Please reconsider your stance on retail/classic reward linking

—> Reference

—> My head.

pool + the cars + Cates

Fast Times at Ridgemont High. You’re welcome.

2 Likes

No.

That is all I really should have to say about it.

However, I will add this…

A person’s reason for wanting to play Classic should be that they want to experience what the game was originally, not because they want something for their toon in the modern version of the game.

Period. End of story. Finito.

5 Likes

nah, i just use this character as my forum character

I loved vanilla it was my second fav right behind TBC. However it is not high on my priority to play since I already did once and as long as the retail garbage is linked to classic I will not play. If it gets its own sub and #nochanges count me in from the start. I can live with sharding at the start if the realm is crowded, but me personally I would choose a low pop realm anyways so no sharding would be needed. Anyways please consider a separate sub for a discounted price and let retail die. Its high time for a new mmo anyways. Thank you!

You know this thread would actually die if it didn’t appear every time in the suggested threads list.

I wonder how many people see the irony of you posting such things on a L11 alt.

4 Likes

I’m not hiding anything. I made this forum toon years ago.

Yeah? Well…you know, that’s just like, uhhh…your opinion, man.

It’s not the ‘poof and they are gone from the game forever’, but poof and they no longer have a use for that guild. Most of the time players would be in a guild for a specific reason in classic, be it raiding or PVP or stuff like helping others.

Once someone got their legendary they would go to a guild that now offered what they want, whereas at least in Legion and sometime before your guild could do all that and more and there was no need to leave.

You still see it now, a guild is not up to mythic raiding so some players leave for another guild, but back in the day someone would join a guild for a specific reason, leave, and even sometimes get a name change so they can hide.

Ooohhhh the name changes, oh my god I forgot, you would find players who changed names mostly to hide but be found out very quick based on what they were wearing and how they would play and act in game, fun times finding the ninja literally acting the part and hiding in plain sight.

1 Like

OMG so true! Its funny to when they were the same class LOL, you knew right away! THAT was some funny stuff. Specially when the rudest person in Trade Chat would change their name, and they would be in the same place they were before LMAO! Kids, they did not know the sneaky ways of the adults lol. At least move and change your trolling language!

So funny.

2 Likes

This is for the longevity of the game, to make people play both classic and retail. You don’t have to make the items the exact same appearance but something that will make retail players go to classic for an extended period and something that will make those who play classic try retail.

The “people will just do it for appearances/mounts/pokemon” argument is sophistry.
Imagine someone joins a mythic raiding guild with the intent of just getting the mount from the last boss of the tier. They still have to prepare for raids, integrate into the team and follow the raid mechanics, they won’t just /gquit after they get the mount either. How is this any different from that?

They even gave av achievement for going into the crapper in WoD.
Ridiculous! :nauseated_face:

I can’t believe I actually agree with Fallanaa about something… Maybe it is the end times.

5 Likes

the worlds gonna end. i actually agree with Fallanaa on something.

3 Likes

This is a terrible idea.

6 Likes

3 month necro?!?!

At least I got to read Yith laying down the law on some of these posts. :grin:

8 Likes

I’ve seen worse.

The link Retail => Classic should not exist.

The link classic => retail is not needed as anything you can get in classic (mounts for example) can be farmed faster on retail. Unless there are some items removed from the game in which case you shouldn’t have them anyway on retail.