Please scale Naxx so its hard

I am really hoping the difficulty of Naxxramas is harder than most people expect. I think it would help with the classic community, and individual realm health, if everyone had a challenge that didnt turn out to be a piece of cake. I want to wipe and create strategy and synergy and feel a sense of accomplishment with my friends. Thanks for reading my rant. I know some will disagree.

And if naxx does turn out to be cheese…hopefully we get TBC :smile:

24 Likes

Me, too. Alas, no changes.

2 Likes

It’s 15 year old content. It’s going to be easy because you’ve seen these mechanics on other bosses again and again. And simply buffing with more health isn’t harder. That’s just prolonging a fight.

And we’ll get BC. Just like Classic it’s a cash option. And it’ll be nearly as easy and you’ll complain again! If you want something difficult go do Mythic in retail or find another game.

21 Likes

Please rerelease Megaman 3 but give Dr. Wily triple health and extra armor.

23 Likes

The easiest form of ‘scaling’ they could do would be to simply wipe all buffs when you zone into the instance. This would prevent using world buffs.

31 Likes

Don’t worry, it’ll be hard for a majority of the people that raid.

It won’t be mythic level raiding though, because it never was.

12 Likes

They can’t really up the damage taken component in any meaningful way:

• Tanks already take a ton of damage in Naxx, and the few really hard hitting fights would just flatten us so this isn’t a viable tuning strategy
  • The raid-wide damage is already either completely fatal, screw with timers making management impossible, or would render even good consumable prep pointless.

You can’t add new mechanics without just outright changing the game. Sure, Patchwerk could apply some sort of nasty plague debuff that spreads to nearby players that needs to be dealt with… but that would just be a mini version of Brutallus and no longer Patchwerk.

So you really only have increasing the Health and/or Armor/Resistances of the bosses so they last longer. That doesn’t really increase the difficulty very meaningfully. It may prevent zerg kills for wbuff stacked guilds on some bosses, but everyone else will be able to handle it.

4 Likes

Just get rid of world buffs. Naxxramas is tuned fine with them gone.

20 Likes

Naxx was the greatest 40 man raid that Blizz has ever created. So much so that it was removed from the game to preserve its essense and prestige. Only a few were great enough to step foot in it. What many of today’s players know of Naxx is based on legends and stories that’s been passed down from their parents before them. Perhaps this time it will be different. I predict a larger number of raiders will finally be able to experience the mystical glory that was the original 40 man Naxx.

4 Likes

To be fair, there is a middle ground between “allowing dual-wielding tanks in every boss” and “flattening every tank regardless of buffs/flasks”. I still think a tank getting crit should be more significant than it currently is.

Still, more health/resistances/armor could work simply by wasting enough healer mana so that effective health isn’t literally the only measure of how much a tank is worth. Failing that, I’d at least like to see bosses have enough health for us to have to deal with the relevant mechanics at least once. For example, Gluth would need multiple tank swaps without taunt if it lasted around 3 minutes. If we kill it without having to deal with a single decimate what even is the point of the encounter?

3 Likes

Back in vanilla C’thun was regarded as being more difficult than most wings in Naxxramas, so if your guild can comfortably kill C’thun, most things will already feel easier besides 4 Horseman, Sapphiron, and Kel’Thuzad.

9 Likes

Well that’s just it. Maexxna’s Enrage is already going to be problematic, she really can’t be amped up anymore. Noth on the other hand could melee way harder, but that fight isn’t Tank punishing anyway, so I’m not really sure it would help up the difficulty in any meaningful way.

There isn’t enough relevant gear choice for this to actually come into any actual fights. Loatheb already promotes Avoidance stacking because he hits lightly and Healers literally cannot heal in a spammy manner, but every other fight let’s them just spam away, and it isn’t as if the ideal Loatheb set differs greatly from just “good tanking gear” anyway.

TBC raids aren’t difficult either. My boomer guild full of teachers in their 40’s and 50’s went through Hyjal for the first time wiping a total of maybe 4 or 5 times and that was only on Archimonde.

1 Like

They haven’t scaled any of the other raids, why would they scale Naxx?

You joke but the yellow devil from Mega Man 1 would wreck even seasoned Mega Man vets if they haven’t practiced him recently.

6 Likes

Some groups are still progressing through AQ. I’m not worried about Naxx.

3 Likes

This, exactly.

It’s a rerelease, not a hardmode hack. Plenty of other games you can play for a challenge instead of turning this game into something it’s not.

3 Likes

There will always be “some” groups progressing through any raid. There’s 19,099 guilds on warcraftlogs with a 9/9 score and less than 2,000 on various other bosses.

19,099 guilds 9/9 and only 15,073 Viscidus kills. It checks out.

2 Likes

Meh, who cares. Guilds skipping him cause they’re too lazy to farm sacs or elixirs. AQ40 is easier than Normal mode raids on Retail. I don’t think “guilds are still progressing” is an argument against anything.

1 Like