Plunderstorm gets a Dragonriding Mount but S4 Raiders don't?

I did want to share that on the art side, we are planning that most if not all of the mounts that currently fly should be able to have dynamic flying by launch. That’s our intent.

3 Likes

Most will be able to dynamic fly soon anyways.

After looking at the mount in the dressing room I am sad though. They ruined the iconic cloud serpent flying animations and it looks like it’s just flopping around and stiff. I wish the ‘advflyforwardglide’ animation was just the normal cloud serpent flying animations.

I just got the tidestallion mount it’s kinda creepy with the front arms, legs or whatever you want to call them. I don’t think I’ll be using it.

The mount you linked looks like a rabid luckdragon. I think whoever’s designing mounts needs to rethink their work.

1 Like

Just goes to show what game the developers are playing more lately when the fortnite wanna be mode has a dragon riding mount but the raiders don’t get such a thing. Hope this isn’t an omen for War Within’s quality

3 Likes

how do you think m+ enjoyers feel lol

4 Likes

Except they (raiders) are indeed getting a dragonriding mount. It’s not the most awesome thing in the world, but the fact remains that it has dragonriding functionality.

and ksm is the same recolor of the ugly armoredon, the rewards are a joke and disrespectful to the playerbase

5 Likes

It certainly does feel like a random choice. I agree, it is a nice colour. But it’s a nice colour of one of a mount from the previous expansion that we already have several version of. There’s really no other way to see it than leftovers. A recolour of something from dragonflight would have been better.

How about a recolour of the DF collector edition mount? It’s a beautiful mount. They could do it with autumn colours or something. It would be a nice way for people who didn’t get the CE to have a version of it.

2 Likes

Season 4 raiders get a mount but just a random world drop don’t?

They really didnt even try with this mount at all, its actually so ugly and i never liked the original vergion of this mount anyways.

s4 skip looking likely. retail feels like its on deaths bed anyways.

Plunderstorm is more important than raiding. One represents the future. The other is a relic of a bygone era that is getting its lunch eaten by M+, and you didnt stand up for raiding because you wanted gear.

Now look at it. 4 raid modes. All of then are addon dependent. None of them are interesting or engaging. Raiding is as cool as Aquanet hair and acid wash jeans. Your parents like raiding. Raiding is Facebook.

Get with the times, my friend. Its over.

The mythic+ KSM mount has been a ground mount (not even flying) all expansion.

I’m still pissed that raid and pvp (and now Pluderstorm) got dragonriding appearances/mounts, but M+ got crap ground mounts all expansion long.

I mean when you think about it a little it makes sense, though i would have preferred something else.

The tree we just busted our humps to get born into azeroth is connected to both the emerald dream and ardenweald. Having ardenweald creatures come to this plane in the aftermath isn’t a huge stretch

Every mount will have dynamic flying so more dragonflying mounts is redundant when every flying mount will be capable if it.

I like the coloration of the Awakened raid mount reward more than it’s original Shadowlands Night Fae Covenant versions, and when pre-patch hits I bet it will be able to dynamically fly. I don’t get all the “this mount doesn’t Dragonride” hate for flying mounts when in a few months they more than likely will.

1 Like

I like the colors, and I love foxes, but the wilderlings always looked odd to me. I think it’s because the body is serpentine, but it’s covered in fur. Anyways, the biggest problem I have with that model, models that use the same rig, and any other mounts that are like this, they have no on the ground walking animation. I prefer mounts that make it easy to see if I’m close to walking of the edge of whatever I’m standing on. A non-issue in places with static flying, which was not the Dragon Isles until this season, and most instances do not allow flying full stop.

I’ll sometimes use the cloud serpents because I enjoy them despite the model never touching the ground, and the wonderous whisker wavefish(?) because the aquatic mount speed, ground mount speed, and flying mount speed in one mount is handy. Kind of went on a tangent there, but ah well. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Plunderstorm is awful. Repeat same zone, same abilities, same toxic people until renown 40.

This isn’t an event, this is more esport type junk.

2 Likes

No, that’s just the smackerel.

1 Like

I find it lame we didn’t get the caterpillar community mount for S4 like SL gave us goo cat.