Please revert feral hotfix/use 2.0 energy [FIXED, ty Blizz!]

It’s cool that you don’t agree bro, just keep writing novel length posts about it and bumping this thread for us yeah?

2 Likes

“With Classic, people would bring things up and we would do a deep dive and be like, ‘Hey, this is exactly how it works.’ And they’re like, ‘Okay, but that’s not what I remember’… With Burning Crusade, rather than have us just answer ‘this is how it was’, the question is, well, what do you think it should be? And we’ll listen. Because ultimately, we’re making a game for the people that want to play it.” - Patrick Dawson, Production Director at Blizzard

Still waiting, Blizzard.

6 Likes

Yes indeed…

1 Like

Its apparent that we are not getting it…be sure to keep innervate for yourself since you will need to shift more often and waste energy.

We don’t typically get any blue posts on the weekend, and Monday’s a holiday in the US, so even if they were working on it I wouldn’t expect to hear anything from Blizz til tbc launch day. And once we get to that point I’m sure players will be discovering a ton of new bugs in Outland.

2 Likes

Blue post from last night regarding reverting the Oceanic battlegroup merge…hits right in the feels…

4 Likes

you really gonna let this go live and make the hardcore kitties go into kara with this blizz?

:cat: :hocho:

3 Likes

I’m sorry for your lack of education. Truly.

Thank you for your charitable concern and candor. Tell me more about that, please (and bump the thread in the process).

So the German website Buffed did an interview with Holly Longdale and Patrick Dawson and things don’t look good. Patrick Dawson seems very uniformed on the issue as he made this statement on Trolls Blood Potion resets (according to google translate):
" That’s the exciting thing about this Classic project. These things already existed then, but were not discovered or put into practice by the masses. And it wouldn’t be the first time we’ve had to make changes to something like this so that a class can’t suddenly cause twice as much damage as it did back then. For similar reasons, we decided to make adjustments to the drums used by leather processors. These are always “case-by-case” decisions."
It seems he’s under the impression that powerchugging is some overpowered exploit, when in reality it’s just druids trying to get back to their 2.0 energy rotation, and is only about a 20% increase over 2.2 energy. What bothers me the most is it that it definitely seems that Druids not automatically getting partials after shifting (as it was in the beta when they first implemented 2.2 energy) is also an oversight that they didn’t address in the original run of TBC, and instead just completely reworked energy in WotLK instead of addressing it, so if they want to make changes to the 2.4.3 client and change powerchugging then they should change this as well, but the interview makes it sound like currently they have no intention to.

2 Likes

farewell classic tbc. it was over before it began. at least i had fun theory crafting.

1 Like

It’s still entirely possible that Dawson and Longdale didn’t actually have any idea about powerchugging and they were just pretending to be in the know. Opinions on these issues could change once they actually see what’s going on (and hopefully see a thread like this one).

1 Like

I already cancelled my subscription :frowning: … yes I know they won’t notice but I can’t keep paying them to unintentionally nerf a class and then be like “lol oopsies”

it’s a bit late for them to start noticing this thread or the wowhead article.

1 Like

Let’s keep the conversation going still, though, and not give up after 1180+ comments. We at minimum should get a comment telling us “no” eventually. This thread is very active and I’m certain it has been passed along and reply will come if it stays active.

1 Like

I highly doubt people as high up as those 2 even bother with the forums unless another employee specifically brings it up to them.

if they’re waiting to see how it will impact the players? well if you’re listening please take a look here:
https ://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/663552296252080129/848262682435125318/unknown.png

Can Blizz please comment on this? This is one of the most viewed/commented posts in the entirety of the TBCC forum and the silence is deafening. The interview for the German website shows that (at least) those devs taking questions don’t fully understand the feral energy situation. It’s absurd that we are days out from release and we still don’t know what our rotation will be, if we will need to buy botted earthroot, etc etc.

7 Likes

They can’t comment because they took the holiday weekend off…there are no important events for them this coming week lol

5 Likes

Or they have significantly more important priorities than commenting on whether trolls blood is working as intended or not? And if not fixing it?

1 Like