Please revert feral hotfix/use 2.0 energy [FIXED, ty Blizz!]

The druids in this thread are fighting like they will be the TBC version of classic warriors, but still an F tier DPS class.

Bugs filled in BETA, fingers crossed.

2 Likes

“With Burning Crusade, rather than have us just answer ‘this is how it was’, the question is, well, what do you think it should be? And we’ll listen. Because ultimately, we’re making a game for the people that want to play it.”

Fun rotation we had for 40% of TBC and the entirety of classic please.

2 Likes

You are so out of touch, none of us think we will be top DPS. When we are not actively tanking, we still want our class to be fun to play and provide the most benefit to our raid.

5 Likes

One change does not justify all changes. The majority of the patch is based off of 2.4.3.

I agree, and that’s why forward still makes sense.

• Forward means the death of powershifting, so a future-looking Dev isn’t going to necessarily seek to preserve powershifting
  • Forward means no continuous background Energy tics like we have in 2.4.3, so maintaining that status quo will be a starting point for any Dev

I don’t think they’re going to redesign us, but I also don’t think they need to in order to address this situation. The most likely hotfix/change will be a note that says:

• Fixed a bug that allowed changes in regeneration effects such as Minor Trollsblood Elixir or swapping weapons with different mana regeneration stats to cause unrelated resources to update.

This doesn’t kill powershifting, you just don’t get the shorter “cleaner” cycle people want, and you aren’t trying to finagle some awkward workaround with weapon swaps or chain chugging/canceling an elixir.

Also this. Everyone who wants to do this could be stuck chain potting or swapping weapons. I just have big doubts such behavior will last long unresolved.

I expect the same path of least resistance with the Troll’s Blood potion and weapon swaps…it will be easier for them to just leave it in the game.

I’m being realistic here.

You have argued against your own points in the same thread.

Because I don’t drink Mana Potions expecting my Health bar to increase…

res ipsa loquitur

“Some” is a quantity, not a quality

“Power” is the power modified by a change in regeneration.

Health isn’t a listed resource in the patch note, yet health regeneration is sparking the behavior inconsistent with the patch note. Therefore:

• Health was incorrectly omitted from the patch note and clarity is needed as to the authenticity of the entire note because the list was meant to include all at all times;
  • Health was not omitted from the patch notes because the list was non-exhaustive, but further clarity is needed because the resulting “some power” is now undefined; or
  • Health was not omitted from the patch notes because the list was non-exhaustive, “some power” is 1-to-1 with the power being changed, and we have a bug that needs squashing.

So you either have incorrect patch notes you can’t rely upon that necessitate clarity/change from Blizzard, or we have a bug.

You can insist on incorrect patch notes supporting your theory all you like, but I’ll go with Blizzard meant what they said and this is a bug.

Logic 101.

Where in your patch note does it qualify “current” resource? Why would Health regeneration, a resource unlisted in the patch note and also always present in every form, bleed into another resource at all?

This is why your reading is poor, or more likely, you’re just trolling. You rely upon out-of-context interpretations to bludgeon me while ignoring those same rigid misinterpretations to make caveats like the above.

Poor form indeed.

Another bump just because I can

:cat: :hocho:

5 Likes

Bumps are fun, just like powershifting!

2 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

Just revert it…

Apparently too much to ask for

bumperino for blizzarino to actuallerino posterino a responserino

3 Likes

If people think we just want this cuz “its a buff”, I would welcome a 14% dps nerf anytime if you gave me 2.0 energy back.

F… the meters, gib me ma rotation.

2 Likes

I hope the moderators take an action on this brigading coordinated by members of “the druid discord”.
Multiple suspensions will be appreciated.

1 Like

820 comments.
Not a blue post in sight.