Please reconsider the Dungeon Finder for Wrath, and other potential 'changes'

I get that the community is divided on the Dungeon Finder topic. Some people are heavily for it and some are very very against it. However, taking something out of the game that was there originally is so far beyond the smaller QOL changes (Such as adding things to the game a few patches earlier.)

Dungeon finder was added in 3.3.5, right? So… we can’t really be upset if you decide to hold off on releasing it until a later Phase for Wrath Classic. But to remove it entirely? I know some people hate it, but for some people it made the game playable for them. Some people enjoy leveling purely from dungeons without having to spam LFG channels or addons to find a group.

Regardless of the reason people like or dislike the tool, it was literally there in the original version of WOTLK and shouldn’t be removed. Hold off until the last phase if you must but don’t start taking away key functions of the game.

And then there’s this comment:

“Allowing” dual spec?
“Possibly with some restrictions”
This is just getting ridiculous. Just stop trying to change the way things worked and give us the expansion we all loved as is.

35 Likes

ICC would be fine honestly.

I’d even give up my seal from TBC to get it then. Starting to agree with the #nochanges people.

7 Likes

I don’t know what that guy is on, but “hybrid specs” already stopped being a thing in crusade. Everyone (except some feral druids) uses a specialized build. They do not want a hybrid build that isn’t effective for anything. If you do a mixed build between damage/heal for example, you just end up being abysmal at both roles. No one would want you in their raid. They want player A with max damage and player B with max healing. When you see posts like what that guy is typing it becomes clear that they have no idea what they’re doing. They then say “open to feedback” and promptly ignore all of it. People mention that they sent out surveys but that is totally useless if we did not all get one. I’ve never gotten a survey about classic, crusade, or wrath, meaning I have no representation in the vote or verdict.

7 Likes

there is no divide. Every poll I see has people that don’t want LFD at less than 10%. This decision comes from an old out-dated grandmother that thinks its still 2005.

18 Likes

Agreed. And I never got one either. I’m happy to give my feedback and wish that I would have gotten an official survey. :confused:

4 Likes

“Back in my day”

I just love the fact that they flat out lied lol, you can’t even hide it.

2 Likes

True lol.

The polls I’ve seen so far have been heavily in favor of keeping the Dungeon Finder, too.

9 Likes

Bug exploiters who AFK in battlegrounds is a pretty big demographic, huh?

Also seems like a lot of people are in favor of it being in the game come Pre-patch. Which, personally, I think would be awesome. But I’d still understand if they waited until later.

2 Likes

the community isn’t divided. its like maybe 10% of season of mastery spergs that want the tool removed. the vast majority want it in.

9 Likes

Well, I didn’t mean an equal divide exactly because clearly a ton of people want the tool to be included. It’s just that people seem to have a strong opinions no matter what side they are on.

I know some people personally who absolutely despise the LFD tool and are Pro-removal, and then others like myself, my husband and many of our friends who want it to stay.

2 Likes

This is the crap we’re fighting against. Like WHYYYYYY.

And basically everything that was said here… like… this guy does not need to have a say in Classic

1 Like

lmao that interview. So because he asked someone to tank as opposed to just getting a tank anyhow, its magically better. Even admitted the group didn’t talk outside the forming process.

5 Likes

It’s ridiculous. I’ve been in a LfD group where the tank said, This is my first tank so I’m going to be going slow or said We’re going for the x achievement on this run. That sort of thing can happen with the LfD just as easily as with a lfg channel formed group.

2 Likes

I’m just now getting around to watching the interview and it just makes me so mad. lmao

He talks about making long lasting social interactions/relationships but that just doesn’t happen even in TBC and like you pointed out, even he states in his example that they only briefly spoke at the start of the dungeon. 99% of the time that’s what the groups are… you communicate to set up, explain strats (if needed) and then say “gg, ty” at the end of the dungeon, then you likely wont see them again for a while. This is stuff that happens in retail, too. I just don’t get it.

The social relationships/friendships that I form are 100% through the guilds that I join, not random pick up groups. I know my experience doesn’t speak for everyone but I can’t imagine that I’m alone.

Also, if you just set up LFD to be server only you could fix some of the issues that people have about community. Though, I recognize that the smaller servers will suffer vs. the bigger servers thriving so I don’t have a good answer for that part.

At least towards the end of the discussion he was saying there MIGHT be hope for them to change their minds from feedback, but he seems pretty set on the decision. :frowning:

6 Likes

What a day when I want to hug the Retail team and punch the classic team.

More excited for Dragonflight then something I’ve been waiting on since Classic launched, it’s sad.

10 Likes

Hey man don’t cut yourself short life is to short just enjoy everything while you can and base your opinions from what you enjoy. I plan to play wrath also while I wait for Dragonflight and on top of that show up for heroic raiding in retail lol.

Retail and Classic can both still be enjoyed. Sure things might be frustrating but sometimes it’s better to not beat yourself up over it and just go with the flow and try and enjoy things while it’s in the moment. Could wake up one day with no internet or worse you know? Us Humans are great at getting ahead of ourselves due to greed haha forget to appreciate the current moments sometimes.

When I was younger I use to spend 12-16hours playing TBC/Wrath era it was super unhealthy but man was it fun and had some great friends and guild mates. Even 15 years later I have some few outstanding friends from this game even a few that passed sadly.

They’re making changes, and talking about making changes, antithetical to the very essence of wrath, at this point I might just look for the next fresh wrath server.

2 Likes

there’s one right now.

and has LFD right from launch

1 Like

wait wrath is out?