Please RE-Merge OCE+US

After playing with 300ms vs euros for years on TBC servers I have my doubts many will stay there. Once you hit the upper level of arenas every single bit of MS matters and will result in a win or a loss just due to that when equally skilled.

But if they dont care about that and would prefer more games then they would probably be happy.

Me and the OP are in different positions. If I would or wouldnt is due to different considerations then him.

I don’t really get it.

If you’re a good player, there are no queues and you want to test yourself against the best: -> you should want a merger

If you’re an average player, there are still no queues and you don’t get to play at all anyway: -> merger.

This.

Queues are getting worse and for some people it’s because they know they won’t get good queues so they don’t.

People leaving their guilds / Aussie friends to xfer off just to play arena would continue this spiral for OCE queues too.

1 Like

Well, we proposed the question to them, and they have gone silent on it.

What’s the answer OP / Titan / Others on OCE that are in support of the OP’s drive for more arena games during the early hours of the day?

Would you accept a free server transfer to a NA server to play on NA ping if you don’t mind it the lag difference?

What’s the point on doing Arena on OCE if you genuinely do not care about ping?

Free server transfers enough to solve this dilemma without dragging the whole OCE into a cesspool of drama again?

1. There is an argument that the current state of battlegrounds is a big reason why people dont go into arenas because they cant get resilience gear in the first place.
  2. An equally good player with bad Ms vs an equally good player with good Ms will always result in the good ms winning. At the highest levels of arenas wins and losses are made by a single GCD many games and this is exactly what MS will effect.

You start to have fights based on who’s with better ping then the better player.

1 Like

That’s also correct.

Why don’t you instead just transfer servers? Go to NA if you want to play in a NA player pool.

You literally have the solution available to you already, and yes it unfortunately costs some money… How about if it’s free?

“At the highest levels of arenas wins and losses are made by a single GCD many games and this is exactly what MS will effect.”

You’re using this as a point, but all of the high level OCE arena players want a merge for better queues.

2 Likes

Thing is people has been posting their opinion and it seems you want another echo chamber to support your idea without thinking on the consequences for other players too.

I am currently doing just that?

Thanks for your input, but it’s not an ideal long time solution for OCE arena is it smartass to have your playerbase transfer off?

1 Like

If nothing is done I’m sure people would, others have guilds and friends established from classic so they’d prefer not to when there could be a solution implemented.

The point is that there is a problem and we’re trying to voice that problem. The solution isn’t just sending everyone away who has that problem because the end result is a dead oceanic arena scene which none of us want.

Mate, if it means that much to you, I will personally go and create a Gofundme campaign to gather donations for the 10 people that want to play on NA ping, to pay for your server transfers to a North American server.

1 Like

You have more time on the forums than in an arena.

Please stop posting and let the people who actually log on wow talk.

Please stop complaining, and go transfer to a North American server if you want North American ping and player brackets.

Edit: You’re literally an alt account of someone else in this thread, your Forum account was created 28 minutes ago

He created the account, boosted a druid, levelled to 70 and got 2200 in arena in 28 minutes?

At the moment, we have the option of choosing if we want to play on OCE or NA. I would rather keep it this way, than force everyone to have to play on NA.

Account creation date is not the same as Forum creation date, this is an alt account plain and simple

Totally agree with this. The option is there and should remain there.

I don’t want to get with oce players simply because it ruins my ms nothing against the people playing there it’s just logistics and technology limited.

2 Likes

I remember when I was 14, discovered 4chan and thought forum trolling was cool.

1 Like