Please return survival back to ranged or give hunters a 4th spec

I love how you’re trying to use the armory in a fallacious manner. It’s not like someone couldn’t have logged out as bm or mm, while still maining surv or anything like that. Or perhaps people have more then one hunter.

3 Likes

If rogues got a ranged spec, that would be amazing. Not sure what you’re talking about.

6 Likes

Ranged survival was just MM hunters with a pet instead of on their own.

Melee Survival is actually interesting.

23 Likes

Bad because it brings nothing new to the hunters kit, which it sorely needs. Hunter is probably the worst class in the game right now.

Ranged survival was a whole nother spec it was nothing like other two specs i played them all. It was vastly different.

32 Likes

I don’t think either of your suggestions really work out; there’s no reason to give a 3 DPS spec class yet another DPS spec.

Ranged survival was actually really really fun and I know where you’re coming from (people will generally prefer ranged to melee) but that is more a perception issue.

I play Survival and BM hunter the most and I’d like them to stay as is.

1 Like

ranged survival was a poison and dot based ranged class, whereas marksman focused on heavier hitting aimed shot to deal most of their damage. it is just like affliction and destro warlocks, one focuses on dots and the other focuses on the heavier hitting spell Chaos Bolt

22 Likes

And if it doesn’t hurt you, but makes something else have a better time, you’re a jerk for being against it. Not caring, sure, whatever, but to just be active trying to make sure someone else has a worse time… ugh. I’d rather not engage any further with someone like you. So, peace out.

21 Likes

Bye Felicia.

1 Like

make melee survival a tank spec where you and your pet share damage and stuff, and give use back ranged survival as a 4th spec

4 Likes

Like with the suggestions I posted there for a modern version of the old RSV. It would actually provide something very useful for the class. Something which we are currently lacking, across all 3 of the currently existing specs.

What would that be?

The capability to deal with spread out enemies, the strength of spread cleave, as well as multi-dotting.

So yes, it would bring something new to the class. The above is the natural path of development for the old RSV, if they would’ve brought it into Legion.

It is precisely because of why the old RSV was deleted which makes the reason as for why it should be brought back. As a 4th spec, not as a replacement to current SV.

3 Likes

It really wasn’t that different.

Besides MM has most of those abilities, so you’re just asking to rename MM to Survival?

Current survival seems far more interesting gameplay wise, and does pretty well.

4 Likes

So a mix of BM and msv? Still adds nothing to the hunters kit since the other specs can do the exact same thing.

1 Like

Neither BM nor MSV are good at spread cleave/multi-dotting.

MSV, is capable at applying a dot on multiple targets at once. But that’s not the same as having it as a strength. The current hunter class, is not strong at dealing with multiple targets which are spread out.

Warlocks are. SPs are. We’re not.

7 Likes

I never played SV as ranged. My hunter has always been BM up to BfA. She leveled up as MSV and it was a lot of fun… but I really missed the ranged part of being a hunter, so I switched back at 120. To me, hunters are ranged, but I can see them as MSV for those who want to melee with a pet.

IMO, the 3 specs that we have now seem to be fine for the class.

1 Like

So your suggestion would still add nothing new then since two other classes can do the same on top of the other things they do.

Why bring a hunter when a warlock can do the same thing and more?

Damm another whiner.

Keep whining kid, You won’t have your toy back.

Note: msv is much more fun than rsv

5 Likes

How is BM not good at cleaving? I’m confused. My hunter is BM, they can definitely cleave.

They would cleave better if some of the WM talents got turned into regular abilities tho…

He said when the enemies are all spread out, which never happens. Unless it’s a boss fight mechanic.

They can only cleave when stacked up. Rsv could spread out dots and cleave when mobs arent close together. Like how fire has to be bundled up to cleave

1 Like