Plunderstorm is a dream come true!

I don’t know who to thank or what to say but I haven’t had this much fun in PVP since I was a kid.

I hope something like this stays and isn’t just a limited experience.

I love how we are grinding renown. I would like it if there was a version where PVP rating was tied in. Could we do this every month but by visiting a different area of wow?

Why can’t we have power ups and weather effects like this in arenas?

Having fun!

9 Likes

I haven’t got to play it yet, but I do think it will become a permanent addition at some point. I’m not so sure how well ranked would work in it, not everything needs to have a ranked mode imo, but if people wanted that then let them have it. Also don’t agree with power ups and weather effects in arena. That’s just a competitive game mode where RNG shouldn’t exist. It should just be people outplaying each other, not letting a video game lottery tilt the battle to someone’s favor.

Tornadoes on Nagrand were removed for a reason, Ring of Valor having the fire tracks was removed for a reason. I don’t think having random things like this accidentally helping people out or hurting a team is healthy game play.

4 Likes

Good feedback.

I’d like to have some points tied to it to climb a ladder to earn the retail seasonal PVP awards, in terms of the rated transmog and mounts. (That way I wouldn’t have to arena in retail).

Somehow I feel like this combat creates a new form of skill-based combat. That might offend some people but the new relationship to the old z axis physics, as well as a multiple of various spell kits to choose from create something very cool and modern feeling. Timing a jump to dodge an ability, then spinning 180 degrees to counter while choosing the right offensive. It’s like WoW is finally a new game.

In dragon flight I’ve felt that pushing arenas has been more about button mashing than gaming skill cap. If I need to do damage I almost always have a button, if I need a defensive most classes have some button to press. The retail pvp combat has this homogenized feeling. I do think in terms of PVE all classes having a similar type of defensive is important but I think in PVP it has ruined some aspect of the game. The game feels bloated in retail, overly complicated to learn. To the point where there is just too much to remember from class to class.

Whereas Plunderstorm is unique, and fun. It is really showing how great PVP can be if we trim it down and focus on PVP combat interaction that provides something interesting.

I’m not sure how much RNG there is in plunderstorm tbh. The biggest gains can be found by gaining the movement speed abilities early on, as that turns into faster lvling because you can reach more mobs quicker. Besides that all the offensive spells are both unique and pretty balanced in terms of power. I’ve won battles with almost any of them as long as I’m leveraging z-axis interaction. I love how I have to think about what spells someone has. Watch them first. Then adapt with my toolkit. Much more fun than just button mashing to 2100 in retail arenas.

4 Likes

They will never add ranked to a battle royal but i wouldnt be surprised if they added skill based matchmaking(Reason I quit playing call of duty)

ROFL, what a joke.

9 Likes

Shouldn’t earn arena rewards without arena

3 Likes

You actually already don’t have to do than

but there is ranked warzone / battle royale now in CoD.

I think a stats leaderboard would be really cool though. Like wins, losses, kills, deaths, plunder acquired, NPCs killed. I’m sure that’s possible somehow.

2 Likes

We shall see. :dracthyr_love_animated:

…What about plunderstorm with our actual characters?

There’s some balancing issues but maybe for an event once in a while. You’d need to figure healers and tanks. Maybe going out there in. 1 tank 1 healer 2 dps random crew with tougher pve and necessary buffs/skill loot.

Thinking about it makes me more intrigued than just the super simple pirate recruit but you could have some fun 3+ team drop ins with some tweaks. Just a personal preference. Current mode does what it needs to, casms aside. ;>

didnt they have those neat warfront things in BFA that could have been recycled

I’m having fun. I stayed up until 2am playing with a friend, even though I had work 5 hours later lol. It’s just good light hearted fun and it’s a nice break from shuffs, which can often be stressful.

2 Likes

Most fun casual PvP I’ve had in wow in a very long time. Add in squads (3s or 4s), maybe a larger max # of players, new maps, new themes and this would be my go to spammable casual pvp!

Wanna bet on it

There’s a forum section for Plunderstorm please stop spamming arena…

Yeah sbmm really did ruin cod for me too. Sounds like they probably have their own version of it already if they’re adjusting it’s mmr.

Great that you enjoy it, but keep it out of everything else and let it be the additional game mode as it is.

Not everybody is enjoying it!

I must say for someone that enjoyed Ashran back in WoD - Plunderstorm is a great mode. I def. think this mode is here to stay if it doesn’t get tailored more into the PvE direction due too ppl complaining not getting to the rewards (they would leave anyway once they got to 40).

I think long term, they should think about Plunderstorm specific rewards (cosmetics just for this mode) and move the modern / classic reward to an early stage. The biggest harm is currently for the mode from those who try to move it more into PvE direction.

1 Like

It is fun indeed especially for casual players.

1 Like