Please RE-Merge OCE+US

Thanks for this comment very intelligent guy.

That’s fine, not that I really asked, but I’m still not sure how someone who plays 2-3 hours twice a week is going to contribute any meaningful activity towards the arena ladder. At max, those hours alone will probably be taken up doing one or two bg dailies, farming, maybe a heroic or possibly Kara later on?

1 Like

2-3 hours a week? You wouldn’t even be 70. It takes on average about what? 4-5 hours per level? 2 levels a week was my example. That would be 10 hours a week, which is plenty fot arena.

But thanks for pointing out those with even less time still havent hit 70 which is even more players for the pool.

Yeah, I defs didnt say TWICE a week

Oh sorry, 4-6 instead of 8-10 how many arena games can you fit into 6 hours? A crapload.

The ques are quite fine I will take a 5min any day of the week over the chance of playing arenas with high ping.

Im sorry for the OCE situation but NA has no need for this change and if there is even a 1% id get matched to an OCE server during Arenas its a hard pass.

You wouldnt even have time left over from farming dungeon gear, queueing bgs and just doing general chores. Especially not if you’re a horde player.

Which I’m not, and if I only care about arena and was smart with gold and saved all my quests until 70 golds not an issue.

How many hours a week do I need to push arena? 20? Your falling into no life times there. I know for a fact it doesn’t take that much time.

As an OCE player, every single game I’ve played on retail, the majority of which are against NA teams, have been played on a US server. It works fine in retail, so I think it’d be fine if they just port that system to BC

I played high levels of arena in tbc (glad rank1 range). The rating on average rarely hit much over 2400 for glad and sometimes rank 1. You could easily get glad sub 2200 some seasons. Hell, in s3/s4 it was common to transfer at the last 2-3 weeks of a season when they announce the end to do the grind for rank 1.

Now check our the current ratings just a few weeks into TBC.

People are trying to do rank 1 type grinds when people are still gearing and prepping.

Even playing 2’s (the most active bracket) as early as 1700 you’re already sitting 5-7min queues only to be matched against the same team over and over again. Out of an hour queue session it’s very easy to spend half of that time just sitting in a queue. As a dad gamer this is a very disheartening experience to have waste what little free time I have to be spent waiting to play the game.

I’m not sure many of the super casual crowd you’re claiming will inflate the ladder to playable levels are going to be that laser-focused on arenas. You’re talking about yourself mostly.

Other players with that kind of play schedule will be dabbling in pve, battlegrounds and wpvp and probably not play many games of arena, if any.

This is tbc, 1 of it’s biggest draws is arena, the horde pop proves that point. There is heaps of pvp only casuals.

Even if 10% of players still prepping are any good at pvp, that will double the current pool or more. In my opinion.

Look at ironforge.pro the amount of level 70s is going up exponentially.

And the sooner they fix battlegrounds the sooner people will feel like actually trying to grind rating.

How many games? Not sure really, if you queued at non peak hours? not many. i’ve sat 45 minute queues at like 4pm for arena already.

1 Like

As more players get to where you are the queues will drop.

What is it like on weekdays at 7pm+ and weekends out of curiosity and at what approximate rating?

I havent bothered currently outside 10 games.

The queues have been getting progressively worse since first week, that’s just not true at all lol.

1 Like

I don’t beleive you. Maybe you’re just ahead of the curve, part of the stuggles of a sweaty pioneer.

Man, some of you guys are massive whiners.

Y’know Blizzard themselves said that it’s literally going to be trialed over an ENTIRE SEASON.

The Season isn’t even over and the tears are flowing, you haven’t even given Blizzard a chance to complete the Season.

This thread is literally useless, it’s still on trial, so if you’re hoping that this Thread is your go-to for reverting the change, then you’re mistakenly wrong.

OCE only queues was never going to be permanent, but if you want to play on NA before the changes come into effect, please server transfer and save us the whining tears.

1 Like