Please please please bring back Legion Artifact appearances for Druids!

IRL or in game? In game yeah I bet everyone that thinks they’re funny would love it.

Well since the tower is what’s special and not the rewards, then you have your wish.

Not sure the point of the contradiction you just made.

3 Likes

I don’t have to; the fact that you have 26 posts in this thread proves you wrong.

2 Likes

As someone who played through Legion, I remember the limited time availability of getting the druid forms (my main class) and it pushed me to try to complete the Mage Tower for Feral/Guardian specs because I’d want to use those appearances in future expansions.

I wiped a bunch of times, got frustrated on multiple occassions, had to look up guides, attempt different strategies, etc… and eventually prevailed to attain the exclusive rewards. I wasn’t a serious PvE player so it’s not like I had great raid gear or anything. It was tough, but the carrot on the stick was there. Definitely would have done other things with my time if there wasn’t that limited time exclusivity before next expac to lock in the unique appearances.

That said, it’s satisfying to know that going the extra mile and perservering paid off. That’s how rewards and motivation work.
After returning to the game recently (skipped BfA, SL, most of DF), I’m surprised at the entitlement of current players that everything should be available because “we want it!” Personally, I’d love to have the exclusive PvP Gladiator mounts and tier sets, but I wasn’t in the right place at the right time, or I wasn’t accomplished enough to earn them through merit of my achievements. C’est la vie. Blizzard does not owe me that content because I see it and I want it. This is perspective that may come with time and experience for many.

Seeing a similar theme with Plunderstorm outcry over unlocking appearances too.

4 Likes

So, because I’ve posted in a public forum, about items I already own in game you think that somehow proves I give those items value? You’re going to have to help with this canyon sized leap in logic you’ve made.

2 Likes

Yes, because if the items had no value we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

I’m sure the crack looks big when you’re working with very small steps.

1 Like

So what your saying is it doesn’t have special value if you ignore the things that make the weapon appearances unique? Scarcity doesn’t mean unique either it can also mean rare, when you have weapon types that only have a few representatives that makes them rare which is another word for scarce which you have taken great pains to say means value. Big shields are scarce in this game. Just by being a legion artifact weapon skin gives them value since most weapons can’t be mogged over anything your using regardless of your weapon type. Legion weapons as a type could be called scarce just because they are distinct in a few objective ways and also they are not a huge chunk of the weapons in this game.

The mage tower weapons were intentionally made to look different from the usual artifact weapon appearances probably to emphasize they were weapons earned after completing a challenge. They were made visually distinct, I refuse to believe the value of such weapons should come from having a sub during legion instead of taking the time to learn the mage tower and complete it on your own power as a solo challenge. It devalues the mage tower which was and even is still good content that we should have more of.

2 Likes

We’re having this conversation because YOU have placed some sort of value on these items. Not me. I’m just responding because I’m lucky enough to have the ability to do so.

I’m sure the straws look bigger when you’re grasping at them as well.

1 Like

But you’ve only proved that the artifact weapons in general were unique. Each one has four other appearances with multiple colors that are fully unlockable right now for anyone who wants them. Nothing you have said justifies the specific mage tower appearances being free for all.

Then you should be asking for new challenges with new rewards. The same challenge with the same reward as before is not good content.

Wrong. You’re actively campaigning to reduce the value of these items (because we already established that scarcity adding value is objective fact). I’ve seen you do it in many threads, so it’s obviously something you care about. You wouldn’t be here if you didn’t place value on the items.

3 Likes

You have that in your head as a fact but it’s not. When someone gives zero value to that item your “objective fact” becomes subjective opinion.

I care about bringing cool and unique items and appearances back to the game, yes.

I’ve been on this forum for years and years and probably will for years and years to come. I enjoy wow. I enjoy cool things in wow. It sucks for everyone when those items are taken away. So yes I would still be here regardless of what you think.

2 Likes

You can get everything other than mage tower. Mage tower isn’t coming back. Go get the others.

5 Likes

MoP CM sets.

1 Like

You would have to show me someone who gives them zero value first.

Plenty of other cool appearances in game right now.

2 Likes

I’m speaking to the op who brought up Druid forms. Mop cm sets have nothing to do with this conversation nor am I speaking on them.

4 Likes

Anyone who wants them brought back.

Yes, and?

1 Like

If they didn’t value them they wouldn’t want them brought back.

I genuinely don’t understand why this is so hard for you to grasp.

I feel like I’m just getting trolled at this point.

2 Likes

Oh sorry, anyone who already has them and wants them brought back.

I don’t know why it’s so difficult for you and people like you to understand. I don’t understand what you get out of being on the side of denying people items in a video game. It seems petty and childish. Like a 10 year old throwing a tantrum because their sibling got the same thing they got a week later.

2 Likes

I’m pretty explicitly saying that if someone finishes the mage tower in a spec they should get the weapon yes, if that is a free for all to you that is your problem. The mage tower not having rewards by challenge is a objective downgrade to the content where once it was a place to try your hand at a spec you like now its a place where you find the easiest one for your class and call it a day unless you are doing the mage tower to do the mage tower. The Mage tower only having rewards for one challenge is a downgrade which can impact its impression at large and possibly mean people will be less receptive to more later, in fact if they pull the same “it only counts if you do it in current expansion” thing for a hypothetical new mage tower I would be less inclined to have it.

I can also throw your argument back at you Nothing you have said justifies the specific mage tower appearances being locked. Keeping things scarce just to keep them scarce is not justifiable, the mage tower weapons have value beyond being scarce as I’ve been debating at least. Even if it wasn’t the mage tower the items have value on their own that would make them fine rewards for something leaving them time locked after 6 years is a waste of resources.

Also value is a subjective concept I would like it if you stopped throwing words like objective around it. You want an objective value: mage tower weapons have objectively been of negative value to my account because I’ve likely spent close to a wow token on mogs involving the weapons, but for some reason I seem to hold them as a positive value.

3 Likes

Yes, you certainly do.

And you’ve wasted enough of my time.

/muted

Ah, no answer to that. Exactly what I thought.

1 Like

I honestly think people who say this stuff are literally doing it just to get a rise out of people on the forum. They know what they’re doing. When you back their logic into a corner you get this:

3 Likes