Please remove the 58 boost from TBC Classic

That’s assuming them spending this money actually makes them more money, newsflash… it really doesn’t.

Let’s say you make watches. You make 10 watches a day, and on average you sell 2 watches a day. You do this for 2 years. So now you have almost 6k watches in reserve. But you still only really sell 2 per day.

If you spend your own real life money to make let’s say 20 watches a day for a week instead of 10, did you really just make more money? You already are sitting on 6k watches when you really only sell 2 per day.

Buying gold from bots in order to spend it to boost your characters through dungeons?

A-ok and doesn’t promote botting at all

Buying a boost with your own money, not purchasing gold at all, and actually getting rid of a reason for people to buy gold.

Not ok and somehow benefits bots.

Hmm

2 Likes

But none as popular and easy-to-bot as WoW.

The same $30 it costs for a boost could instead be used to buy 5-7 accounts. I’m pretty sure 7 bots will make more profit than 1 boosted bot.

People constantly talk amongst themselves and to me when I’m boosting them. Priests mind vision me so they can study the pull for their own mages.

I mean thats nice. But its still the same

Yup, and it led to retail being how retail is with insane amounts of monetization and people who support it- it’s not much different from FIFA loot boxes, some people complain sure but too many are happy just throwing cash at the company.

Like this guy- no matter what a company does, this guy’s here to support it and praise them for screwing with the game in pursuit of cash.

With no monetization- classic WoW is still extremely profitable due to low costs and how lucrative sub revenue is. But Blizz always wants more, Bobby wants bigger bonuses- and fans don’t really care that much about the quality of the game anymore.

WoW basically has every form of monetization and people still are dumb enough to think giving them more money will make the game better- like they didn’t realize Blizz made more profit than ever before last year yet still went on record firing sprees.

1 Like

Bots already pay for as many accounts as they want to have at this point. Boosts or not people are gonna bot. The boosts does nothing.

I disagree. The Blizzard Year-over-Year growth has been on a downward trend since 2009.

2 Likes

Boost Bad. Bye.

2 Likes

Counter argument, boosts not bad.

2 Likes

I’m using them ether way so let the hate commence I really don’t care.

yeah I don’t have exact numbers and yeah it’s a discussion about a server that is fictional, sorta like your elevated ego.

The boosts are dumb. Earn your way up. Equally as dumb is that phasewalker mount. like wtf? Buying status vs earning status in a game. huge difference.

1 Like

I tried saying this on reddit, and let’s just say that it did not go over well.

Listen i love r/wowclassic. But once the hivemind makes a decision, dont find yourself on the wrong side of it.

1 Like

Don’t be a sheep, your opinion is no more right or wrong than the “hivemind” on these types of matters, just make sure to back up your reasons with more than feelings, have evidence, logic, exc.

Don’t bend to peer pressure, be yourself.

I’ve been a WoW player from the moment classic launched until Legion. I came back for classic, and I’ve loved it. An imperfect, not quite the same, but still amazing game.

If you allow 58 boosts in TBC, it will effect the game, the longevity of the game, and sell off even more of your soul. The world is alive again these past few weeks, people are leveling and grouping. You would deny them that?

Everyone sees this cash grab for what it is. I don’t feel like putting another 14 years into a game that’s going to go down the same road. This is goodbye unless the cash shop, that you PROMISED AT BLIZZCON WOULD NOT TOUCH CLASSIC, is removed. This isn’t a threat, it’s the very real situation you find yourself in where you can just milk the wealthy until your game finally dies (for me it died in 2015) for the out of touch Activision employees in the back THAT IS WHEN I STOPPED GIVING YOU MY MONEY! You can look at my account and see it’s true.

I will not hesitate to do it again.

Ok go ahead then

They are a big enough company your sub will not break them, enjoy the break I’m sure you will be back.

Also you’re very naïve to think that one boost per account will ruin the game. I plan to have 6+ chars so I’ll be leveling 5 others whom won’t be boosted.

Also, not a big threat to say you’ll leave. You’ve came back once already, I would bet you spend more money on blizz in the future.

God, if I had a dollar for every time I’ve heard that…
As much as I would like to see it pulled, and fully support the notion of doing so, well, good luck getting blizzard to change just about anything when it comes to monetary systems in game.