Please stop with all of the LGBTQ/BLM posts

I…listen as much as I understand how you’re trying to appeal to both sides here, sister you’ve gotta realize that that’s not a game you can play.

We’ve gotta punch and scratch for what little rep we get - and I think we DO need more rep in here! I want to make sure there’s no place anyone can “escape” from us, because we’re not something to escape from.

Getting more rep normalizes us. Donating to charities is even better, and if they could snag some more characters in here, and also drop from fundraisers, that’d bee awesome.

But never, ever advocate for silence. Never advocate to just be paved over “like everything else”.
We fought to come out of the closet - the last thing you wanna do is walk happily back in.

I just…listen I’m trans too, and being told to just keep quiet just rubs me the wrong way - because being “normal” means just not being trans. We’re not at the point where we’re just an accepted, normal part of society yet - and the fact that we DON’T have more rep kinda shows that.

You see more and more women in media, in higher and higher roles, because they pushed for it. Fought for representation and continue to fight for representation - and the same goes for all groups.
And…I know we’re supposed to work with everyone else to make this work, to play by the rules or whatever, but that’s just not working anymore. I don’t want people to get used to this comfortably. I didn’t get that luxury, and I don’t see why the people who took that from me deserve the treatment.

10 Likes