Bill it as its own game. That’s what it is.

16 Likes

If it’s a standalone game how come we access it through the WoW retail client?

4 Likes

Would be a good idea if it was marketed as its own game.

5 Likes