Please reconsider your stance on retail/classic reward linking

Classic is already tied to retail via the sub and WoW token. You need a retail WoW sub to play Classic. Classic is not a separate sub.

The collector’s edition and its rarity is part of the experience. Pets were more difficult to come by and required bag space. The original CE also only allowed one of the three pets per character making each of the three pets even more rare.

Having the second quest I ever did be getting my mini Diablo was part of my authentic original WoW experience. Standing in the hills of Darkshore past the owlkins and seeing mini Diablo breathe fire for the first time and scaring the bajeezus out of me is part of my authentic original WoW experience. Showing my pet and getting whispers and comments in /say and others seeing mini Diablo was part of everyone’s authentic original WoW experience.

CEs were a rush to be first. Give the original CE owners the pets and then let the first 10,000 non CE players to login per region get flagged with the CE pets, or just make it random.

No one getting the CE pets is not authentic.

This is a curiously needless hill for Blizzard to battle on and has me seriously concerned about the commitment to an authentic experience.

2 Likes

That’s a great memory of original WoW.

But Classic won’t be original WoW. It’s a new game, as authentic as possible, which means that some few things might not be as exactly as they were. You getting your Mini Diablo pet does not effect class balance, gameplay, or any other crucial aspect of the recreation.

IOW, you and others will live.

4 Likes

You know, I hate to single you out again, but dude, you’re really zeroed in on this one mount-- obviously one of the most, if not THE most, exclusive in the game. And obviously, on Classic, there will be a way to get it, but Blizzard can’t guarantee that YOU will be the person to get it on your faction on your server. This goes for whether or not there were linked rewards between games or not.

And again, I am so confused at why you’re so insistent on reward linking when you say you have no interest in the modern game. Is it that Classic isn’t good enough and you need to be able to occasionally log over to modern and sit in Stormwind on your Black Scarab in your full Tier 3 with your Corrupted Ashbringer, just so everyone knows how cool you are? Because doing that on your Classic server wouldn’t be enough?

I just do not get it.

1 Like

Exactly this

Okay explain to me why you’ve done a 180 on wanting authentic vanilla? You’ve been asking for group finder and class balance, yet this part needs to be authentic only because it benefits you? I have a CE pet too that would be cool to have, but your level of hypocracy is hilarious.

limited sharding

Its either that or server crashes.

Take your pick.

They were just opinions, dude. Relax.

They were also ideas based on not knowing what Classic was going to be, exactly.

Thinking about it more, the problem I have with all this is that Blizzard wants us to think of Classic as a separate game, but use our retail account, without any statement on how Mini Diablo, Panda, Zergling, and Murky will make it into Classic.

Remember, “authentic experience”. Well, where will those pets come from?

I think you’re reading a tone that isn’t there. I was genuinely curious as to if something in your perspective had changed.

Well you used the word “hypocrisy”

wasn’t meant as an attack man. Thanks for the clarification. I don’t care one way or another about getting my CE pets but it’d be nice.

Classic is a do-over. Simple as that really. Want the CE pets? Wait and see if Blizz will do it over.

I made my point clear from day one - we didn’t know what Classic was supposed to be. So I offered ideas about improvements. That was clearly stated by Blizzard when they hinted at changes a year ago.

But it’s people here that demonized others for having a different opinion. How many accounts did Clion have? 20? Just yesterday I was called a troll for having a different opinion. That’s childish.

My biggest gripe with vanilla was finding groups. Yes I was in a raiding guild but that Naxx guild I didn’t join until later. The previous guild was spotty when it came to dungeons.

Guild banks was an idea because were we really going back to guild skimming? I guess we are.

But other than that, I’ve always been about the hard line. Even down to font kerning.

Pets are a gray area. Use our retail accounts to play Classic with no statement about how those pets will be in Classic.

People have said to me that I was pro-mog. Where? I never said that once. People accused me of being pro-flying. Ridiculous. Someone just accused me of that yesterday and then deleted their post lol.

Good to know that classic server’s are going to be dead, with no reward linking and little incentive to actually play classic.

Then you don’t understand what Classic is.

The incentive to play Classic is Classic.

Not for you. But for lots and lots of people, enough that Blizzard finally, after years and that idiotic “you think you [want it], but you don’t,” realized there was a market there. Not a ridiculously baroque way to give people already playing retail a way of getting new shinies–an actual market.

Have fun (or whatever) with your game.

4 Likes

As someone who wants to play Classic just for Classic and the change of pace, I would also like to see a way to collect old sets THROUGH EFFORT AND HARD WORK and have them appear in retail. Yes, I’m talking about putting all the time and effort into leveling a character, gearing them, farming for gold, making food and potions, and working together in a large raid to earn the gear (not ninja loot it).

I have been wanting the Dreadnought set forever, and was never able to find a raid for Naxx before the end of BC. It’d be great to have the chance to put in the time and effort needed to get it.

Isn’t there some sort of black market auction house thing? Someone mentioned that when this subject came up earlier.

Yeah you can get T3 items there. I got half my T3 set in vanilla and have been finishing it up from the BMAH.

Indeed. If people with this mindset are encouraged to stay away from Classic, it will be good to know. Spread the word so that others like you won’t even bother.

5 Likes