Please rethink the soar nerf

Um … Soar can’t be used in instances, so if you were ever going to see one tank and four Dracthyr in a dungeon, it was absolutely never because of Soar.

Because it’s not 30% as in 310%–>280%. It’s 30% of the total speed, from 950%–>640%, meaning it’s actually subtracting 300% of your normal movement speed, which is a pretty big deal.

9 Likes

That’s not what he was implying. He was implying you’d have 4 in your groups because so many people are playing Dracthyr because of what they have. (in and outside of instanced content.)

1 Like

Yeah I checked into it last night after the post to see what all of the big hoopla was about and saw they nerfed it in that manner and used the BS excuse that it gave an advantage…when it is just a racial with a 5 minute cooldown not something that you can just continually cast.

I can understand why people would be upset now after reading* Blizztards actual reasoning behind it.

8 Likes

Ok? Who cares though. I run dungeons with nothing but BEs/VEs atm as it is.

4 Likes

It is what he was implying because he used that as justification for keeping the nerf to Soar in a thread about nerfing Soar:

and:

That is the context of the comment. You cannot say he is not implying a connection when the comment about 4 Evokers is sandwiched between two comments relating directly to the nerf. The implication is that somehow, were it not for the nerf, there would be 4 Evokers in every dungeon. If he is implying that there will be 4 of them for some other reason, then that is not an argument for keeping this particular nerf and thus is irrelevant to this thread.

1 Like

Seconded. They’ll probably unnerf it later… once df has been put awhile and everyone has it unlocked. That’s my headcannon.

Bro. I don’t know how this is going over your head. He wasn’t saying that there will be 4 evokers because evokers will be using soar in dungeons. He was saying Evokers have Soar > because evokers have soar everyone will be player evoker > because everyone is playing evoker he will have 4 evokers with him in dungeons.

It’s not that complicated. You have to use about 3 extra brain cells for critical thinking.

2 Likes

This cant be said enough

1 Like

what on earth are you talking about lol.

As already explained, I don’t want to see a super race. Thats why I used the term super race. The only thing i was implying that have such over the top racials like the unmodified soar would lead to everybody but tanks playing them. I kind of thought that was pretty self evident, but i guess not lol.

Then why do they have to lie about it and say it is a only a 30% nerf? They nerfed it from 930% speed to 640% and are thinking of nerfing it even more now. 930% to 640% is not a 30% nerf. No one likes this nerf. And you play Classic so this doesn’t effect you.

5 Likes

Whenver I have the Alpha and the Beta and post here about it, you people say the same thing. You cant even see those forums that’s why the testers post over here sometimes. Point of an Alpha or a Beta is to share your opinions with the general population. I have gotten a few things changed in game simply because of my Alpha and Beta feedback. Best way to change a feature you dont like it so tell the general public about it. Not on a forum that you dont even have access too.

I don’t know what planet you live on where people would all play the same CLASS (not race, Drac’thyr can only be evokers) because that class has an out-of-combat overworld movement coodlown every 5 minutes which is only a speed increase under specific conditions in irrelevant old-world content, but it ain’t Earth dude.

4 Likes

I’ll forgive you for the lapse in judgement on your math. That’s 30%. You’re thinking 30% additively. 30% of 930 is 279 which is the difference (without rounding) between 930 and 640

I don’t play classic. Just haven’t changed my forum character.

Source for this claim?

No even my boy Asmongold said that’s not how it works how you described it.

Or at least give Dracthyr instant flight form like druids. What’s the point in being a dragon if you can’t fly? Other dragons in the world can fly.

4 Likes

That’s why I’m an advocate for dracthyr to have instant flight form like druids

2 Likes

The math? You can’t argue how math works. 70% of 930% is 640% (rounded). That’s a 30% nerf.

And to be clear, -BLIZZARD- didn’t say it was nerfed by 30%. That’s just how the Wowhead article you read said it.

This is exactly what Blizzards post said.

" Greetings Dragonriders and Dracthyr!

With the next alpha build, we’re making a change to Soar for Dracthyr that reduces their maximum speed from (roughly) 930% to 640%. The maximum speed for Dragon Isles Drakes is unchanged. This only applies to the Dracthyr Soar racial ability."

So I doubt Asmongold was saying Blizzard lied about the nerf like you’re saying. And if he did, he should be embarassed.

Also, you never provided me a source for this claim.

2 Likes

You’re out of your mind. People are starting to sound ridiculous now. :rofl: j/k

I would agree with you if it wasn’t for the giant amount of people who played Demon Hunter because of double jump and glide.

Double jump and glide were never nerfed and demon hunters are currently ~7% of the M+ population (based on rio data) so…I’m not really seeing the problem?

Like yea there’s gonna be a wave of people playing the new class when it comes out, that’s just new class hype, it’s good and healthy and things go back to normal naturally.

3 Likes