Please Remove Warbringer Rune From Warriors

It’s not though. It should of always stayed like that but Mages cried too much cause Prot Wars could break their roots and global them with Shield Slam.

You clearly forget your history. Prot Warriors had the highest burst in the game when they had Warbringer in this version. There was no cap on Block value at that time so they could charge out of roots and 1 shot a Mage.

So they removed the root break then later put a cap on BV. Realistically the root break should of never been removed but the BV cap is understandable.

Having the original Warbringer back is good for the game and warriors. Now they just need some other runes to give them some love. Personally I’m waiting for the Glad stance rune.

1 Like

I literally beat Mages and Druids in duels with this rune. That’s not how classic is supposed to work. It’s broken.

Good I don’t like Vanilla WoW and it’s Class design. I’m here for SOD and to play a different version of the game which has BETTER Class design. I’m here to support Classic + and new content expansions coming.

I want them to keep reinventing and trying new things with Class design. I want to see Melee Battle Mages that attack with their staff. So many more cool ideas could be explored.

If you want boring Vanilla type gameplay then Era exist for you. I’d never play a Warrior in Vanilla or want to play Vanilla. However if Warriors can get some more runes that synergize that would be good. They need some sustain healing.

1 Like

It makes warriors extremely capable in pvp, baseline would be crazy.

Warrior saying he doesn’t like classic’s class design is… strange.

1 Like

It’s terrible. I tried it cause I didn’t start playing till really late 2007 ish. I think the pinnacle of WoW and Warriors start to shine in ICC in Wrath. Prot feels far better and has the tools. Although they are missing sustain healing that they get latter.

I think playing a Warrior in Vanilla is a miserable experience. I’m waiting for Glad stance and completely different design that I can enjoy that brings me back too the good ole days that were a blast.

I’m not a Vanilla Era player nor do I want to ever play it. I’m here for a new game that is SOD. I’m looking for brand new Class design and abilities. I’m supporting SOD cause I want a Classic + expansion. I want to see Melee Battle Mages and design never seen before in WoW. I want WoW 2 not the same ole game and Classic + can be that eventually.

I’m not sure how people can say Vanilla Era Warrior had good design. Can’t charge in combat? Horrible design. No healing or dispel or real tools? It’s bad. No thanks.

1 Like

SoD, so far, doesn’t add new abilities or change class fundamentals outside of runes.

Problem wasn’t warbringer here. The problem was Shield Slam. That ability hit way too hard for a tank.

I played Prot War in MoP, and if I landed a crit shield slam on ANYTHING it died in one hit. That’s a charge, a Shield Slam, and dead.

Warbringer isn’t the problem.

2 Likes

I know but it was still removed. Then they put on the BV cap afterwards and Prot never got Warbringer back. Real shame. At least it still had 10 sec spell reflect and ranged silence.

Hopefully when they do Glad stance in SOD it gets some big Shield Slams, Spell reflect, sustain healing and some fun tools.

They really need to add in a spell reflect rune now honestly. Although I’ll take MoP Second Wind too. Victory rush needs to heal and be useable on ANY target 15 sec CD.

People complaining about Warbringer just don’t get it.

1 Like

Agreed. The hybrid dps tax was the best part of the original design. The only pure dps class left, the hunter, should be at least 25% ahead of classes that have tanking or healing options.

Now give hunters a bona-fide hybrid spec (I think taking is the better choice) and then it’s acceptable for all classes do similar dps.

there are runes like that for every class… at least yours havent been nerfed to the ground yet.

Either Mages and druids are playing terrible, or they’re doing something weird. A mage can easily stop a warrior with Polymorph spell, and Druid should be going feral… If they’re trying to PVP as balance druid.

Nearly all the PVP warriors went up in, they almost always losses. It is why you see far more paladins running around than warriors. Because Phase 1 is an immense handicap for warriors.

This never happened.

2 Likes

I agree with this. It should be baseline.

Fighting a Warrior in melee, as a Druid, does not end well for the Druid.

Polymorph and run away doesn’t automatically win when you can charge in combat. It will beat Paladins, because they can’t close gaps… Poly also doesn’t last long enough for them to drink/eat to full at this level.

Run away? Mages do run away. But they turn around, and started casting arcane-spells. Making it immensely a DPS race to kill them faster before they heal your damage (and dealing damage to you).

Feral Druids often tend to win 1v1. They have kite-skill in feral-form. If any druid is trying to go engage in melee against a warrior. They deserves it. Balance-druids are currently not very strong form for druids at this time.

They don’t need to drink. You must’ve been getting kills on them by jumping on them unprepared when they used mana in their AOE-grinds.

Okay so this is clear telltale that you do not play paladins. Avenger’s Shield is 3-target bounce spell that can be cast at maximum of 30~ yards. Inflicting a daze equal to 50% movement penalty, lasting 10 seconds. And when they get close enough, and enemy starts to outrun them. They can follow up with Hammer of Justice to keep that gap closed.

And here’s the kicker? This rune is easy to get. You may argue that you would have to use a shield, sacrificing a two-hander. But that’s a lie. Some people uses macro to swap in shield, and out. Sure they have to use up a GCD. But it’s a ranged attack that hurts.

Polymorph, wait out daze, blink HoJ. There is nothing a Paladin can do to a Mage.

If you polymorph a Warrior in SoD, they can still charge and hamstring.

If they root and DoT the Warrior, yes… that does not work in SoD because of Warbringer. Shifting is extremely mana intensive at this level and there is no travel form. Press hamstring a couple times and the druid is oom and dead.

1 Like

They wont remove it. It’s here to stay. Gonna make a lot of people cry when these next few phases come out.

I prefer that all DPS specs should have similar Damage potential. Just because a mage can heal or a shaman can tank, it shouldnt mean thier dps specs should be nerfed.
Otherwise, why bring anything but hunters to a raid? If hunters are always 25% better than any other dps spec out there whats the point of anything else?

1 Like

Or wait until warriors get their full toolkit at 40… the lack of abilities are making warrior not fun to play at 25 for obvious reasons… just wait when you get gear and level 40 talents right now just get worry about getting your free bfd gear if you’re horde anyways…