Please revert feral hotfix/use 2.0 energy [FIXED, ty Blizz!]

Fasc thinks shifting for rage/energy in general is “overly complicated”, don’t trust anything that 4head says.

2 Likes

Oh my god

1 Like

Where is the blue post when we most need it ?

1 Like

Y’all really can’t handle being told not to lie can you?

So that’s a no? I haven’t the foggiest idea what you’re trying to reference.

I’d start with just… quoting a single one. No need to overwhelm yourself, start small, go from there.

Bump

#FixTheTick

4 Likes

You’re not the arbiter of bug-identification. Did you even read the patch notes? This is clearly intended behavior as anyone who reads those very notes can tell. Your personal conspiracy theory is not evidence to the contrary.

Wrong. It specifies “your rate of power regeneration (Mana, Rage, Energy, Focus)”, which for druids means mana/rage/energy, etc. You are aware that your mana doesn’t disappear in forms, right?

Moreover, notice the distinction between “your rate of power regeneration” and “an immediate reward of some power at the old rate of increase.” In other words, any sort of change in power regeneration for druids should be able to cause an immediate reward in “some power”, i.e. any of the above mana/rage/energy. This is intended, if it were not intended it would have been worded differently and with the degree of specificity needed to rule out this interpretation.

1 Like

Obligatory daily reply on this thread. Blizzard, the cats are clawing at your doors and you are intentionally letting them starve to death. Time to address this situation.

1 Like

Having different opinions is not lying, and claiming that whenever someone disagrees with you that they are lying makes you look disingenuous

1 Like

There’s no arguing with this guy. He’ll just say something incredibly vague and then call you a liar for not interpreting his words the same way that he did. Just ignore him. He clearly loves arguing if you look at his tone and language.

2 Likes

I agree with that assessment, but there’s no more troll’s blood potions on the AH…

¯\(ツ)

Need to find something to do until the alchs fill it back up. Confronting disinformation seems like as good an activity as any.

1 Like

I am hoping he keeps his baseless argument to keep bumping the thread…don’t discourage him!

3 Likes

The impressive part is its been going on across two threads.

2 Likes

Blizz it’s been 8 days. We’re up to #6 on the board’s top posts of all time. Give us an answer.
#FixTheTick

9 Likes

…okay?

So do you want me to treat you like an illiterate troll or…?

This is why your reading is bad. The phrase “your rate of power regeneration” is followed by a list of exemplars, not a total list of everything impacted at the same time. The change clearly reads that changes to a power regeneration will see an update to that power regeneration, not all possible power regeneration.

Some in this case indicates an unspecified but formulaic return of the aforementioned power.

The power is distinct, as listed in the patch notes.

Poor reading makes for bad arguments.

When someone claims “You said X” and I in fact did not say X, that’s not an opinion and it is in fact lying.

Bump

#FixTheTick

Alright so i’m coming outta no where here but just asking on your personal opinion, how do you feel feral tank and hybrid tank/dps do over all in tbc and how do you feel about them in their current state going thru until black temple ?

Feral Tanks are fantastic from start to finish in TBC. Aside from Kael’thas himself, Illidan himself, and P2 of Reliquary of Souls, Druids have nothing stopping them from doing all other Tank jobs exceptionally well, and in many cases better than Warriors or Paladins.

Feral Hybrid DPS, that is the kind of DPS we deal while focused on Tanking mid-fight as needed, but otherwise DPSing, is fantastic as well. It isn’t fantastic relative to pure DPS roles, but that isn’t our job when doing this sort of thing, and since we can acquire ALL of the PvE Talents we need for Cat and Bear skills in a single spec, we absolutely should make full use of any downtime to go Shred/Rip the boss.

Feral Pure DPS is decidedly less fantastic. Raw numbers certainly help prop us up, notably early on when we get huge hunks of AP from our weapons and our bleeds ignore Armor before most melee classes can get any Armor Penetration stats. However, we’re not top tier among melee, and certainly not among DPS overall. Later, once people start getting access to Armor Penetration and Haste, as well as very powerful scaling mechanics we can’t even use like Mongoose/Executioner, Warglaives, etc, we just don’t grow as fast as Rogues and Warriors.

If we cut ourselves off at the end of T5, so Vashj/Kael, Feral overall (all three roles), is excellent. Nothing in that content is too punishing to melee, none of the DPS checks are severe, and we can handle the Tank jobs with ease aside from MTing Kael’thas himself. Moving forward into T6 content and beyond leaves Bears in an excellent state, and our Hybrid role remains intact since plenty of fights offer OT downtime. However, pure Cat into T6/SWP is going to be poor. Not so bad it can’t be brought, but not so good that you’d want more than one doing just that.

If anything, I’d argue Feral DPS as just DPS is potentially a strict liability on M’uru. Lots of adds and targets need to be dropped rather quickly, and we have no way to transfer Combo Points or Bleeds, and unlike Warlocks/Priests, we can’t really just tab DoT either, and we have no real AoE.

But that’s the only fight I think really screws pure Feral DPS and it has nothing to do with stats or scaling, but all to do with the clunkiness of being a DoT Finisher class with target-fixed Combo Points.

1 Like

Personal attacks, now? How uncouth.

Engage with the substance of the debate, not with emotionally-charged attacks. Try to be a bit more focused.

Nope, they’re not examplars, they’re the complete set of power systems included in the “some power” phrase mentioned in that same sentence. This is the simplest reading.

That’s a strange manipulation of the facts as Blizzard has presented them to you. It does not read “an update to that power regeneration”, it rather says “an immediate reward of some power.” In fact, it so obviously does not say “that power regeneration” that it now seems like you’re just just here to play devil’s advocate, rather than arguing for something that you believe is true.

Some indicates an unspecified but formulaic return of whatever the current power system of the player character is.

The power systems are a set of interrelated systems, as listed in the patch notes.

We agree. If you are sincere then I would like to recommend that you take some remedial English classes at your local community college. A logic class would be helpful too. This might help with your misunderstandings of words like ‘some.’

1 Like

I hope blizzard fix the feral energy bug when they use troll’s blood.

1 Like