Please scale Naxx so its hard

Most raids are already hard. Something like only 50% of guilds are actively clearing BWL and 35% are clearing AQ40. So any changes will make the % go down for the casual audience, and make the hardcore scene have to spend maybe a minute or so more on each boss.

Vanilla? Where? This sure as heck isn’t the overall Vanilla experience.

This is Classic.

Vanilla was never hard, players were simply bad back then. Classic has proved this over and over. If you want higher difficulty, go do heroic and mythic raids on retail. I want to do Naxx as it was, not as reimagined by some private servers.

3 Likes

me, too? do u ever just get tired of saying no changes lmfao

If you want Naxx to be hard Go back to full prot tanks.

Who said anything about it being hard. If you go back in my post history, I was the one saying Naxx was never hard and it wasn’t this mythically challenging raid- even in Vanilla. The road to Naxx however was very difficult. This post is about retaining some sort of Vanilla feel to this game.

And this has nothing to do with private servers.

And new flash for you. Naxx isn’t as what Vanilla was. You know everything has been re-architected and missing data filled in to match that of Retail right?

And spare me the players being bad back then. You think we had the luxury of foresight or a time machine? “Oh hey wow, let’s go back in time so we can stack fury warriors instead of our original composition”. A progressive game vs a gated one is vastly different. Guilds made due with the hand they were dealt. Servers were smaller. The internet was still relatively young. And no, Youtube wasn’t really a bit thing yet. Server firsts were a thing. You think we all held hands and sang kumbaya letter each other know when we were getting buffs, let alone share strats? So show some respect to the players then who gave you all the information you know NOW.

4 Likes

Or have everyone replace their raid gear with dungeon blues. Bam! Instant hard mode.

Yeah, they should have done this for all the raids, but the no changers really ruined the game for us. They were the worst thing to happen to classic and really held it back from rising to it’s full potential.

For naxx, really all they should do is increase boss HP, remove world buffs when zoning in, and make sure that boss damage is meaningful. It’s a complete joke that all the raid content in classic so far is less difficult than looking for raid in retail. Naxx will probably be the first raid to reach LFR difficult in classic, but that’s still pretty pathetic for it being the final raid in the game.

It’s particularly noticeable if you play a healer, where the best strategy is just to dump mana, and forego efficiency. Fights are really short, and this eliminates a skill element from playing a healer.

1 Like

The game itself is the only element that can be re-created. We can’t forget what we already know. The average player is in their 30s with up to 15 years experience playing WOW. The min max culture also didn’t exist to the extent it does now. All the information available now certainly helps, but players have still improved over the years. I know I have.

2 Likes

The hardest part about classic is finding a tank, mostly because tanking sucks.
And no classic tanking isn’t hard, not having the class resource to use your abilities consistently =/= hard.

There’s plenty of things that aren’t just players improving. Servers are gigantic, 10x bigger than actual vanilla servers and world buffs are insanely plentiful.

The knowledge of how to stack world buffs is probably the biggest single factor in how easy classic raids feel. Raid dps is absolutely stupidly high so healers don’t have to care about mana and just stack +healing.

1 Like

Nah dude, 50x bigger.

Source: :clown_face:

4 Likes

For DPS? Not really no. We have so much free regen for the Casters that you can essentially go forever. Melee obviously have no time limit on their abilities so from a DPS perspective, it just isn’t going to alter much.

For Healers? Perhaps. But we’re already rather boringly downranking on any fight that isn’t stressing our throughput, and only Patchwerk and Sapphiron will be very healing intensive. Bigger health would definitely make groups have to sit back and stack more FrR for the big bone dragon, but I’m not really sure it would help too much with Patchwerk.

Just in the population of people raiding it’s probably more than 10x.

You can go to wiki’s and see old vanilla servers and how many guilds have cleared what.

On my server we have 115 guilds that’ve killed C’thun.

On my vanilla server Emerald Dream there were 19 guilds raiding 40-man period.

Yeah, I’m seeing a bunch of servers with about 50 guilds listed as raiding guilds. I don’t know how accurate these pages are either, considering the fact my old guild “Why Tempt Fate” from Maelstrom isn’t even listed on any progression page from TBC or WoTLK. We were server or Alliance first for almost everything from TBC to Ulduar.

Here’s Kel’thuzad:

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Server:Kel%27Thuzad_US/Guild_Progression

48 raiding guilds listed there. I don’t know where you and others pull this 10x number from but it’s obviously not even close. Far more people are raiding now than in Vanilla; the server sizes right now are probably a lot closer than you think.

Kel’Thuzad was one of the biggest vanilla servers.

There’s 203 guilds on my server that have killed Ragnaros.

The server sizes themselves are less relevant to how many world buffs are available than the number of people raiding. There’s also a huge pug scene that didn’t really exist the same way in 2006.

That’s the thing. the average Classic player is in their 30s, making them … pimply faced teens when Vanilla came out. Of course they weren’t going to be very good - despite it being a casual game. The core audience back then, well … it was us. Some people did know how to play. The age demographic for Vanilla was also far more varied.

Fast forward 15 years and being out of WoW as a whole, quitting early TBC and having come back for a few months for one of the xpacs, I would have never have guessed that people would be coordinating everything via discord, dropping world buff schedules, etc. But ouch.

1 Like

Yeah I dunno. I guess my point being that if the health pools were inflated enough, maybe something something could. But, just a thought. I mean, we all know Naxx is going to get steam rolled by the more serious guilds. But, at least make it somewhat more than an after thought for your average guild. Give the boss a chance to do some mechanics here and there.

1 Like

Well they already nerfed Naxx indirectly by buffing hunter dps.

1 Like

I don’t know how much bigger but they’re definitely bigger:

Pre-launch - “A Medium realm today already has more characters on it than even the most crowded realms did back in 2006.”