Please RE-Merge OCE+US

What if all Arena Q’s and match making was based on latency, so if you’re say at 30 MS ping, and your opponent is at say 150 its unlikely that you will be matched vs them unless a 15 min+ threshold is met to get you a Q vs a matched rating team?

Furthermore, I would be also hoping they included some kinda of mechanism so that its not always melee vs caster comps because wizards don’t suffer quite as badly on crap connections and can in some situation be unhittable.

Just some thoughts on the situation, getting games is important but also quality of service is too, and both arguments have merit.

1 Like

@Chundus, would you mind posting on your main account bud? You’re in the same guild as the OP, and your account is less than 2 hours old.

Either you’re bumping your own thread and supporting yourself with your second account, or you’re genuinely new to the forums and haven’t been apart of any of the previous conversations about this topic.

Personally, I’d say your an alt account of the OP as that’s why your in the same Guild as the OP, but posting on a non 70.

Thanks mate, I see you joined the forums 3 minutes ago.

Hello alt account

Hey bud. I don’t post on the forums often but the issue brought up in this thread is very real and means I can’t play the game.

I’m literally the same warrior who’s been posting, I changed to my TBC character so you stopped saying ‘alt account’.

Are you actually braindead? You spend more time on the forums than in arena, yet feel like you know it all.

Chundus is Ptard a warlock who has used that account for a long time.

Soheim is an OCE player who has been around for a long time.

You are a liar please stop trying to derail the thread with your misinformation and leave it until some people get home and comment ty.

1 Like

Not true because theres a difference between having some resil vs no resil when starting arenas for many specs.

Also check out the difference between s1 and s2 gear. It’s basically nothing.

Wow, and I thought I was the detective.

The actual statistics heavily favor the side of no merge.

1 Like

Derail the thread? How about you try generate a new thread without posting blatant complaints on the forums without any substance or attempt at providing a resolution that won’t negatively impact a large amount of the playerbase?

All I see is Titan members complaining, and freshly created forum accounts in support of them.

Not the best look for trying to promote change!

ye latency sucks but I’d rather game with latency when oce queues are dead than waiting a 10min+ queue just to dump infinity rating against a massively lower rated hard counter team cause they’re the only others in queue, chaining the same garbage risk over and over again cause there are so few teams. You can go like 4-1 matched against the same team in a row in a queueing session and lose overall rating, feelsoceman. This causes more people to stop bothering to queue except for 10game and the downward spiral continues.

1 Like

Well before this whole thread turns into a dumpster fire.

Address the BG issue before jumping into something as drastic as merging with US servers.

None of us can be certain if one will fix the other and its foolish do anything until the BG fix had been implemented and allowed time to have an effect. Not just 2 days on a weekend.

Edit: I’m not saying OP isnt wrong to complain about the issue. It sounds like the Qs for high level arenas are worse then those on private servers if he isnt exaggerating. But dont be hasty to do something as impactful when there can be something else contributing on a major way to the issue.

Out of curiosity, for those that are saying they don’t care about higher ping… If you don’t care about higher ping, how about you transfer to a US server instead? It’ll also help reduce Arugal’s population so we can get rid of Layers and not worry about queues as a result of no layers.

Mhmmm?

Just curious how were horde Q’s during the test BG weekedn thing? HvH? Mine were instant in NA.

They were instant.

I posted this thread in order to see if people wanted to post here to have their voice heard as many of them have been spamming twitter etc with no response. I also listed some of my experiences in the opening message.

Please speak comment civilly if you have a real opinion on it as I’d rather it not just be a bait fest.

I missed on that week but the day I did queue was 2-3 minutes for me as Horde

Actually a decent solution for those looking for faster games in Arena but will not help with Horde Q’s, they are super long in NA.

I hit 70 right when it ended. But from what I heard from friends it was amazing. Basically fixes the issue for horde.

I would be very curious to know if Blizzard offered free transfers off Oceania for those that want to play with NA Ping in order for a “better arena environment”, would they take the transfer?

It wouldn’t harm our player base on Arugal at all either, since I believe we’re the third highest populated server.

That way, the rest of us don’t get dragged down with the minority.

Curious how many would take a free faction transfer? like if they offered guild wide faction transfers for free. Would you take it?

I already have both factions 2 accounts so its not really a need, but man I know a lot of people who would take that option.

(does not fix long Arena waits at higher ratings tho)