Please revert the TW experience 'bug'

I leveled this character from 55-60 in “2” dungeons. This was my last alt anyway, but i am sad to hear it was just a bug. Im glad i snuck in under the wire. From 430-6 cst. Must have been fixed right after

One character, 4 days of dungeon crawls to level. 2 characters, 3.9 days of dungeon crawls. 185th character? Oh you killed a mob, have a max level character. But Wild is right, there should be something in game that lets you level faster with more alts, once you have experienced it for the nth time you just don’t to do it again.

And for players like us who have way too many alts to keep track off and feasibly even use, it’s no like having that many is even going to make any difference. The amount of time needed for just 10 or so alts to keep them on track with anything is already impossible for anyone who has a job or family so there really is no reason why we can’t level them faster other than greed.

It’s a catch 22, Blizzard want us to slow down and play the game more, but we may actually end up playing the game less because of how slow it is.

2 Likes

The problem is it shouldn’t be bad at all.

Shadowlands leveling is awful. Terrible. Pretty downright painful. It is not engaging. It feels like a forced walkthrough. The story is not interesting.
And, when you have 10+ alts you want to level, the idea of that leveling having to happen exponential amount of times. just makes you not want to bother.

How is that going to help their /timeplayed metric? You get people who wanted to level via TW, even if the tuning is bad. so they could have More time playing at end game. And now… you get people not wanting to bother logging in.

2 Likes

Bump for the myopic, blind or out of touch devs

2 Likes

How much XP was being given?

1 Like

I was going to log in and level some alts because it looked fun.

Now that it was ‘fixed,’ I again have zero interest in leveling my alts through the two boring, redundant methods available.

If the goal is to keep players playing, maybe the game should be appealing in that way. Leveling alts keeps players playing. It’s not a difficult concept.

2 Likes

Life should not be bad at all, but it is…

How on earth did you go from 10+ alts, to exponential? Do you have an exponential number of alts? This hyperbole is getting out of control.

People really need to throw this tinfoil hat in the garbage. It’s already been disproven enough times.

humanbeak reborn?

1 Like

For finishing a tw dungeon? I got over 391k xp the first one I did on my shaman.

Thanks for fixing this “bug”, Blizz. The same way you fixed Korrak’s Revenge “bug.”

I was going to have fun leveling alts this weekend. Can’t have that!

2 Likes

I have six accounts, and a VAST amount of toons. See how that works? Rather than listing every single one, I can incorporate one word, instead of having to schlep through Avagadro’s number.

And, darlin’, I don’t give two hoots about conspiracy theories, but when the proof is in the pudding, it’s time to stop giving a company who pulls this crap a pass on their bs.

2 Likes

Huh? /10char

Absolutely, the cap is 5x in this proposed scenario. Congrats on all your characters! I hope some of them are gnomes.

But it would be pretty interesting to fly around shadowlands exploring all zones and going from level 50 to 60.

Unrelated, but I would like to reiterate that it would be a person’s choice to set it up to 5x. They would still be able to level them all at 1x if they wish to see no difference.

1 Like

It wasn’t a bug. Players were getting good experience from completing dungeons. Which gave them a reason to run them, and Blizzard hates when people enjoy things.

Plain and simple.

2 Likes

Because every person who would take advantage of a speedy way to get from 51 to 60 has already leveled at least once. Someone who is taking their first character through HAS to do the story campaign in order to progress anyway.

When you do this once, twice, three times, it’s still kind of fresh… by your fifth or sixth character leveling, it’s just a slog. Nearly everything relevant currently is done at max level. The slow leveling process isn’t even the first step in doing that, it’s basically just prologue.

So for those wondering why this is a big deal… it just is. I wanted to get some of my toons to max level quickly so I could take them through the campaigns (mostly for transmog stuff). The timewalking stuff was a great way to do that and I would have played those characters again. Now I’m just letting them lie fallow because why bother?

3 Likes

Amazing that players seem more excited about a bug that helped them level alts faster than almost all of 9.1.

Really gets the noggin joggin’, don’t it?

6 Likes

The dreadful leveling experience is why I’ll only bother to have 1 of each armor class maxxed out. Not one per covenant for 16, just one. I can’t put myself through that so many times. And the 4th is already mind-bogglingly dull that I couldn’t accomplish it yet! My Mage is still not max level. It’s that bad. And I main swapped like 4 times in bfa, even that was better than SL

1 Like

Yeah, I originally wanted to get all four of each covenant’s transmogs. Sadly everything I do in game seems to want to draw all that out, so I doubt I’ll even bother now.

Hear that, Blizzard? By making leveling alts less time consuming, you actually lose your MAUs from me entirely. How’s that for your shareholders, eh?

3 Likes