Please pull the ripcord

Its so depressing to not be able to be night fae on my current main, because the ability is absolutely awful compared to necrolord. I am maining resto shaman for the first tier. And to do the content my guild and m+ group are doing, Necrolord is the best covenant by miles. I could arguably go Venthyr, but it wouldnt be optimal.

I want to be able to join the covenant i like aesthetically. Like please. This is one of two reasons I play an rpg. for aesthetics and internal RP. I love the ambience of ardenweald. But I am a competitive player. And having a relevant and powerful ability is not something I can pass up. I would be letting down my team.

This isnt a meaningful choice. Its not. It would be meaningful to be allowed to pick what I want.

They arent tuned properly for all classes. The promise was not fulfilled.

Please just pull the ripcord and take away the dark cloud hanging over what is clearly the best expansion wow has seen.

thanks.

9 Likes

Bro. In sims it’s 3-5% difference if that’s too much for you I’m sorry, get better or get a life.

They are all viable and the optimal one again, 3-5%. It’s not enough to sweat about, unless you’re going for freaking worlds firsts or are paid to play wow. It’s time hardcore players start enjoying the game, seriously man. Who cares

4 Likes

Its a significant difference for resto shaman. Especially in keys. Night fae is absolutely awful. Prim wave is an extremely good spell. Dropping it would be like switching one of the most impactful talents in a row for the one that does basically nothing. Its absolutely not 3-5% in this case, and the technical utility that prim wave adds cant be assigned a value. It fills a hole in our tool kit and solves a big problem we have. The soulbinds are also much better.

Why push back against letting us have a choice?

2 Likes

Because the entire game, there is no more choice. There was a time players had identity and meaningful choices in their spec, class, race etc. it adds something to the game and a sort of pride.

The RPG in this game is essentially dead and they’re at least trying to bring pieces of it back

4 Likes

Imagine having an existential crisis over a video game.

3 Likes

It’s amazing watching these people break down over having to make a video game choice. Such slaves to those minor gains that they are losing it. I’m waiting for the “just got benched for choosing necrolord covenant “ posts any day now!

2 Likes

I picked my absolute worst choice and went for what I liked the best

System is still stupid and every time you see someone that’s your class of a different covenant do some explosive damage you start wondering if the transmog you don’t have yet and more than likely won’t use was worth it

They should have pulled the ripcord long ago

4 Likes

I dont understand the pushback against wanted to be able to choose between our aesthetics and power independently. Also Im not a guy.

The game isnt dead when given that choice. This game hasnt ever been dead. People just get burned out and say that. I love this game. I still rp in my head all the time. And now I am stuck with a character that I feel very disconnected from because I want the spell that feels the best to press and most fun to play.

I shouldnt have to choose between my characters abilities being fun to use and having a character that looks the way I want them to. It is silly. And in the case of 2/3 of my characters, this is a mutually exclusive thing.

And to clarify, for shaman, the difference between prim wave and night fae (conduits included) is significant. In all likelihood it is closer to 10-12% and the incalculable loss of an ability that fills the hole in the shaman kit of not having a strong aoe heal when the raid isnt stacked.

The ripcord is not going to be pulled.

Ion has made that clear.

Accept it, and either pick the covenant you like the look of, or the one that is best for the main content you want to do.

3 Likes

You’re probably right. Its super sad :frowning:

1 Like

I miss when people just played the game and not worry about 110%ing their character/class.

3 Likes

Well if you completed the story line they did say we will unite and work together. So I guess next 2 patches

The spell fills a very nice missing toolkit and it will be great in fights where riptide can pull as the third, second or even first highest healing spell. Yet, it doesn’t compliment our niche though.

Yet, by no means is chain harvest far inferior. Unless you are doing cutting edge mythic raiding it really is not a big deal.

1 Like

Do they really need all these convoluted systems that they are just going to take away after the expansion? Just let me play my class and be done with it like it was before Legion. Is that really so hard?

1 Like

They are convinced players would hate it without these systems when I’m pretty confident personally saying that giving a new talent row…

Would have made people a lot happier.

2 Likes

I feel you op. I wanted to pick the vampires cause you know vampires are cool. The ability is absolute trash and i wouldn’t doubt thay they use storm, earth, and fire AI sooo it will just decide to like not work. Also the leather set is just the worst but all leather covenants suck the kyrian one just sucks a bit less.