Please reconsider your stance on retail/classic reward linking

Starman…you have the pets. They’re not going anywhere. Stop speaking as if you’re losing them. You never had them in Classic, because Classic doesn’t exist yet.

If you followed your logic you could make a thousand arguments about why things people earned in Vanilla should be put into Classic. But that’s not going to happen. And saying anyone who doesn’t want those links established just want to keep people from owning them is beneath even you. It’s about sticking to a doctrine. Stop taking it so personally.

6 Likes

Fesz, every time you quote that, I’ll quote this:

So…you gonna do that all year?

“authentic experience”. Deal with it.

If you are so certain that what you chose to cherry pick means that Blizzard will set a precedent for further linking of the two games by allowing any pets (pets which are part of the collection system, BTW) to transfer from retail to classic , then why bother to ask Ysithiens for “clarification”?

Ythisens, if you’re still around please for the love of God ask the forum designers to give us back the ability to make an ignore list so I don’t have to keep reading these troll posts.

4 Likes

Not asking for clarification. Making a statement. They said they haven’t even talked about it yet so did you think I was going to get an answer today? lol

But CE pets also existed without the collection system, they don’t need it to be implemented, you can have one without the other.

Not asking for clarification? Making a statement? Really?

Allow me to quote you:

Dude, just stop. I’m sorry you didn’t get a CE in 2004. I did.

And if I had one I can 100% guarantee you I would be saying I shouldn’t have it in Classic. Just like I’m saying I shouldn’t have my TBC pet if that server is ever made, or my Wrath one.

Such a stance should not be dictated by individual desires. Yours is, clearly. But many of us just want a separation between the games. That’ll hurt in some instances, but in the end it’s for the best.

1 Like

Yeah, you would, because if you had one you’d know how unique they are, and that pet on that toon was special.

But you DON’T have a CE so you DON’T know how special they are and so you just want to crap on people that have it.

“Authentic experience”

Whether they existed without the collection system is irrelevant.

They are part of the collections system NOW. Allowing them to transfer between the two games sets a precedent for everything else that is part of that collections system to transfer between the two games.

That precedent would be even greater if Murky, which was NEVER account wide until the collections system was implemented, was allowed to be transferred from retail to classic.

I am all in favor of Blizzard offering a CLASSIC ONLY CE, or digital upgrade option, that would NOT affect retail, but would offer something for Classic, even if it was not the same pets as the original CE which applies to RETAIL.

Guys just stop arguing with starman. Blizzard has literally said no to almost everything. It’s not worth you wasting your time

3 Likes

No, it really doesn’t. Blizzard said they could make an EXCEPTION.

Oh, look what I found!

Yeah, I know dude, I was there on my rogue. But unfortunately, I wasn’t guild leader of a progression raiding guild, relying upon the hard work and time invested by the rest of the guild to get me (and only me) the Black Scarab mount.

So this B.S. about having “earned” the reward in Vanilla is nothing but B.S. You didn’t earn it. You had 39 other people helping you get something only you got.

Or, you know, could have server-transferred during BC to get the reward on that new server along with all the other hundreds of folks who want to preserve their investment.

Still B.S.

They said they’d consider. Not that it was guaranteed. Enjoy your hope.

People that never owned the CE shouldn’t be a part of this conversation. Their unconscious bias against anyone that has anything they don’t won’t understand.

No it is 100% relevant to what you are claiming, you are saying they can’t be added without also adding the collection system and that is not true at all.

See above, and no it does not set anything, you can have one without the other.

To be clear, I am not refering to Murky at all.

Ythisiens did say they could make an exception. He never said that they would.

In fact, he practically went out of his way to all but say the exact opposite.