Please Restore Last Highest PVP Rank

Try “actions have consequences”. Blizzard isn’t forcing you to play their game. If you stopped pvping, that’s a decision you made. If you stopped pvping because your sole motivation was ranking and you got it in your head that ranking was made pointless, that’s a decision you made. If you took Blizzard’s implication to mean that they were wiping out the entire pvp system from its inception into classic and starting completely 100% from scratch like Classic PvP never happened and stopped pvping, that’s a bad guess and a decision you made.

Ive been saying since day 1 that they were only going to reset you to your last held rank. Why? Because they never told us what resetting strictly meant. They gave us the info we needed, they didn’t pull up a chair for us at their dev meetings and spill the beans.

A complete reset like the ones players were buying into would technically mean stripping everyone of their HKs, titles and gear - and Im not just talking about R8+ gear either - everyone loses their rep pvp gear - all pvp gear, twinks and all. Say goodbye to your AV mount. If you took that implication literally that’s what reset means in that context. Yet people guessed they were going to let you keep the gear, hks and highest earned rank in the pvp window - I said that would seem to indicate you’re gonna maintain your current rank and just start from the beginning of that rank and was basically called an idiot for thinking that - their guesswork was better.

Long story short, reading comprehension is a thing, it was speculation all around and no one knew with absolute certainty what was actually going to happen, which was why we were discussing the damn topic in the first place. We only got vague implications, not what those implications strictly meant and we all made guesses and some lived by them and got it wrong. Just take your L like an adult.

Legally speaking, based on the agreement you have with Blizzard there is not a single scenario where you can ever be considered an actual victim. So even if I was dumb enough to resort to such a pointless activity, my efforts would be wasted as there are no victims to be shaking my stick at. Playing the victim card and thinking your one in your head and being a victim are two different things.

Since there are no victims and Im not in the business of victim blaming we can now refer to it in its proper context which is me having my I told you so moment.

This is what it’s all about for you with this. You want to flex about how smart you are based on how you interpreted Blizzards wishy-washy text.

The only thing for certain was a change in 8-12 weeks.

I know people argued with your interpretation. If that was anyone in this thread, fine. I wasn’t paying attention to the names.

I empathized with the OP because I’d rather try to be a nice person than a bragging “I’m so smart” know it all. That’s just me though.

1 Like

Considering all the guff you’ve faced for other heated disagreements different players have had with you in the past I can’t say I wouldn’t take a victory lap were it me having a moment.

Son, I am disappoint.
Because I was with you here

I’m sorry. I said I was dropping this topic and I failed.
Y’all aren’t so far apart.
It just kills me to see folk that have been able to see/understand one another’s viewpoint still have this friction.
I has a sad.

I know I’m part of this.

What I felt like was going for the jugular came from someone with who I’ve had what I thought were good conversations with. It bugged me yesterday/today. When I brought this up twice asking why and saying that I didn’t want a Wrath forum-style relationship (your words that are right) so why is this happening there was no answer. Just more poking :confused:

Maybe there’s some outside reason, there might be for me. I’ve had some stuff going on in RL due to medical issues in the family and possibly bad news. So does that make me cranky? Yeah, probably. None of us really knows what’s happening with others.

I don’t blame Corpseknife for being happy for being right, I just don’t know if people in this post should be the target of the “I told you so”. I do see some friction with the person being talked to so maybe that’s part of it.

Ok, I found the thread the OP was on that thread just saying that he thought there’d be a reset. There was no debate with him though and his message was quite positive really.

I am very sorry to hear this and I hope that you and yours get the strength you need from one another to weather any storm. I’ll be sending good thoughts your way.

I’m also not blaming anyone.
Except Blizzard. Vague posting got us to this point. They should feel bad. Even though they tried to get out ahead of this (which was good), there was still the oft-seen issue of not showing their entire hand in case they had to change course. Which is still not helpful.

While I get they don’t want to have to come here and report they are “going back” on their word/plans, it remains extremely disappointing that a more detailed explanation (even a “hey guys we haven’t yet decided if this or that”) not a weirdly ambiguous statement was offered from a multibillion dollar, S&P 500 company. I don’t want this to seem like an attack on individual employees but it’s not a good, professional look.

1 Like

Not surprisingly, Blizz did not implement highest rank earned.

So, the devs screwed all the people who let their current rank decay because Blizz said three months ago it would be a “full reset,” and suddenly changed course a week ago. All the while those people could have been doing minimal PVP to maintain their ranking.

Tone deaf dev team. The whole situation just underscores how Blizz doesn’t communicate with the Classic Era community.

1 Like