Please RE-Merge OCE+US

Yeah but there’s two different communities here, as soon as we merge back you’ll have the upset Americans about having to deal with laggy Oce people, and then you’ll have a swarm of upset Australians on the same hand.

It’s much cleaner, and simpler just to let the minority grab a free transfer to a North American bracket than impacting two different regions of players

It’s just going to open up the flood gates to complaints from both Americans and Australians, and I doubt Blizzard has any interest in destabilizing two separate player bases again

There’s no difference if every oce player wanting the merge were to transfer over or we queue into them?

So your solution is to have them xfer to US and be “laggy Australians” anyway? Just stop.

What about the Americans that would welcome offpeak queues? Like I said the system is right there in retail. They’ll have a laggy game once and awhile compared to what they’re used to whereas we have an oceanic arena scene that isnt dead.

Can agree to disagree, but at the end of the day this is a minority speaking.

If you scrolled up to my earlier comments, if they can exclude US East and US Central from any possible mergers, then the conversation can be held again.

Unfortunately a merge would involve US Central & East servers, which is not practical for Oceania.

Anyways, I’ll leave you guys to your echo chamber, no more free bumps

Maybe a minority of the total oceanic playerbase but I’d say a majority of the oceanic playerbase that actually queues arenas more than 10 games a week.

2 Likes

Merge please, system where we start looking for oce only, after 3-5min we look at USW (and only USW).

Arena is very dead which is super concerning this early on in the first season which will only drop in participation from here.

Idc what they do with BGs, can leave them as oce only (especially if they implement horde v horde permanently)

I just want to be able to queue arena whenever and fight more than one team at my mmr

5 Likes

can we merge with eu

1 Like

brazil pls

Are you talking Arena Q’s or BG because it’s not gonna help for BG since horde is like 1hr or more in NA.

I agree, please re-merge OCE+US because my cousin Mario cancelled his subscription recently as he was waiting hours in queue and it ruined his experience. Mario may not be all there but his heart is in the right place, even when he was younger we bought him a “Hey Arthur” 450 piece puzzle to complete for his 19th birthday, to this day he has been able to complete all four corners but we found out 2 pieces were missing and after contacting the company that made it they were unable to replace both pieces, this may be off-topic but would anyone have or know someone who has the following two puzzle pieces for the 2006 “Hey Arthur Deluxe 400-piece puzzle set”;

• Arthurs left wrist watch piece
  • The blue sky piece 3rd from the top right (I think it has a slight bit of cloud too)

Just IM me here or in game and I will pass it on to Mario.
Anyway Mario is a passionate WOW player of 15+ years and losing his subscription is like losing a world boss, disheartening and embarrassing.
Thanks for listening.

4 Likes

we are talking about Arena queues sir

Initially I was against the merge, due to two reasons: ping, and the way in which it was implemented (without engaging the community) .

I was hoping the OCE population would be sustainable and competitive but the first few weeks of arena have shown otherwise. Presently Oceanic have fewer than 500 3s teams, if we were to merge with US that pool would increase to 5,000 - even at 1700 I’m facing the same teams as many as 8 games in a row during prime time, there just aren’t enough teams queueing.

I would however like to see an Oceanic priority queue system in place, and/or not be matched with Central US as the difference in ping is too great, especially if you’re not living on the East Coast.

4 Likes

I had assumed so, but I just wanted to be sure because you can never tell around here.

Still dont agree that having to xfer off to experience queues in arena is the way to go at all.

I PVE and PVP on my warrior, I am the MT of my guild that ive been a member of for over 2 years I doubt they would take too kindly to me xferring to NA to arena. People should be able to experience each aspect of the game without having to server xfer to achieve it.

The idea of having queues open up to US after a certain time is decent I don’t hate that idea at all. It still allows people who want OCE only to experience it as a priority over US queues.

1 Like

Defs need to change something game not enjoyable when i can only que at certain times and days (:

2 Likes

Everyone still overlooking the fact people cant even get into the position to do any kind of high rated arena due to BG times to get honor.

Only for games above 1800 and always hosted on US servers. That way it wont affect anyone in the “dont merge us” crew, and its fair for the americans.

That’s the only solution.

You do not NEED to have a full honor set to enter arena. Almost every class will still use some raid gear in their final BIS setup.

nobody says you need to full set. But currently it can take 2 days of playing 12 hours per day to get 1 item. Even if you had the honor you cant buy half the items.s due to no tokens.

You cant expect half the specs to step into arenas with sub 100 resilience and do more then the bare minimum.

You are aware of the current q times right? Or did you have 75k stocked up with a cap on your tokens.