Please reconsider your stance on retail/classic reward linking

My opinion on this is that oftentimes people who level a bunch of alts are generally playing a “group” game in which they play every member of the group.

By this, I mean you will typically see alts all leveling different professions and feeding each other items they need.

This provides a lot of the conveniences of group play (at the expense of time) without the inconveniences of depending on people you don’t know. I appreciate the value in this.

6 Likes

“You need to accept that blizzard’s vision for WoW is how BfA was designed”, you sound a lot like this crowd.

I’ll be playing classic a lot less than I probably would have, and same will go for a lot of people.

It doesn’t change classic. It only affects retail

1 Like

What doesn’t change how classic is played? Rewards transferring over?
It definitely changes it.
First of all were going to get a bunch of people who aren’t even interested in classic playing. They only want goodies for retail.
Secondly I have to worry about someone rolling on stuff for reasons other then “this is an upgrade”

14 Likes

It’s not a good solution for people who are interested in just playing Classic, and it’s not a good one for people who are interested in just playing BfA.

If you don’t want to play Classic then you shouldn’t feel compelled to put potentially hundreds of hours into the game just to get what amounts to cosmetic things in BfA.

If they want those items available to BfA players, they should add more methods to obtain them in BfA.

6 Likes

I’ve already addressed this. That isn’t a bad thing. It increases the time people will feed into classic, even if it is for the “wrong reasons”. People will raid and whatnot for appearances rather than just “me raid”, which in a game without new releases and limited progression will die very quickly.

Loot addons. “This is an upgrade”, “no its not, its a dps loss according to this addon”

“but what about dungeons”
Oh no, not dungeons, if someone ninja loots something just for an appearance we might have to kick them and let everyone know they’re a loot ninja.

2 Likes

It’s not a bad thing in your eyes because you don’t care about classic. Only retail. Now look at it through the eyes of someone who wants that item you just won for retail purposes.

Classic and retail need to remain seperate.

The fact is you are also fundamentally changing the way the game is played and you are adding reasons for someone to roll on an item beyond “is it an upgrade for me”.

You find this reasonable because

1. you don’t care about classic, you care about live.
  2. you say it would increase longevity. Less then. 1% of people in vanilla actually cleared naxx. Classic will have plenty of longevity.
13 Likes

“You don’t care about classic lol”
This is called a strawman fallacy.

“Now look at it through the eyes of someone who wants that item you just won for retail purposes”

I already addressed this. “That guy is a loot ninja”. He gets kicked and blacklisted on his server.

“You’re fundamentally changing the way the game is played” No. I’m not. And no matter how much you scream this it will never become true. This makes more people play classic than otherwise would have and for longer. Loot councils/masters can be the final verdict and prevent this, unless its a legitimate upgrade for them too.

Hey look its that strawman again, good job slaying that mighty bundle of straw.
What happens at the end, however many years in? Top players no longer have anything to gain in classic.

1 Like

Midnâ

This idea of yours is absurd. You need to abandon all hope of it ever happening… because that’s exactly what will happen. Nothing.

It’s not going to happen. Let. It. Go.

9 Likes

So by adding reasons to roll on items beyond wanting it for Classic wow you aren’t changing the game?

The only reason someone should need to play Classic is wanting to play classic. Not to get appearances for retail. And thank God blizzard agrees

6 Likes

"That idea that blizzard will add more abilities to retail is absurd. You need to abandon all hope of it ever happening, because that’s exactly what will happen

Just let it go"

Everyone always sounds like the retail white knights while defending pure classic with no forwards compatibility.

Fundamentally? No. That’s absolutely absurd.
“the only reason…”
Do you know what an auxiliary reward is?
Oh my god, someone might be playing classic for classic itself, but they might ALSO WANT APPERANCES THEY GET IN CLASSIC TO BE IN RTAIL

FDJGHDAFJ;HBJNDFJ;LKHJLK;FGJPSDFZJPFHNJIOHADGJTH

1 Like

So … you’re angry because I and other people disagree with your idea.

Ok?

I mean you’re the one digging yourself in a hole on this thread… tbh you are behaving like a 5 year old.

10 Likes

Why does everything have to be rewarded?

Playing Classic isn’t about getting special mounts or trasmogs for your retail character; it’s about reliving Vanilla, or getting to experience it for the first time.

That in and of itself is the reward. Why do we need to start throwing participation trophies into this?

“You played Classic! Here’s a special flashy ribbon in retail to show everyone how special you are!!!”.

Let’s get over this nonsense. If you want to play Classic, then play Classic. Do not expect to be rewarded in another game for it.

8 Likes

Stop trying to change the game. Blizzard wants what’s rare in live to remain rare.

See here’s the other problem. While yes you apparently want both and thus you get auxiliary rewards.

What about those who are enticed to classic because of mogs and mounts?

We don’t want those. They will bail when they get what they want.

5 Likes

Classic needs to be exactly what Vanilla was (with the improvements to account safety, bug fixes, etc that live currently has). No cross anything, no sharing and no linking of the classic to the retail versions. If you want something that was in vanilla, go farm it. If it is not available, too bad you lost your chance. Enjoy it in classic

3 Likes

Not always. They made a way to acquire the full Defias set again which really bugged me. And recently the anniversary event brought back some removed items. Sucks man. Put me on the “bring back the everything” train…

1 Like

But literally defias for some reason was removed meanwhile the druid set in wailing caverns remain.

2 Likes

Nothing was removed with the intention of making that item special. So, I don’t think that matters. But, I don’t know.

Maybe not but some items just can’t be obtained anymore. And blizzard has said they want it to remain that way

They may have changed their mind. Especially with the anniversary dragons dropping removed loot.

I’ll be playing classic a lot less than I probably would have, and same will go for a lot of people.

It doesn’t change classic. It only affects retail

These two sentences contradict each other.

What you’re apparently not getting, is that “You’ll have a lot fewer retail tourists playing Classic for rewards in what they think of as The Real Game” is exactly the change we want.