Please scale Naxx so its hard

They won’t be able to skip the Visciduses of Naxxramas.

To be honest I don’t even know what my argument is here I just like to autocorrect. Screw world buffs I guess.

3 Likes

Yeah Lotheb is gonna suck for a lot of guilds because having 3 shadow pots simply isn’t optional at all per raider. Hopefully people are ready to have a toon free to farm SM resets for cheap shadow pots mats cause super pop servers are going to make them super expensive.

Yeah but we got the nerf’d version of cthun after like 2 waves of nerfs and better talents when we got to him this time. However, if you can kill twin emps you can clear alot of the easier bosses in naxx no problem.

I think a lot of guild will do noth pre-teleport. Spider wing should be largely trivial for most. Lotheb/Saff/KT/4Horsemen will be the killers I think. Some of the construct wing will take people a bit of time to get used to.

1 Like

C’thun was pretty nerfed compared to most of Naxx’s life as well by 1.11 and 1.12.

The thing that makes Naxx feel harder than it actually is, is how big the instance really is and how many bosses there are. It really limits the time that guilds have to spend on certain bosses per week without adding additional raid days or abandoning previous raids altogether.

2 Likes

Loatheb will likely be fine for most guilds. He has a lot of hp, but DPS get to go balls to the wall with 50% crit/60% spell crit and 0 threat. He should fall fast enough where only 1 shadow pot will be needed, but we’ll see.

I think Patchwerk is going to be a challenge for Healers specifically, especially those who don’t have the regen necessary to spam their heals for up to 7 mins. Thaddius is going to suck - the biggest challenge is getting all 40 people to make that jump. Wipe protection on him is difficult, and the run back is long. I think people are underestimating him.

I agree with the other bosses, especially KT. Kel’Thuzad is mechanically heavy for vanilla and most of the mechanics are “1 person wipes the raid” style and with all the tunnel vision DPS do to their meters, it’s going to happen. Wiping on him is punishing; Phase 1 takes 5:10, so every wipe is going to be at minimum 6+ minutes into the encounter. Still, he’s one of the top 5 boss encounters to this day imo.

4 Likes

just give it 3 tiers of difficulty. should be ok.

“wahh make this 15 year old game artificially hard to please my ego plzzzzz”

No.

4 Likes

If you want to make naxx harder you can do so by not looking up any strategies or guides and ensure no one in your guild does either. Also turn off DBM!

4 Likes

This.

Even on the p-servers where they jacked with the Armor/Resistances/Health of bosses to make them more “appropriately tuned” you had folks smashing through him rather rapidly. Regardless, the materials needed for Greater Shadow Protection is fairly modest: 4 Fadeleaf, 4 Gravemoss, and 1 Dreamfoil. All of these can be farmed leisurely from instances.

While I agree generally, throwing the maximum number of warm bodies at the boss as Hateful soakers mitigates this rather nicely. With three Hateful Soakers you have 3.6 sec between hits, giving you more than enough time to wait to cast until your soaker actually takes a hit. If they happen to Dodge/Parry/Miss, then you continue waiting and regen. If more soakers are possible, the fight becomes trivial since DPS is well beyond what we need to kill him in time.

This is the single worst thing about Naxx. Any wipes to any of the deeper placed bosses will be a rather massive pain in the butt, with Thaddius being particularly lame because of the frogger crap and the sewer tunnel before Gluth.

2 Likes

Well, yes and no. Time in Vanilla was everything. What increased time does is makes content less accessible. It also could affect what BiS is also. It may change how people think. God forbid a boss dies after being able to do some of its mechanics. But you are correct in that Naxx will fall regardless. It’ll just make your average guild struggle a bit more.

I mean, at least give Naxx keep some of its dignity. But I do think giving bosses more HP should be sufficient.

truth of the matter is that it’s gonna be steamrolled by good guilds. however a few fights will require listening and understanding.

2 Likes

What people are going to find is that like everything else in vanilla what made it hard wasn’t the content itself.

7 Likes

What does it being hard have to do with anything really?
If naxx is hard do boomkins get mana?
Do spriests/feral/ret start doing dmg?
Vanilla was pretty busted and TBC fixed a lot and unless you are going to do some serious overhaul, making Naxx harder will just restrict raid comp even further.

3 Likes

It’s about raids maintaining the little dignity they have left. All Blizzard needed to do was to buff boss hp, and it would be a different experience. To some of us, the fact that Classic is practically retail is disappointing. At least once, things shouldn’t be served up on a silver platter to everyone.

My parachute cloak is ready.

1 Like

honestly I want Naxx to get on farm mode. If it’s not as bad as we all remember, is it really a big deal? There’s some cool gear and weapons in there that will be super fun to use.

I’d love to see battlegrounds with tons of people running around in tier 3.

The boss HP is tuned fine without world buffs.

You can’t tune around temporary 100% damage increases that’s why Blizzard got rid of them.

1 Like

and who exactly is it supposed to be challenging for?
Hard cores? Then nobody else will clear it.

Maybe you shouldn’t have asked for Authentic Vanilla all those years ago and instead asked for them to make Retail super hard.

You asked for Vanilla, you got Vanilla. Unbuffed, exploitable, and janky.

3 Likes

Haha yea let’s steamroll naxx in 1day woohoo soo much fun.

Get outta here you muppet gome