Please revert elite set completion to 1.8k

I mean, it’s the same argument though, but that’s beside the point. You’ve got a declining population, with an aging playerbase. It doesn’t hurt to have rewards to validate a person’s time spent at a rating where a lot of people find really hard to get to (some find it all out impossible), but still obtainable for people who dig in and push.

1800 is nothing to a lot of people who post here, but to someone like me whose only been PVPing for two seasons? I was excited AF to unlock my 2nd, and 3rd xmog sets this season. It’s a good benchmark for lower skilled players to shoot for.

I agree with most of the things you say but your take on this is one of an elitist.

Is being in the top 10% not good enough for a simple mog? The game needs more people playing, not less.

Make the mounts the top .5% but let me get those mogs. It’s one of the few things I look forward to.

6 Likes

Elite set should be 2400 along with the title.

The sets can be the coolest thing in the game but they mean nothing when anyone with a keyboard can get them

6 Likes

If you can regularly get 1800 im sure you can push 2k for it.

1 Like

I can see your point and I agree with it, the elitist in me cares more about prestige and having something many others don’t to feel more attached and more accomplished, but for new players this will just make them give up and not try pvp at all or buy a boost

It’s rough af to find a middle ground or prob straight up impossible and best call is to appease the masses, well regardless it is what it is and I shouldn’t care as much as I do, better games out there atm anyway

1 Like

Prestigious endgame rewards should never have casual players in mind. When companies started this mmorpgs fell

Or you can be ffxiv and perfectly mix both a hardcore reward that’s limited and still casually obtainable

1 Like

Okay, let’s go your route and make the mogs and mounts require a 3100 rating.

What’s that? Too high you say? You don’t like seeing the same 20 people get the mog/mount you say?

Elitism is what’s killing WoW, not casuals.

Candy crush is killing it btw…

5 Likes

They keep making pvp rewards easier to get.
Account wide 2400 gladiator turned the most desired title and reward in game into a joke.

7 Likes

I think it’s time for the hpriest/ret 2s senior citizen push in s3.

3 Likes

This is turning into one spicy thread.

I’m all about that scenario, good sir.

1 Like

100% agree with this. The /Flex should be reserved for gladiator and above players. Elite sets, like the raid sets should not be gone forever. It’s not like it’s some crazy achievement to have obtained 1800-2k in the past anyways…seriously no one is impressed. If you want, just require a person have a current rating of 1800-2k to purchase past elite pvp sets.

We need more reasons for people to try arena/rated pvp, and transmog is an excellent motivator. Honestly, it’s pretty pathetic that people want to feel “special” because they achieved 2k in legion season 3…

This is just another case of blizzard messing with things that no one was complaining about. 1800 was fine, seriously, who was complaining about this? but yea they totally should make elite pvp sets available similar to vicious saddle mounts.

4 Likes

I think 2400 set and 2700 weapon are good goals outside of r1 (the rating bracket ur talking on)

The more difficult a reward the better it feels to earn it and the less inflation of said reward.

8 Likes

I mean if you liked elite sets being 2.2k in mop which for most season duelist was 2300-2400 then itll be the same as it is now 1950. They chose a really good number i believe.

2 Likes

I think he was saying that only things that require 2.4k should be /flex based and that a MOG (obtainable before that) should not be viewed as something to flex but better viewed as something to encourage participation. I believe he was agreeing with leaving sets at 1.8k AND on making past season sets available.

Or more people pushing cr instead of getting 1800, sitting and never queuing again. Just another way to look at it i guess.

4 Likes

People who hit 1.8k will be more likely to push than before due to possibly seeing 1.95k in reach. But people sitting at 0 who are considering trying rated PvP will be discouraged if they think they need 1.95k instead of 1.8k just to unlock the mog.

3 Likes

Define prestigious. This is where the disconnect is. Some would say top 10% is pretty darn good. Of course, the higher up the ladder, the more likely the players at that level are going to scoff at 10%. A multiple rank 1 player would likely feel nothing is worth bragging about until you’ve gotten at least 2 rank 1 titles. I often find though that the best players rarely take a step back and realize how “in the minority” they really are. The top .01 percent will often say anyone can do this, with enough practice, but simply being in the top .01 means that the vast majority of people, will not be able to achieve this.

Also, I don’t think the elite pvp set has ever really been considered “prestigious” by most pvp’ers…more just a nice reward for improving.

8 Likes

You’re right