Plez add super simian sphere to to the Defilers Scourgestone Vender

How is that catch-up gear? It’s materials for a legendary questline and crafting reagents for ICC25 equiv items. That were available the first day of icecrown. Not catch-up.

Thats Blizzard catch-up gear for Wrath of the Lich King Classic. Even if you don’t feel like it is, how in the world is SSS a catch-up gear. Its not even gear.

Obviously?

This topic is getting very cringe. Fairly tired of entertaining the clueless.

Bold claim, cite your source.

Do you need a cite that Defilers Scourgestone is a catch-up gear currency? Are you drunk or so? I would be worried, its early in the morning

I need a cite that Primordial Saronite via Defiled Scourgestone is a catch-up mechanic, considering it was available before the raid was.

If you’re going to make dumb claims, back them up.

To allow Shadowmourne to be enjoyed by many players, several adjustments and improvements have been made:

• Primordial Saronite can be purchased from both the Emblem of Frost vendor as well with a new currency gained in Titan Rune Dungeon: Gamma Protocol dungeons.

Source: Wrath of the Lich King Classic Patch Notes - Version 3.4.3
At this point you’re trolling, honestly.

The point I’m trying to make is that any item that someone’s farming and gets annoyed that it’s not dropping will ask Blizzard if X item can be added to a vendor because RNG isn’t being kind to them. It doesn’t matter if the item is a BoE, can be sold on the AH, farmed through a raid or dungeon what matters if the person can get the item they want with the least amount of effort.

They’ve put in hours of time and they have nothing to show for it so now they’re annoyed, asking Blizzard to add it to a vendor like asking someone taller than you to get something off of the top shelf because you can’t reach it even though there’s a step ladder nearby.

I farmed for roughly 20 hours total trying to get the Azure Whelpling, I know what you might say, “it’s not as rare as SSS” okay but I put in the time and the effort, got it and felt great when it finally dropped. With what you’re suggesting there’s no effort, doing dungeons is very easy and would cheapen getting something that’s supposed to be a rare item. Where’s the fun in that? I honestly don’t understand, I want the item too but I’d much rather farm it naturally than to get through a vendor and seeing everyone in Dalaran using it because it’s accessible now would make it feel less… epic.

1 Like

Its even worse - they want it for 500 stones, or 1000. That is so easy to farm lol

I don’t see the term catch-up at all on that quote.

They have never used catch-up as a word in any of their blue posts, not even in OG, however,

As many players means new players too, which makes it indeed a catch-up item. You as a new player are not just clearing ICC day 1.

1 Like

It’s still doing the content that gives it. It’s just adding a bad luck protection system.

Adding it isn’t a bad luck protection system because there’s no such thing as bad luck when it comes to world epics simply because the chances of one dropping is that low.

Getting heads 6 times in a row when wanting tails is bad luck
Getting less than 5 on a 10 sided dice when you need a 6 or higher 10 times is bad luck
Needing to kill a mob 50 times for a 10% chance of the item is bad luck.

What you’re asking for is bad luck protection on an item that has a ~1 in 50,000 chance of dropping a 0.002% drop chance. The chances are so low that you’re lucky when it drops and it’d be normal that it didn’t.

1 Like

Exactly why an item that goes in a collection log should have such protection against bad luck.

Again, this is not Ashes of Alar. That has a fairly high rate drop % from 1 mob.

If you kill Kael 10000 times you’ll see it 2-3 times. If you run TK 6 times a week, it would take 1666 weeks.

If you farm a SSS, you may never see it.

Now my kael math might be bad, because that’s 34 years. But I’ve been up for over 40 hours.

10,000 times and you’ll see it 2-3 times… You do know that doing TK 10,000 times is 192 years…

Doing TK 6 times a week and you’ll see in 32 years so at least you’d get it in your lifetime…

Then go to sleep, I am, you should too.

1 Like

Atleast it’s from one mob.

Also remember, Ashes is a higher drop than SSS

Every raid mount drop has higher drop than SSS (or any world drop). They have about 0.1%.
The difference is that you can only do them ONCE a week. You can farm open world mobs or dungeons as much as you want, or more like limited to hourly lockout limit

I got it from non-elites near the Argent Tournament. Lvl 80 cultists or something.

Elites just have a higher chance to drop it, I believe. It seems to drop far more commonly in raids, anyway.

I got mine in phase 1 in heroic DTK, swag

Raided all of wotlk, every week, every phase, on 4 chars. Have yet to see one.
I farm every day, killing probably 5000+ mobs.

I’ve seen 3/4.

1 Like