Please revert feral hotfix/use 2.0 energy [FIXED, ty Blizz!]

If its so unintuitive how is a Tier 1 talent and an item in the game for it?

1 Like

Oh you gotta be trolling us at this point.

2 Likes

You’re confusing use with intention. Furor is meant to provide you with a starting amount of Rage/Energy when jumping into a form so you don’t have to wait to do your job with that form, akin to Tactical Mastery.

However, unlike Tactical Mastery, we don’t presently retain any record of our previous Energy/Rage when we swap, unlike Warriors merely changing stances, so the ability had to work around that limitation by granting us a starting amount rather than letting us retain what we should have. The goal was to let form shifting be fluid so you can get right to DPSing after you’re done Tanking, or vice versa.

That’s why it is an unintuitive mechanic, why it wasn’t a widespread phenomena until mid/late TBC, and why it got nixxed hard shortly thereafter. Also remember that this doesn’t even work without a powershift macro, which requires another unintuitive mechanic of /cancelaura to shed and immediately reapply a buff.

The only reason powershifting writ large wasn’t killed off in Wrath was because Feral was really overly complicated as a DPS role to do it right and in PvP it just didn’t translate well. Then stats and rotations were simplified and streamlined in Cataclysm and we outright lost the ability to break snares, finally killing the mechanic.

By all means, quote me.

1 Like

#FixTheTick

2 Likes

/cast !Cat Form

1 Like

Literally your entire reply history in the last 2 day’s where you’ve been constantly pushing against any post saying to revert to 2.0 energy while at the same time suggesting brand new changes to the code to nerf it, such as somehow removing powerchugging while keeping 2.2 energy. Literally what reason do you have to push against changes wanted by so many people
Just… what do you want? Do you want to keep energy the way is now? 2.2 with powerchugging? Do you want to remove powershifting entirely? Or do you want blizzard to make changes to energy simply because you dont like how it works right now, which is exactly what we’ve been doing this whole time, but you’ve criticized us for it.

4 Likes

Quote. Me.

Don’t lie more when called out on lying, that’s bad for you.

Right now? A spicy chicken sandwich, no pickles, large fries, and Diet Dr Pepper from Chik-fil-A, but I need to make some more phone calls and wrap up this draft first.

I want 2.4.3 Class Talents, Abilities, and Balancing.

So that means full reset on shift into Cat Form, no partial tics. You either get 40 or you get 60 if you’re using Wolfshead Helm.

Goodness no, that has “Blizzard will hotfix” written all over it.

No, but I also don’t care about it persisting either. I have no love or hate for the concept.

How it works right now, minus the buggy interaction between resource regeneration effects, is fine since it is accurate to 2.4.3.

What do you aim to achieve out of all of these dozens of replies you’ve made in the last 2 days because if you truly don’t care about what happens to powershifiting then you either have way too much free time on your hands or you’re just trolling us. Which one is it.

3 Likes

Let’s make this thread a never ending meme bump, keep it at the top indefinitely.

All you haters whip out your kneepads and suck an eggplant (insert emoji here)

Generally speaking:

• knocking down disinformation/lies,
  • refuting bad argument,
  • refuting bad evidence, and
  • tempering emotional demands

You have a crusade, that’s fine, crusade away, just don’t lie and fit-throw in the process.

So you’re literally debating just to for the sake of debating, and you call me a liar simply because we have different interpretations of vague patch notes from 15 years ago. Okay yeah you’re not worth anyone’s time.

Newsflash, someone having a different opinion than you doesn’t automatically make it “bad argument”. You keep on insiting you somehow know exactly what evidence is good or bad, you somehow know exactly what blizzards intentions were every step of the way despite no documentation, and you somehow know exactly how code was supposed to function in 2007 despite no additional documentation.

2 Likes

Blizzard changes based strictly on public backlash. (Unless it’s a monetary decision, even then they caved a bit, see clone costs) Also, as you bicker here, you bump the thread as much as him.

So you claim to want 2.4.3., and yet…:

This is part of the energy system they introduced in 2.2. Take it or leave it.

As long as we’re clear that we are all okay with chugweaving in lieu of a working 2.2. system with partials.

After days of research into old EJ threads found on the wayback, some pretty extensive testing of my own in game, analysis of actual pserver code obtained through reverse engineering, and quite of bit of time slaving away on an excel spreadsheet and matlab, here are my results:

Why not blizz. Just do it. What’s the big deal.

6 Likes

Not a debate, debate implies colorable differences of opinion that can’t be easily or readily disentangled without testing a lot of otherwise untested/untestable notions.

I’m talking about outright lies and misinformation, which aren’t a matter of opinion.

I’m talking about demanding Blizzard make changes without even considering the possibility that the change you’ll get will be in the opposite direction you want.

I’m talking about chilling your emotional rhetoric because it is clouding your ability to think straight.

Again… don’t lie, as I haven’t said this or held this position once.

No, I’m differentiating between unsubstantiated claims and substantiated ones. I’ll take Astrylian’s comments to the bank regarding Feral mechanics over just about anyone else’s from that era, he did in fact write the book on it after all and is the reason any of you even have old sheets, guides, addons, and tools to work off of.

No, I’m quoting directly from Netharea, Ghostcrawler, Bornakk, and other Blizzard employees who gave direct insight on exactly the things I stated.

No, I’m saying that regenerating Health and regenerating Energy are two very different things that aren’t supposed to interact with one another without a specific function. That’s why they’re separate resources. That doesn’t take documentation to accurately note, anymore than it does anything else being inaccurate in game.

How do you think people find bugs in the first place?

Yes.

Right, and with an interesting bug not found until very recently.

Naw, I’m happy with bug squishing even if they existed in the past but never got found because people weren’t so invested in trying to find weird workarounds. Wouldn’t be the first time in Classic’s history they’ve done exactly that.

Maully, you’re my favorite still.

1 Like

The great part about people looking to argue for no reason it is that it keeps the thread bumped!

3 Likes

Oh my god you’re like the Ben Shapiro of druids. “If I string a bunch of rhetoric together and try to sound like I know what I’m talking about, and constantly twist my opponents words, maybe they’ll admit defeat.”
There’s literally no way for me progress in any way with your argument because if I point out any of the many inconsistencies in your argument you’ll just say “Those are not 100% exactly the words I said so you cant prove that’s what I meant” while just paraphrasing it again in the most vague way possible.

5 Likes

Odd, I haven’t seen Blizzard call it a bug, have you? If so, where? Here’s the wording from the patch:

Power Regeneration: Any effect which triggers a change in your rate of power regeneration (Mana, Rage, Energy, Focus) will now cause an immediate reward of some power at the old rate of increase, and then begin new “ticks” of power at the new rate approximately 2 seconds later. This was done to improve functionality of abilities such as Evocation and Innervate so that they did not have wasted “ticks”.

It seems to me like chugweaving induces a “change in your rate of power regeneration” that “will now cause an immediate reward of some power.” This is intended. If you have evidence to the contrary, point it out.

He doesn’t. He only has his opinions.

…does Ben Shapiro regularly ask his critics to not lie? Is that what he’s known for?

Do you need Blizzard to call something a bug to identify it? If you hit a Healing Potion and it reduced your Current Health or only gave you Mana, would you refrain from calling it a bug until Blizzard acknowledged it?

Y’all being very silly now.

Tsk tsk… this is very poor reading.

The sentence qualifies the word “power” as distinct, not collective.